What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How Much Did It Cost When You Started?

Opus

Back when I started a nickel bag was like a 1/4 oz, $20 an OZ went to $30 soon it was $100, that's when I started growing.... like early 80"s
Thems Canadian funds.

redbone

Trey bag ($3.00) was a couple g's. A can was $15.00. Thinking back it was probably close to a half ounce. Took a long time to smoke that up and you could turn everybody on for weeks.

Keys (2.2Lbs) were $500.00. A dime bag was about 1/4OZ. $40.00 an ounce.

There was lots of hash around. Folks would go to afghanistan to ski for xmas and bring it back in their luggage, no problem.

You have to remember this was when you could walk a key accross the border, ship it in a foot locker from CA or drive a trunkfull cross country it if you took the Southern Route.

Not everybody knew what it smelled like and Junior executives made 12 grand a year. Early Seventies.

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
35.00 for an OZ of columbian gold nice and sweet taste the haed was terriffic nice energy happy giggly high made the colors more vivid looking or mabee im just burnt now LOL

afropips

A Roll of 20 Durban Poison sticks was SAR 2 = US$1
The matchbox of Majat was SAR 50c.
A 2kg size Sugar Bag of Transkei heads from the grower was SAR 5.

Cool Runnings.......

billy bob

When I started in 1978 I can remember we were able to score $35 four finger lids of tx. mystry weed , that was nothing to talk about. But if you smoke enough of it you can manage to get ripped!!!

G

When I first started smoking herb was about $10-$15 a lid. A nickel bag was,surprisingly, five bucks. For quite a few years mexi was $15, jamacan was $20 and lumbo was $25 an oz. By the 80's columbian was up to $40 an oz where it stayed for quite some time around here. I thought $40 an oz was perfect, I used to buy a half z a week for $20 and by the time I was ready for my next weeks bag I usually had a jay or two left from the previous bag,lol. :joint:

ogrefugee

Official Tree Taster
Veteran
umm... when i started in 2000 it was $250 a zip for some headified tree... price has dropped since then but then again... i don't buy anymore

C

Chamba

350$ quess i'm a youngan!

lol are you are ....you lucky thing you!

back in the late 60's, early 70's in Melbourne Australia ...we didn't have Sth America and it's tons of excellent bud crossing the border,,,,,,what we had was mostly sub par home grown or rarely imported Indian..if you could find a seller that is you might be able to buy a little bit of Lebanese hash...( but then again I was just a pup so...)..but mostly we could be buy grass in deals stuffed in Matchboxes ..there was onl;y one brand of matches - Redheads lol(be very careful to open the match box facing the right way up!..once I opened the box to show a mate and lost 60% of it to the wind and cried),,no weights like quarters or 1/8th..it was a matchbox! ...it used to cost about 10 or 15 bucks Aus for a matchbox of seedy dry grass ..sometimes good, sometimes just ok.........and it wasnt available that often too...the thought of growing it just didn't occur to any of us....duh!..if I'd only known.back in those day you could of grown an acre in the front yard opposite the cop shop and they wouldn't of known any wiser!

I was hitchhiking one school holidays and some Hippies picked us up in a VeeDub Kombi..it was getting dark and they offered us a place to sleep at a farm of a friends of theirs in Lakes Entrance...we smoked some trippy weed that night...I remember the hips were hysterically laughing all night that a couple of 13 year olds were getting buzzed...in the morning I had a piss out the back and saw at least 5 acres of 10 foot plants ready to harvest....this property was on the most major highway in the country ...,the crop was butting against the house...you could see the plants as you drove past.....Highway 1...lol

..lol the early 70's!

...will it ever return? .....not the prices ...but the attitude, the change..the freedom and openess?..now it seems the whole world is greedier, faster, wheel spinning and self absorbed....ahhhh!

can you imagine 12 or 13 year olds hitch-hiking hundreds of miles on their school holidays nowdays? ....and never ever having a problem with cops or creeps?......hasn't the world changed in just 30 or 40 years!...nowdays even if our parent were mad enough to let us hitchhike interstate we'd be a headline in 10 minutes

Last edited:
G

25 dollars a oz for Columbian Gold and RedBud. Hawaiian occasionally would show up but not very often. This was the late 70's early 80's for me. Those days are gone along with everything else good bout those times.

:pimp3:

C

Chamba

Mr Mo..yep they are gone ..but there were the 20's with it's good times, Art Deco and energy and then there were the late 60's/early70's with it's peace and love, music etc.....I think we are well due for a new time!

I'm looking forward to the Neo-cons fascist reptiles fading into the shadows and the next generation making their mark ( if they'd only stop playing computor games 24/7 ..and start thinking and dreaming for themsleves then theres a chance!)

Last edited:

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
i actually heard of some mexi goin through cali... i rarely see it... but i think it was like 450 or 500 for a pound... like 35 or something for a lid... all this good dank is driving the demand for that stuff down... just thought id throw that in :D

E

ebbnflow

shit i remeber when 5 or 6 heads would rush the car with all quality green mexican..hooking up was never a problem. it isnt now just way more pricey if you dont grow ,or out.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
$15.oo a lid for Columbian, gold or black, and for Red Bud. Been chasing that Red Bud buzz for 31 years no, lol. Never forget the good stuff. First weed I ever smoked that made me feel like the blood was leaving my head. Never forget the good stuff

Latest posts

Latest posts