What's new

How many watts is "too many" in So Cal?

DarthFader1

Veteran
Thanks BrnCow, yeah i do need to invest in a decent fan speed controller your right.. My current centrifugal has a 2 speed setting with speed 1 @ 420m3 and speed 2 is 800m3. Even on speed one double muffled you can still hear it with ease, fml. And thats with room sealed up too mind you, that noise travels through walls so hard im doubting whether you can ever eliminate thre noise unless your fans are turned waaaaay down at which point you'd have to start watching you dont lose negative pressure >> leads to smell leaks etc..

In saying that Id be interested for sure to see how a controller goes for me, not just for extraction but intake fans also

Have a great day
Darth

cody2white

ghost in training
Veteran
Always hang your fans with bungee cord or ropes. Helps a ton

You can also put the fan in between the lights to help out

M

MrSterling

This thread is *gold*! I was laughing from page one with the discussion of "building equity", and then hit the part about landlords "showing the place to potential buyers". Has OP ever rented before? Sheeeeet. I've spent years in rentals where I saw the landlord twice, once when I signed the lease, and once when they did the walk through as I moved out.

DarthFader1

Veteran
Always hang your fans with bungee cord or ropes. Helps a ton

You can also put the fan in between the lights to help out

^^ Yes this.

I only recently learnt this trick i use the mrs's stockings to hang my intake fans which has quietened them down a bunch.

cheers

darth

DarthFader1

Veteran
This thread is *gold*! I was laughing from page one with the discussion of "building equity", and then hit the part about landlords "showing the place to potential buyers". Has OP ever rented before? Sheeeeet. I've spent years in rentals where I saw the landlord twice, once when I signed the lease, and once when they did the walk through as I moved out.

Exactly.

To add to this part of finding suitable rentals is feeling the landlord out to how intrusive they will be. Personally i have zero problem telling potential landlords that im a very private person and i dont want any intrusions. You can usually pick up the warning signs pretty quickly if they're going to give you hastles. Its a perfectly legit thing to want privacy.

The current place im in the landlord had the house on the market for sale and asked me if id mind if the real estate agents could show peeps through. I was very firm but polite and told him under no circumstances would i sign a lease while the house was on the market for sale. Guess what, he took the house off the market immediately and i havent heard from him since.. I wouldnt even know what he looked like if i had to pick him out, and i assume he wouldnt remember me either. As long as you pay your rent on time its all good ime.

Darth:joint:

KT420

Seems like this guy Smokahontas is either California Dreamin', or trying to bait some big fish. 2 x 500's is ROFLcakes, but then again, so are fan speed controllers... Everyone knows they make fans louder, come on now. Small fans, big duct and duct reducers are the ticket. Be careful out there folks.

Gry

Veteran
This has to be one of the most entertaining threads I have run across. Thanks to all who contributed !

Ok this thread has turned into "how many watts is too many?" to "Can i trust my friend with my grow?"

I don't need input on whether or not I can trust my friend or what the result will be. This person is my best friend who I trust with my life. We have big plans on building some equity so that we don't throw out 15k a year renting in OC. We have good reason to be doing it, and like I said I trust this person more than anyone. ANYONE.

So, no more input on whether or not living with my friend is a good idea. Gratzi!

these guys are right.
4k is way too much for a condo
you are WAY too close to your neighbors
can you transplant and do everything in the room? not likely so can you carry pots of media to the room without being seen?
don't put your grow waste in the trash
carpet/wood floor? gonna be destroyed I promise

get a house with a good bit of distance from other houses and a CAN 150.
electric co won't know if you heat the jacuzzi 24/7 or what esp if your neighbors all have high bills too but pay the bill on time FOR SURE
GET A sb 420 COUNTY CARD using a PMB and a burner phone number
put the house in a corp and set up a non-profit
too many issues with the plan, stan. sorry.

actually the whole place will get destroyed by the time you put in electrical conduit, minisplits, mount lights and carbon filters, etc. you'll flood your room at least once so I hope you don't have neighbors downstairs.
also, everyone and their little sister grows here. you have lots of competition. one bad harvest and you'll be up shit creek. you'll need that 20K just to make a legit grow room.
for about the same risk, you would make more to stay in the midwest and not have to ship or cross state lines to do it. my $0.02

JointOperation

3000w isnt shit.. compared to most in cali.. i wouldnt worry about it . ive had friends run 3000-5000w in 1 bedroom apartments that had like 50 units per building. with no problems.. just air cooled llights.. and ran an portable AC.. he got lucky.. an exhausted threw his Bathroom venting system.. and had no problems there.. so .. its really a question of what your comfortable running.. and what u need to produce to provide yourself with medicine on a daily basis..

iBogart

Veteran
Old thread, but entertaining.

I feel for OP though. East coast blows compared to the west. It's a story heard too many times. A mistake future young east coasters will no doubt make. Like Dorthy from the wizard of oz, give that young person their ruby slippers that will transport them back home.

I wonder what became of OP? If he put that money into an RV and did an outdoor grow in Norcal, then drive that RV back east to sell his goodies, he might have received better reception. But he wanted all the glamor of OC...

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was hoping for a happy ending, like the OP losing his best friend and assets :D Fuckin douchecanoe

Latest posts

Latest posts