What's new

How I pheno hunt

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I gotta apologize to the followers of this thread. I told myself I was gonna slow down with the bean popping this year, but I am really excited about this frosty male I just found.

I have been on the sour hunt for a long time and to actually have a male with that classic sour smell that produces trichomes is enough for me to make some beans and do some homemade chemmy pack hunts.

First up is the soul food.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Chem91skva x wookie update

Chem91skva x wookie update

Copied from the tester thread.

#1 Male
Very tall

#2- Female
First to show sex.
The tallest of the bunch.
Skinny fingers
Pale green
Hint of B.O. in veg citrus sour in flowering
Huge massive budsites
Stretching laterals with multiple sites going up the stem
Bud sites extend out from the nodes on branches
Heavy feeder
picture.php

#3 Female
Short stature
Fat fingers
Shiny green
Stretches up
picture.php

#4 Female
Variegation went away
Short stature
Fat fingers
Pale green
Soury smell
Orange scented marker
Hardly any stretch
Close nodes
picture.php

#5 Male
Short stature
Fat fingers
Thick leaves
Shiny green
Heavy BO/vomit in veg sour d in flower
Trichomes on male flowers
Tight clusters
picture.php

#6 Male
First to preflower

#7 Male
Last to show

#8 Male
Short stature
Stretches up with few sites on stem
Dark green
Shiny
Faint citrus sour
Looser clusters

#9 Female
Lagger
Short stature
Fat fingers
Shiny green
Not sure yet about smell
More than 2x stretch
Laterals stretch up without many sites on the stem.
Small bud sites
picture.php

Last edited:

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Sorry for the lapse in updates been working on making seeds and now its time to hunt them.

I ended up keeping the #3 and using the #5 pollen on a few things.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

GG4 x n91, shishkadiesel x n91, chem 4 x n91 all just went in for sexing. Ill do a break down once things pick up a bit.

The plan is to see which cross is the best pairing and go back to pop more. I should be able to see what the male does to his children and figure out which pairing makes the most sense in my mind.

Diesel x n91

picture.php

GG4 x n91
picture.php

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I forgot to tell yall I found a few seeds in a half of Green crack. Smelling pretty strong and fruity in veg so far.

picture.php

Thowing them in bloom very soon. Just gotta make some room in the cloner first.

picture.php

Soaking 10 more of the chem 4 x n91 since the first one is basically everything I am looking for in structure. If that structure happens to be constant, I ll just keep looking through those.

picture.php

:thank you::tiphat:

sadpanda

cool thread! :) you might want to consider adding Thin Layer Chromatography to your pheno-hunting toolkit :) only costs about ~$300 to get started and is easy to do from home. Its the same thing the commercial kits sell, and they even sell it as a quantitative test ("find out how much THC% your sample is"), but in reality theyre not precise enough + too many variables to get a precise quantitative reading at home, afterall its just TLC not HP, but what it IS amazingly good for is qualitative -- revealing 1) the cannabinoids, and 2) the exact ratio ... while you can't accurately determine THC% or CBD% you can fairly accurately determine the THC:CBD ratio as all the cannabinoids in the same lane can be accurately compared with each other.

I personally had to learn how to use TLC because it was the only way (well there is also Beam's test but thats far more limited in scope - it only gives you a "yes/no theres CBD" answer) the only way to get an accurate picture as to whether or not my friend's (going through cancer) plants have the CBD she's chasing, as well as the ratio to THC, so TLC has basically been like a godsend for us in that sense.

For example in this TLC run i have 5 different samples - each a different strain purchased off the darkweb. You can see that the middle three (lanes #2 - #4) are fairly similar, relatively 'stock standard' recreational strains, but it also revealed that sample #1 has high levels of THCV (purple), and sample #5 has high levels of CBG (yellow-orange).

tlc-eluent7737.jpg

5 different recreational strains, run in two different TLC eluents.
All five lanes naturally show high levels of THC (big red dot).
Lane #1 is also high in THCV and CBC (red-purple-wine).
All lanes exhibit CBG (yellow-orange) but lane #5 is especially high, something like ~5:1 THC:CBG.
None exhibit any CBD (which would be an orange dot above the red THC dot).

Last edited:

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Shishka d x neroli 91 males.
picture.php

I dont really like the tall one. The 2 shorter ones have the tightest clusters I have seen on a male yet.

Sour
picture.php
picture.php

Lemon candy
picture.php
picture.php

Phases

Nice - how old is that plant in the last picture? It's got mad tricromes already! Look at like she's going to be super frosty.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Nice - how old is that plant in the last picture? It's got mad tricromes already! Look at like she's going to be super frosty.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Should be about 30-35 days in. I gotta check to be sure tho. Thanks man.

Getting lots of really sweet smelling candy plants from the n91's male.

Latest posts

Latest posts