What's new

How is the Female Seeds C99?

komrade komura

I ran c99 from Female Seeds about 6 months ago. Germed 100%. No Hermies. Responded well to cropping in Veg and early flowering.

Strong smoke. Had to let it go to 57 days...earlier just made me paranoid as fuck....looking out the windows and shit. Two hit shit.

Great pineapple taste. Can't smoke it after 9PM as it causes me to have insomnia.

Overall good stuff. If I need a lot of good weed quickly...this is the way I'll go.

TwoOne6Strong

I grew it last year smelled like pineapples and mangoes dimmed it had 6 colas�� let it go 9 weeks frosty also smell stayed after cure big stretch during flowering

H

Hashash

i had this one from Female Seeds once in 2012 it was the last pack of an older batch a great strain
most productive very strong long lasting buzz, cloned well and grew without any big issues.

so far the best strain i had in the last years.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Chatting with a big time Cinderella fan here about C99 and the Mr Soul/BG 420 release, he said he has tried every C99 on the market and his favourite is the new Female Seeds Sex Bud "A good potent quick flowering C99 but with 3x the pineapple taste"

RedBeardy5

I really loved female seeds c-99. The nugs were chunky and had a slight grapefruit smell. The high was good as well, my mind did not race but still felt energized.

Female Seeds

Veteran
Hey guys, I'm just wondering if anyone could tell me what these are like. They'd be perfect for my micro stealth situation, however I'm wondering what the genetics are like.

I'm 90% sure I read on their website that 10 different parents were used in the making of the seeds. I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject, but I'm pretty sure that's gonna lead to a heck of a lot of variation! However, the piece of text that said this has since disappeared, so I may will be wrong/imagining it.

Can anyone comment as to the legitimacy of these C99 seeds?

Thanks!

Hello! Here we are to help you out!
Our C99 is really stable talking about phenotypes. We got feedback concerning phenotypes as Grapefruit and Pineapple, these are the main features. It comes from the Grapefruit family and it is one of the most stable strain ever (it took more than 6 years to make it stable!).
About the "heck of a lot of variation" I cannot tell you anything about this at the moment, I need a few days to get more info from our breeder!
Can you tell me more about the text you found out on the C99?

sadpanda

im very disappointed to hear that :( C99 was all about the pineapple for me, never found anything impressive from any grapefruit phenos and i also grew FMS Grapefruit but wasnt too keen on that. I bought a 4-pack recently of FMS C99 too not realising there was no chance of pineapple, sadly going straight to the end of the pile now. btw what do you mean you don't have the pineapple C99 "yet"? its nearly 2017! and it makes no sense to me why you would promote the grapefruit over the pineapple

D

Dr.Suess

We don't have Pineapple yet :) but we do have Grapefruit, Iced Grapefruit, C99 and Sexbud and Outdoor Grapefruit.
We are pretty into the Grapefruit family!

Are you saying that your C99 is not pineapple? I've grown it in the past and had pineapple types from every seed but this is going back a few years.

Have you guys changed your C99, is this what you're saying?

Thanks for the reply

LostTribe

Premium user
Are you saying that your C99 is not pineapple? I've grown it in the past and had pineapple types from every seed but this is going back a few years.

Thanks for the reply

Hard to say honestly dude is not a breeder and has limited english skills. The C99 is supposed to be both grapefruit and pineapple phenotypes atleast from what I recall. Ferry breed them and he also did Gno3 and I found mostly pineapple and fruit punchy plants within that stock.....

Yes I was correct this is from FMS site:
"The C’99 is the holy grail of the cannabis strains, as she resembles the high and taste of an exceptionally sweet landrace sativa. This one takes normally half a year to flower, but the C99 flowers in 7 - 8 weeks. On top of that the buds are quite sugared.
This new batch is a cross of two exceptional basic phenotypes, the Grapefruit and the Pineapple. Both derived from the original Brothers Grimm C99. It is ready to flower in 4 weeks from seed, which is much faster than the original C99 (6 - 8 weeks).
One not to miss!

It grows well outdoor, especially in temperate or warmer climates. We even got a little harvest in March from seeds sown in December by the kitchen window!

Height: 80 - 100 cm
Flowering time: 56 days
Seed to Harvest: 75 day
Harvest: High
Taste / Smell: Extremely fruity, like a pineapple / grapefruit
Effect: Feeling warm, happy, very high and creative but with still enough energy to do something"

folks have also reported sexbud to be mostly pineapple.

I have a 10 pack of their C99 that just arrived and have planted 3 in soil which I will run up against a few of the new Bros Grimm Cinderella 99 for comparison.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I saw three different phenotypes out of a pack, a denser 60 day finisher, a tall and lanky long flowering haze phenotype and an intermediate type. Didn't care too much for any of them, a cold high. I might be mistaken but there was a pineapple phenotype in there.

Female Seeds

Veteran

Thanks for the reply

Hey! Just saying that we do not have Pineapple as a strain but as soon as growing you can realise that it is just a phenotype of our C99 and SexBud too. As lost Tribe just wrote, you can easily get both grapefruit and pineapple phenotypes, those 2 phenos are still there! In general always fruity and smelly...it is the trademark of the C99, pretty recognisable :) .

Female Seeds

Veteran
I saw three different phenotypes out of a pack, a denser 60 day finisher, a tall and lanky long flowering haze phenotype and an intermediate type. Didn't care too much for any of them, a cold high. I might be mistaken but there was a pineapple phenotype in there.

Do you have any picture we could see? We are pretty curious now ;)

D

Dr.Suess

Hey! Just saying that we do not have Pineapple as a strain but as soon as growing you can realise that it is just a phenotype of our C99 and SexBud too. As lost Tribe just wrote, you can easily get both grapefruit and pineapple phenotypes, those 2 phenos are still there! In general always fruity and smelly...it is the trademark of the C99, pretty recognisable :) .

Thanks for clearing that up. Good to hear the C99 hasn't changed in your hands. My regards to Ferry whatever he maybe doing these day.

Cheers