What's new

how many generations til a strain becomes yours

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
tumblr_lt860wCCz41r3gup8o1_400.gif

Tom Hill

Veteran
well the ops og question was a lot like a fucking grommet asking when it's ok for him to charge and take his place in the line-up lol..so yeah pay your dues kid if you have to ask then you're not ready..

Tom Hill

Veteran
subcool said bigbud was hemp he has a spanking coming that is utter nutter butter bar.. hemp don't yield.. it does not have to and has never even been given the chance... all drug cannabis currently grown today are variations on what rob clarke called the creeper phenotype but forget about creeping.. the highest yielding of anything including over-all worth plants on this planet are hybrids taking this from that and that from this,, there is no hemp or even landrace that can do it -any of it- nearly as good as hybrids..

yocs

ah gotcha, usually og is something else around here. Sorry not big on text slang. Anyways, this thread has pretty much died wich is fine with me, never would have asked such a question if i knew how angry alot of people are here. Not interested in putting in dues or selling seeds, just love growing my own weed.

Tom Hill

Veteran
i was never angry at you man i applaud you for asking it,, i am angry at the general fucking ok-ness of the other fucking scumbuckets for answering you the way they did and they need to be shut down..

learn some respect learn even what the fuck you are doing b4 you go thinking u have a right to start talking about when its ok to start ripping some motherfucker off.

or,, u will be banished from the kingdom be it the line up or breeding cannabis, i have seen folk invest heavily and get laughed out of the whole ball of wax inside of a day for not obeying these unwritten rules we all have, this is the way it is,, learn it know it live it..

....and you better have some serious fucking juice before you go paddling into the line-up at pipe so to speak eg asking dj is it ok if you take from his table lol..

so i hope u are ok with wax-on wax-off because you have a hell of lot of sanding and painting to do danielson.

yocs

ok cool, I appreciate you taking the time to come on here and share your knowledge. That's one of the reasons I like this site. Real "ogs" lol like you being here.

Tom Hill

Veteran
PS,,, do not under-estimate the line you hold because of my thoughts on that for the other side of it is that this is one of the more valuable lines ever proffered.. from blue cheese to blue dream and i can go on and on,, it dominates the top epsilon quite often and i hope i am not speaking out of turn but i could never imagine dj being bummed if you breed with it in a hybrid way,, but yeah forget about owing any allegiance to some dutch co that let him crash on their couch for a spell the line is dj's if any is and it is in our minds and that is what matters in the end lest you have something better than the thinking these other thieves have offered so far..

mtntrogger

Veteran
PS,,, do not under-estimate the line you hold because of my thoughts on that for the other side of it is that this is one of the more valuable lines ever proffered.. from blue cheese to blue dream and i can go on and on,, it dominates the top epsilon quite often and i hope i am not speaking out of turn but i could never imagine dj being bummed if you breed with it in a hybrid way,, but yeah forget about owing any allegiance to some dutch co that let him crash on their couch for a spell the line is dj's if any is and it is in our minds and that is what matters in the end lest you have something better than the thinking these other thieves have offered so far..

just sent chills up my spine, excellent mr. hill.

S

sonofsour

Well in the near future what applies to the horticulture industry will apply to Cannabis,
In Horticulture you have 2 types of plant protect, TradeMark or Patent, sometimes you can have a plant that is TM but not patented, TM is more or less the Name of the plant, so if you have a TM on a plant but not a patent then someone can grow that same plant they just have to use a different TM, on the other hand if you have a Patent then know one can grow that plant(with out permission).

You cannot just grab a plant from the wild that is rare(say a mutation in the wild) and patent it, you need to develop the plant in a nursery then you need to apply for the patent, takes a lot of time and money and you are not promised to get it.

Roses for example need to be sent to France to be inspected and a whole bunch of BS paper work and fees in order to obtain the right to name a rose and own the patent on it.
You have to prove how you developed the product from start to finish and you have to be able to reproduce the process.

Cannabis seeing as it has been the in the black for so long you need to pay homage to the guys who laid it down before you, but the bottom line is if you took a strain and breed it out and do your work and spend the time to improve it or completely change it, then you can call it your own to a degree.

Hopefully in the near future people can License their strains so they can sell cuts and get the recognition they deserve.
I do know of a guy in Canada and a strain that was granted rights "Big C" never tried it yet, not sure if he has brought any of this bud to market through an LP.

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/plaveg/pbrpov/cropreport/mari/app00009453e.shtml

Hopefully my info has helped someone. Peace.

Croissant

I would like to see some kind of protection for People like DJshort who have created some awesome line so they could share it with the world without fear of the kinda BS that happened to Djshort. I can only imagine how many amazing heirloom varieties are being lost because people fear being ripped off.

Charles-scott

Veteran
In Canada the first step to claiming a plant is your unique creation is to file for "plant breeders rights" this is the first step to obtaining a patent
cannabis does apply they will ask what is unique about your cultivar it has to be pretty unique and hold very specific traits that make it unique from other cultivars .
They will ask you how and where you bred it what plants or cultivars contributed to its creation .
Its a long list of questions , I am not going to get too detailed but one of our applications involves a line that imparts a specific quality on every plant we have crossed it to either male to female or Female to female .
Its a obvious alteration to the cultivar it imparts the change on anything from rudderallis to haze .
That is a example of a plant that could qualify for breeders rights ,
Charles

CoCoSativas

In Canada the first step to claiming a plant is your unique creation is to file for "plant breeders rights" this is the first step to obtaining a patent
cannabis does apply they will ask what is unique about your cultivar it has to be pretty unique and hold very specific traits that make it unique from other cultivars .
They will ask you how and where you bred it what plants or cultivars contributed to its creation .
Its a long list of questions , I am not going to get too detailed but one of our applications involves a line that imparts a specific quality on every plant we have crossed it to either male to female or Female to female .
Its a obvious alteration to the cultivar it imparts the change on anything from rudderallis to haze .
That is a example of a plant that could qualify for breeders rights ,
Charles

Thanks reef. That's very educational.

Also very interested in the line you mentioned I'll have to ask you about that later

waveguide

Veteran
down on the corner they were all abuzz about timmy

"you heard the word on timmy, that dawg's baaaad he got his own strain"

"daaaaamn"

no longer was timmy a nobody that could be pushed around. there was new respect for the man, with a strain! a hush fell, like the voice of god before he actually says anything. you can't fool around with that shit, it's tight. like paramecium sphincter.

i me mine, i me mine, i me mine < all the time

all respecting my authoritah and shit

fuck shit

Coba

Veteran
Well in the near future what applies to the horticulture industry will apply to Cannabis,
In Horticulture you have 2 types of plant protect, TradeMark or Patent, sometimes you can have a plant that is TM but not patented, TM is more or less the Name of the plant, so if you have a TM on a plant but not a patent then someone can grow that same plant they just have to use a different TM, on the other hand if you have a Patent then know one can grow that plant(with out permission).

You cannot just grab a plant from the wild that is rare(say a mutation in the wild) and patent it, you need to develop the plant in a nursery then you need to apply for the patent, takes a lot of time and money and you are not promised to get it.

Roses for example need to be sent to France to be inspected and a whole bunch of BS paper work and fees in order to obtain the right to name a rose and own the patent on it.
You have to prove how you developed the product from start to finish and you have to be able to reproduce the process.

Cannabis seeing as it has been the in the black for so long you need to pay homage to the guys who laid it down before you, but the bottom line is if you took a strain and breed it out and do your work and spend the time to improve it or completely change it, then you can call it your own to a degree.

Hopefully in the near future people can License their strains so they can sell cuts and get the recognition they deserve.
I do know of a guy in Canada and a strain that was granted rights "Big C" never tried it yet, not sure if he has brought any of this bud to market through an LP.

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/plaveg/pbrpov/cropreport/mari/app00009453e.shtml

Hopefully my info has helped someone. Peace.

Also, like reeferman just pointed out, there are plant Breeder's rights. Which is kind of like intellectual property rights.

A breeder cannot Trade Mark a cultivar name. They could however, TM their own breeder name or breeding program, project or organization. Like RM could TM the name "ReeferMan" but not the name "Love Potion #9". GHS can TM the name "Strain Hunter's" but not the name "Super Lemon Haze". "The purpose of a trademark is to identify source of the material. "
http://www.planthaven.com/pdfs/PatentFAQ.pdf
http://www.uspto.gov/trademark

" You cannot just grab a plant from the wild that is rare(say a mutation in the wild) and patent it"
true, however,
"Several patent attorneys, however, have interpreted the law to allow a naturally occurring variant to be propagated and grown in cultivation, where it would then be selected for patent protection; a minor loophole exploited by some."
http://www2.ca.uky.edu/HLA/Dunwell/PCPLTPAT.html

One more thing, in America we have the All-American Rose Selection trials and the American Rose Society. There is no need to send anything to France.
http://weeksroses.com/_Research/index.html

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran

and that is the whole problem ime and imo.

specially how to reproduce the process... what guarantees that the variety you ended up with can be arrived at from the original population again? that is, how much control do we have over the mutations that had to occur in order to arrive at X or Y variety?

how many of you have that level of control in your breeding? I sure as hell don't.

peace

waveguide

Veteran
i'll try not to make a point of criticising your actions,

but please understand, it is this kind of ownership thinking

that has brought society to being an asinine shitball of fucking garbage

that shits on people lives

that shits on life, because it treats life as ownable shit, instead of living, breathing confluence

please, take a moment to reconsider your modality

before proceeding on a plan of ownership.

MMMKAY?

signed, your karma