What's new

How old is Trainwreck

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
No, I was saying that eric is full of shit, and the good doctor (rip) was absolutely duped, pay attention, lol.

Reading the post I quoted with the post you quoted one could beg to differ

But I'm not gonna bicker about silly shit

Remember the first time you smoked TW, well imagine it was around before thatand be happy you smoked her

Peace and chicken grease

Tom Hill

Veteran
Beg as you may, the e32 story that DocJ brought back is the only silly shit still remaining to cut out. Some of these guys couldn't keep a fly inside of a bottle let alone a line for decades, no way no how so let's shove that romantic bs exactly where it rightfully belongs - inside the darkest places. These are my neighbors, shit that decent doesn't escape me for that long.

Last edited:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
thanks for the pics Tom, I got a cut in the bay thats 10 days in and I hope it's the one... Trainwreck always does my head right and the smell tells the story upfront. I got 4 other TW crosses that I'm excited about too.

Anyone know the story behind a TW cut developed in Petaluma, CA?

I can't remember what thread it was in, but someone claimed a TW grown in Petaluma was different from the Arcata cut and better in their opinion.

I grew up in Petaluma...curious to hear about old school growers in that area.

ghettochild

how old is any ganja we are smoking... its as old as you want to say it is in order to maintain hype or hearsay. lets see some more pictures to distinguish e32 and arcata pineapple tw etc... tom hit it on the head about a greasy floppy stinker who is prone to nanners and p lockout dark purple leaves and buds etc... mine have always been this way.

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What I learned in this thread:

Tom is a cool ol man.

Wish I had more time to grow his strains. i would like another crack at them.

Grojak

Trainwreck is a midwest strain, I should know I enjoyed it in the early 90's. I had a few people I grew with back in the midwest and the original TW is still out there being grown, originated from an uncle of a friend (well a friend his uncle) they still have it going round. I don't know if you'll find it anywhere but it is from Kansas, who'd of thought right?

hdn155

It's not from kansas. Humboldt county California born and bred. I've heard a Thai x Mexican x afghan. I heard it got its name from the huge colas resembling rail road cars flopping all over the place like a "trainwreck"

Storm Shadow

Veteran
I have Landrace Iranian Strains that smell indentical to Trainwreck... of course the phenos that had that smell hermied hard on me.. But I have have nailed that aroma down from these beans... I bet Twreck is old as dirt ... which is a good thing...
Tom Hill is da man btw

Grojak

you're right lol stupid stoner me!! I got confused with Trinity, which is what we had and grew back in the day, it was crazy moving out west and finding it's clones all around.

Marn

I thought TW was Colombian x Lowland Thai x Afghani. I could be wrong but I know it has some thai in there.

When I first started growing it was mainly Trainwreck bagseeds since there where so many on account of the tendency to herm. I had one exceptional Thai dominant pheno that I kept around for a while.

TonyGreenHand

Storm Shadow - do you have pictures of that land race strain? This is the type of information that I was looking for, If trainwreck is a landrace strain it could have easily been around back in the day so please do post some pictures!

Grojak - Trinity is from Kansas? What? I have heard this before do you have more details? I don't even care that it's off topic, please share.

Hey guys, I've been growing TW for a few years now. Lemon Double Lemony. Tends to herm but hardly ever a seed.

My question is does anyone breed with TW?? It's one of my favorite strains. If I do breed with it, will it turn into a mess because of the tendency to herm?

Grojak

LOL Let me tell you I've made 2 vacations to "pot regions" and have been in verbal confrontations with people in both :) Spent a summer in Mendocino Co and spent some time up on Vancouver Island, both places have "the best around" I call bullshit to both lol, while the abundance of good weed is greater the quality is no better, our seeds back in the 90's were primarily Serious and Sensi (some greenhouse but those got tossed), so I would argue it's not where you are it's who ya know, good weed can be found in Po Dunk Iowa, just gotta grow or know someone.

So the Trinity or "the Trin" as folks would call it, really blew up in the mountains of Co where more people grew (and I know of at least one major grower that got popped with 80 plants back in like 2000 and another who dumped his stash into a river right after the bust. But believe it or not it does come from Kansas.

A friend's Uncle claimed his buddy starte it, his uncle grew it, they had seeds back in the day, probably still do. Well the major grower of it got busted with what they called a "million dollar grow" it was an outdoor grow and all Trinity. I'm not sure if it came from his uncles friend in Wichita but I wouldn't be surprised if the real cross came from Lawrence via some Cali connection, Lawrence being a college town actually a chill hippy town believe it or not, the strains coulda came via cross country trip.

I got the hell out of Kansas as soon as I could :)

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
LOL Let me tell you I've made 2 vacations to "pot regions" and have been in verbal confrontations with people in both :) Spent a summer in Mendocino Co and spent some time up on Vancouver Island, both places have "the best around" I call bullshit to both lol, while the abundance of good weed is greater the quality is no better, our seeds back in the 90's were primarily Serious and Sensi (some greenhouse but those got tossed), so I would argue it's not where you are it's who ya know, good weed can be found in Po Dunk Iowa, just gotta grow or know someone.

So the Trinity or "the Trin" as folks would call it, really blew up in the mountains of Co where more people grew (and I know of at least one major grower that got popped with 80 plants back in like 2000 and another who dumped his stash into a river right after the bust. But believe it or not it does come from Kansas.

A friend's Uncle claimed his buddy starte it, his uncle grew it, they had seeds back in the day, probably still do. Well the major grower of it got busted with what they called a "million dollar grow" it was an outdoor grow and all Trinity. I'm not sure if it came from his uncles friend in Wichita but I wouldn't be surprised if the real cross came from Lawrence via some Cali connection, Lawrence being a college town actually a chill hippy town believe it or not, the strains coulda came via cross country trip.

I got the hell out of Kansas as soon as I could :)

Selling Wolf Tickets.....

Or you were just straight LIED to.....