What's new

How is the Female Seeds C99?

señorsloth

Veteran
well i just placed my order, i suuuuuure would like to hear some more from people who have grown it!

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If the Female Seeds version is like the original, you'll definitely be happy with your purchase. C99 is the best I've ever had, and I can say that about the originals and the F2's from Joey Weed and Gypsy Nirvana.

I just finished harvesting 9 females from 2 packs of the GN F2's. There is a little more variation compared to the originals, but I can say they're worth every penny. $150 a pack is nothing compared to what you get at harvest time. Back when I was buying weed, $150 wouldn't get me half an ounce. I bought lots of buds back then, but nothing I ever bought compares with this strain. $150 is the same price as the originals from Brothers Grimm 10 years ago, and it was worth every penny back then too.

I grew out 2 packs just to be sure I'd find something as good as the originals. I love having so many to choose from, but I didn't really need 2 packs. I've tested 4 of the 9 females so far. Rating them just on high and potency, the first one I tried was a 10/10. Next one was an 8, then a 9, and tonight I just found another 10. It has been so long since I've gotten this high from one hit. I was planning on keeping the best female from this grow, but now I've already found 2 that I can't imagine ever losing.

señorsloth

Veteran
that's good to hear! i have always wanted to try this strain, and have been waiting a looong time to order these seeds! i've been growing since back in the og days, and it was a legend back then, and even more of a legend now.

don't get me wrong, i don't begrudge a company like brothers grim for charging 150 a pack, they did some AMAZING breeding to make that strain, i'm sure it took a long long time, work, and a lot of top of the line genetics to breed that strain. they ended up with the holy grail of sativa's IMO acid like, trippy high, and done in less than 70 days? that's awesome work and the strain is so amazing and unique it was worth the money.

what annoys me is spending almost 200 dollars on a "strain" only to get 6 females and 6 completely different pheno's, most of which were extremely potent but bland in flavor and smell, none of them could touch the original. there was no sense of stabilization in the strain at all, leading me to believe(as MANY others do) that the breeder puts a lot less work into stabilizing his strains than he claims too, and is basically just trying to make as much money as possible with as little work involved. it really doesn't help that said breeder has been caught and banned for scamming people on seed auctions, bidding on his own stock to raise the price and over hyping his products, then deleting any threads complaining about the quality of his stock, that or heckling the grower, claiming it was his poor skills that caused the issues and not his breeding skills.

there is nothing wrong with breeders putting lots of work into truly unique creations and charging a premium for it, but the quality of the strain should reflect the price and the breeder should act in a professional manner if he plans to charge so much! female seeds, and most of the lower priced strain companies are starting to appeal to me more than they did before, i don't sell my weed, and i'm not rich by a long shot, plus i like to try new strains so i may end up trying a few new strains each run just to get a really good idea of what i like in a plant.

anyways, i digress...how long did it take to flower for you? the breeder was saying 8 weeks i believe, but i would never pick any strain that early...

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The first keeper of this harvest was done at 49 days of 12/12. 100% brown pistols, trichomes maybe 20% amber and the rest cloudy. I had to start 12/12 a few weeks early when my ballast died, since the plants were in the dark for 48 hours before the replacement light was up and running. This one was still done at 49 days, and it should finish even faster in the next run from clones. After that short of a flowering time, it's still a 10 out of 10 in potency and quality.

The flavor isn't fully developed yet since it's not fully cured, but it's improving every day. I never had a vaporizer in my previous C99 grows, so it's fun to taste the differences between vapor and smoke from my old pipe. The yield on this one looks like it will be decent, not outstanding but very good especially with the 7 week finish time. It's not the biggest yielder I've grown, but it's absolutely the best or equal to the best I've grown or smoked.

The other keeper I've found so far went 8 weeks along with most of the group. A couple did go 9 weeks, including a fat pineapple pheno that looks like the biggest yielder. I haven't tried that one yet since it's still wet.

I know what you mean about the original breeder deserving the credit and the money for developing a great new strain. From a consumer's point of view, I just think this batch of seeds is worth as much as the originals. I'm not rich, but I don't mind paying this kind of price for this kind of quality. I'd probably be a little upset spending that much if they turned out to be just average.

I don't have anything bad to say about cheaper seeds, obviously. I don't remember the price on the old K2 seeds from Nirvana, but it wasn't much. Those turned out to be some of the strongest and biggest yielding indicas I've grown. I had a similar experience this year with White Rhino. Sometimes you can find high quality at a low price.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is from one of the keeper plants. It's hard to tell scale, but it's about 3 inches long. You'll have to forgive the lazy manicuring job; I've had a lot of work to do this harvest with 9 C99 and 6 Swiss Cheese.

picture.php

señorsloth

Veteran
I don't have anything bad to say about cheaper seeds, obviously. I don't remember the price on the old K2 seeds from Nirvana, but it wasn't much. Those turned out to be some of the strongest and biggest yielding indicas I've grown. I had a similar experience this year with White Rhino. Sometimes you can find high quality at a low price.

hah! those were my first 2 strains as well! it was back in the OG days but you are right, they were top notch, i grew the k2 outdoors and even though i had to harvest early because of frost i still got a big yield, woodchucks got through my fence and ate them down to the base 3 times and every time they grew back, finishing the season about 6 feet tall and 4 feet wide! if it weren't for the woodchucks they would have been the biggest plants ive ever grown by far!

I am soooo happy to hear about your short flowering times! all my strains have been going 84 days and it's driving me nuts waiting an extra month for strains that yeild below average and have just a slightly above average high compared to shorter flowering strains. at first i thought it was worth it for the quality till i met a few other growers and tasted a few more confirmed strains, realized that i'm sacrificing at least a whole harvest per year sticking with these strains. personally i feel that a 12 week strain aught to at least have a really big yield or a unique rushing sativa high to justify flowering for a whole extra month.

i tried some original c99 about 5-6 years ago, i accidentally smoked way to much and ended up laying on my bed in the dark, hyperventilating, and seeing crazy geometric patterns and lines with my eyes closed, i'll never forget it, one of my defining moments in marijuana smoking! to think that i could possibly find that again, in a strain that finishes in 49 days? seriously i cannot describe how excited i am to start up mothers! i am hoping to get them in about 2 weeks as i just ordered them yesterday, and i'll be putting so much energy into them, ive been dreaming about having it in my stable since i first saw it grown on overgrow nearly 8-10 years ago, back then i was a lot younger and couldn't afford anything but nirvana, but after a 5 year hiatus in growing i've been back for a year, trying out some of the legends, if c99 lives up to the hype i will be one very very happy boy!

Gert Lush

Veteran
I had an fs C99 clone, which was gifted to me. Absolutely brilliant, very positive and motivational. Lost it to mosaic, but not before I made some seeds.
Done a run with them, and I have a new C99 mum for now! Very, very happy weed.

You should remember, though, you only get to the best through selection - and there are a few duds on the way. Small price to pay...

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
C99 was actually my first "real" strain. I had fun growing some bag seeds in 2000, but the actual buds turned out to be weak. I did some reading on overgrow, bought the original C99, and was completely blown away by how good they turned out to be. I had never smoked anything like that before. I had never even seen more than an ounce of weed in person before, and then I had 5 ounces of by far the best buds I had ever had. I felt like I had won the lottery, almost. I've had some long flowering sativas since then that have a comparable buzz, but I still haven't had anything better than C99.

The 49 day thing might be slightly rare, I'm not sure. In my Brothers Grimm grow, I had one female that finished in 7 weeks and 3 that finished in 8. This time I also got one that finished in 7. The rest mostly took 8 with a couple that went 9 weeks. Still, 7 or 8 weeks is a lot faster than anything else I've tried with this sativa high and outstanding potency.

I know what you mean about the geometric patterns. That happened to me last night, only it wasn't "too much" since i knew what to expect. I smoked half of a small bowl, 4 hits total over 4 hours, and I was seeing lots of colors by the time I went to bed. Fun times. Some people get paranoid being that high, but I've never felt that way with C99 if I'm home or at a friends house. I did have a little too much at a concert once. It felt like everyone there was looking at me, and they all knew somehow that I was high.

señorsloth

Veteran
Lost it to mosaic, but not before I made some seeds.
i currently have this on my chemdog ibls, happened when i revegged them so i didn't think it was a problem, i mean they say chem d has this virus, and that it transfers to seeds, the only way to get rid of it is tissue cultures...if chem d did have the virus then i guess i would expect it to show up in the ibl based on it... it was only a few leaves last grow, but this round all the sudden several tops seem to be completely mosaic...i guess it's a good thing i already decided to get rid of the strain and flower out my mothers because after this i can disinfect my entire cab and hopefully just be done with that mess. it hasn't skipped over to my reserva privada og kush, despite being grown, revegged, cloned right along side each other their entire lives, nor has it jumped to any of my seed plants either so hopefully it will be alright...did it hurt your yeilds much? ive been just sort of pinching off any leaves that show that sort of half shrunk side with the blistery skin, though like i said this round i have a few tops that are completely mosaic

*edit* to be honest i hadn't really heard about mosaic virus before you mentioned it, i mean i heard a few people mention it as a way to verify if a chemdog d cut was real, though i didn't pay much attention to it at all, i figured it was just a symptom of reveg or something weird like that. when you mentioned it something just clicked, i found the sticky on it, and yep i got it fer sure on all of my chemdog ibl's, possibly even one of the ak47/chemdog seed plants i made from them as well, i decided to let it stay in the garden, thinking it was just some sort of crinkle pheno. ive been reading up on the virus since you mentioned it and i'm soaking oyster shells in a gallon of water right now, because calmag is said to make the virus not show itself as much. as soon as this run is done i'm getting all new soil and taking down all my panda cloth, disinfecting the whole setup.

one thing i did notice was that in the mosaic thread, c99 made the list almost as much as chemdog d, and you mention your c99 had it as well...do you think it's something inherently in the entire strains dna now? or just jumped over to home growers c99's from other strains? i wouldn't think a breeder would want to breed with stock that had this issue, so i'm hoping not, id hate to go through all that work just to have to get rid of my new strains and disinfect/resurface my cab AGAIN! lol

afternoon

here's a pic of one of my 3 female seeds c99 in flower under 600w hps about day 10 or so,can't really remember........they be ready when they be ready....

they in 8litre plastic sacks in mixture canna pro soil and canna coco,fed using lucas made from GH micro an bloom..

never grown them before...heard plenty about them though..had them at end of september and put 'em under 13.8w led panel an a few low watt cfl's in 9cm plastic pots ..repotted into 8litre sacks few weeks ago....think they went to flower dec 1st.

they all maturing nicely at the mo an they about 14inches or 36 cm tall.....I bend 'em over in veg an hold 'em with a 'c' clip of wire..helps 'em develop their secondary growth...held on for a month then let go just to see what happens....

Attachments

• c99.jpg
    c99.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 22
H

Hoover_lungz

I grew sum female seeds c99 and i have to say all plants looked like clones from the same mother and they also had a crazy pineapple citrusy punch to them:)

Loved the smoke and would grow the again anyday:)

Gert Lush

Veteran
{Mosaic Virus...] you mention your c99 had it as well...do you think it's something inherently in the entire strains dna now?
No, I don't think it was inherent in C99 or in any particular strain.
I was just unlucky, and had three of my mothers infected (all different ones). Happily, I'd made the seeds before the infection, and I had no subsequent problems.

señorsloth

Veteran
well it doesn't come from nowhere, you must have brought it in with one of your strains, right? i figure if the breeder were careless enough to breed with a plant that had it(even if it was dormant) then the entire strain would be infected to some degree. since mine came from my chem ibl's and none of my other plants got it i'm guessing the breeder used a chemd clone with it. some people say all chem d clones have the mosaic but i don't think it's true, just maybe a large portion of them, if you go up the clone chain high enough you will probably start to find ones that never had it...i suppose the only way to know for sure would be to get ahold of the real chemdog and ask him if his moms have it...

Eol

Cheers guys, thanks for all the replies! Based on what's been said here I'm gonna go ahead and grab a pack =)

Having grown the original Bros grimm c99 (still have a few of them around!)land grwoing FS c99 I state with confidence that they are the real deal...superb representation of the originals in every aspect, the awesome taste , smell..and trippy ass potency...stable no hint of a herm and good yield as well..T be honest I actually prefer the FS to the originals as much less pheno variations

ChroNicoN

I'm 90% sure I read on their website that 10 different parents were used in the making of the seeds. I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject, but I'm pretty sure that's gonna lead to a heck of a lot of variation! However, the piece of text that said this has since disappeared, so I may will be wrong/imagining it.

this is their c99 hybrid, they have both the hybrid and the norm c99 ... the hybrid is about 3/4 c99, 1/4 marrocan and 1/4 nevilles haze and as stated the seeds come from 10 different mums ..... i have 4 in early veg

ChroNicoN

their other c99 is the grapefruit pheno x pineapple pheno .... pity they didnt seperate the two phenos and sell separately rather then cross them .... i would had chosen this over the hybrid but the hybrid beans were really cheap and was low on the moolah

roach

Veteran
well it doesn't come from nowhere, you must have brought it in with one of your strains, right? i figure if the breeder were careless enough to breed with a plant that had it(even if it was dormant) then the entire strain would be infected to some degree. since mine came from my chem ibl's and none of my other plants got it i'm guessing the breeder used a chemd clone with it. some people say all chem d clones have the mosaic but i don't think it's true, just maybe a large portion of them, if you go up the clone chain high enough you will probably start to find ones that never had it...i suppose the only way to know for sure would be to get ahold of the real chemdog and ask him if his moms have it...

Im not sure how it works with cannabis, but for other plant species virus is not transmittet to the seeds, so if you use a virus infected mother the seedplants will be healthy, but I dont see why cannabis should be different, but all it takes is a single aphid to infect your plants, or a nematode nibling on a root, or a non disinfected scissor or knife

Gert Lush

Veteran
Im not sure how it works with cannabis, but for other plant species virus is not transmittet to the seeds, so if you use a virus infected mother the seedplants will be healthy, but I dont see why cannabis should be different, but all it takes is a single aphid to infect your plants, or a nematode nibling on a root, or a non disinfected scissor or knife

Quite!
I believe mine got it when I left them out of the growroom and in the greenhouse for a couple of days.
My understanding is also that viruses are not "inheritted" by seed plants, just as you pointed out.
Ho hum, the glorious world of cannabis growers. Full of more old wives' tales than a retirement home for old wives...

Latest posts

Latest posts