What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How Do You Get Rid Of "Things"?

G

I do the same as CCE anything left gets spread out on my lawn and mowed. If I have a lot of leaf I will give it to a friend who cooks for local clubs.

Just remember that once you put somethiong in the trash and the can goes out to the curb to be picked up it is no longer your property it is the property of the garbage company. I personnally don't think putting anything in the garbage is very safe, all it takes is one time for someone to find out and the your safety is at jeapordy.

Be safe
GCG

G

I throw my trash stems, nute bottles etc in my burn barrel and burn it with the rest of my trash. everything else gets smoked, sifted or BHO'ed

N

Neptune

1) plastics, medium, and equipment: dumpsters far away.
2) organic materials: scattered in the backyard (very wooded/forested)

slyfoxberg

i qwiso most of it and then toss the remnants into the wood burning stove. on the flip side of that, the other day i went into the spot i trimmed and dried last year and found the main stalks from all of my plants laid out in a nice pile. oh well. i'll get rid of them eventually.

dirtbag

The only thing that goes into my garbage is the used soil and that is put into multiple bags then some crumpled up newspapers or genaric type garbage to add as filler to the bag , tie up the bag tight and pitch it.
As for stems and leaves those all get cooked up for butter and the leftovers get flushed down the toilet a bit at a time so as not to clog.
Roots get shaken out till most all the soil and perlite fall out then I cut the roots over a toilet and flush them. A pair of good heavy sharp sissors will cut up the thicker part of the stem/roots with no problem.
Everything is flushed except the soil. That's the safest way to get rid of things as far as I'm concerned.
If anyone did go through my garbage all they'd find is loose soil with no root ball in it.
I've tried using the soil outside in the garden but I tend to use lots of perlite in my soil and that would be to noticeable.
I always watch the garbage go into the truck as well just to be sure it gets mixed and crushed with everyone elses.
Sometimes it just seems stupid that we have to go through all of this just to enjoy our hobby, but better to make the effort and have piece of mind than sitting behind bars I guess.

indelible

A lot of good suggestions here just need to add one thing...if you're going to throw it out somewhere don't be stupid and put it with the rest of your trash...all it takes is a few leaves mixed in with your junk mail for the cops to get the picture.

hbstoner

dumpsters in public are not a great idea when you think about it. dumping is illegal for most dumpers behind stores etc except for the stores. So if you dont work for the store and a cop happened to be in that parking lot and see you, they could come question you and check out what you were throwing away. apartment complex's sound like a better idea. just my 2 cents.

G

bring it into the woods and dump it into the river...only organic refuse

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cough_cough_eer said:
I destroy alot of evidence with the lawn mower .
Yep. A mulching mower makes the leaves, stalks and roots disappear.
Hauling this stuff around is a great way to get your home searched if you get caught. Any trash like a magazine address label or something else to connect the stuff to you will get your home searched. LEO sometimes looks through trash that has been ditched so they can bust them for littering. Think of how great they would feel if they found evidence of a grow operation.
Burn1

I have a thousand lil holes everywhere in my backyard.. everything goes in thr ground. Well everything degradable that is. Everything else get's put aside until I can hand it to the guy on the garbage truck myself, even then it's shredded to it's smallest possible size before going out.

-Noid

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
all leaf and stem material gets burried in back yard, old soil is throwen along side wall where flower box will be built

mrgrowmez

i put all plant matter into a blender with some water and hit the switch, then it just goes into the wet garbage....nuthing left but an indiscriminate green slush, other stuff is taken care of with some late night dumpster drops......