What's new

How do ->YOU<- "Hand Water"?

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
I get what your saying man. Hey if want. How bout one of them pump sprayer. Like a 1-4 gallon whatever u need.they got long hoses for easy reach u could adjust the knozzle and do that. Honestly I get all excited when I have to water my ladies. It def is a like my little sanctuary for that time. I'm sure your just trying to make things easier n quicker ,but sometimes and somethings may call for that extra time and love which i'm sure you can agree with. Anyway. My cents

S

Sir_Nugget

I use a 2 gallon bucket (for mixing) and a pyrex measuring cup.. a 1 gallon nursery pot gets about 2 full cups per watering.. water bout every 2-4 days

I decided to measure my run-off today by leaving them in their saucers and using a turkey baster to siphon it out. I got .75 of a gallon of run-off after watering with 2.5 gallons. I flood them until i see the first drop out of the bottom. My girls look perfect but its a pain in the ass doing it that way.

prophecy

Do you guys clean the rez and tubing everytime you use it?

I usually don't run-off because its really a lot more work. I have a lot of cords because I LST them so move each pots would take forever.

You guys have some tips to run-off and don't move the plants?

vorzh

I brew in 5gal homedepot buckets and use a hand syphon i got at a local pet store for $20 to manually pump it. Kind of a middle ground between 'hand' and 'wand' watering :p but it works.

prophecy

Do you guys clean the rez and tubing everytime you use it?

I usually don't run-off because its really a lot more work. I have a lot of cords because I LST them so move each pots would take forever.

You guys have some tips to run-off and don't move the plants?

real ting

I like some of the methods discussed in this thread. I need to upgrade my setup, but would like to continue hand watering.

Right now I go through 4-6 gallons per day during flowering. I have been using 1 gallon watering jugs, so every day I fill up 5 or 6 of them, let them sit overnight to let chlorine evaporate, then mix with nutes and water. The pain in the ass part of it is refilling and rinsing out 6 different containers every day, then mixing 6 containers right afterwards. I enjoy the actual watering part of it.

I was looking at some sort of reservoir that I fill up with 5 gallon jugs or buckets, and maybe a gravity fed wand or small pump. Although at that point it wouldn't be much more effort to install blumats. So we will see, that could be a good method as well.

What sort of containers is everyone using to mix and pour their nutes? 1 gallon water jugs are garbage, they keep leaking, so I constantly have to replace them. Thought maybe military water cans or some sort of survival water storage cans would work well. Any ideas?

Latest posts

Latest posts