What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How Do You Get Rid Of "Things"?

G

Thanks man ... I don't have to worry about that round here my cat gets the birds and the mice. hehe

Mo,

G

I got 2 dogs that won't catch anything.....'cept some zzzzzzzzzzzs....lol

JohnBudd

Tide Detergent

Tide Detergent

I save all my old scented Tide bottles from doing laundry. I cut up all my stems and refuse and place them in the empty laundry bottles, and then recap them. They are then placed in with normal garbage and taken away.
I have been doing this for over 10 years with no problems. Masking smell is major.
If the man is taking the time to rummage through your trash....you should have long ago quite doing anything illegal in your home....sometimes its the little things we DON'T do which come back to haunt us, bite us in the ass.
My illegal refuse is kept inside until I hear the trucks coming down the street....I then/and only then throw on the slippers and take the bad bag out to the street....
Be safe......it may be your own ass your saving! :badday:

UV Dreams

Dumping anything anywhere after you have touched "PLASTIC BAGS" or paper for that matter leaves fingerprints from the oils in your skin. If you have ever been arrested and that bag somehow gets into someones hands and gets turned over, you can expect a knock at your door.

Just my 2 cents.

G

Moisture destroys fingerprints - if you have not worn gloves & get fingerprints on the bag, spray it down real good with water.

Small amounts of vegetable matter get buried in the dirty cat litter & put out for the trashman - I don't think any dog could smell a few leaves through the odor of 25 cats worth of dirty litter (I rescue cats & have quite a few most of the time). The cat litter is double-bagged and then put into heavy cardboard boxes, so stray animals aren't able to tear into it.

Larger amounts I triple bag with black trash bags (wearing gloves) & drop in a dumpster somewhere.

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
All my plant refuse gets chopped and then goes to my local compost. I don't use it at home because the odd seed gets in there and I don't want any strays popping up in my yard. Suburban living. UV Dreams makes an excellent point. Anything that can contain a fingerprint I dispose of in the trash like normal, or burn. Dog's can deffinately smell through anything you try. If they're using a dog its the same story as the trash. You're busted. I don't care what you throw at the dog to mask or cover the smell. A properly trained dog that is not ill can smell it. To believe elsewise isn't prudent. The thing is it's so expensive to train a good scent dog, that there aren't that many to go around. Some of the German shepherds they bring out to check traffic stops will hit on just about anything. Its sad. My 2cents.

GreatLakes THC

G

I use the garbage disposal for fresh trim, and bury sticks and stems....

don't like the drops, won't put it out to the curb.

G

I use every single speck, flake, stem and stick, except the roots, for something or another. And after the Kief/Hash is made and the Butane or ISO Oil is evaporating I have me a Big Old Fashioned Bon Fire. Gotta love livin in da woods!

After harvest I save all the leaves and bud and make canna-butter with it and the rest, stalks, grow blocks and slabs, empty nute bottles goes triple heavy duty bagged and late at night it finds it's way into a dumpster, a different one each time as to be safe as possible!
I never put it out to the curb! It's not a safe thing to do!

newbgrow

The thing with garbage dumps is that most of them are privately owned and they pay money for the garbage guy to come once/twice a week etc. If they see you dumping they will call security/cops and sometimes they will search on location to see what you threw out. So if no one seeds you you can't really get caught. However, its not always hard to conceal, sometimes someone who lives nearby sees you but you dont always see them. That's the only way I can see you get caught with dumpsters...

Fingerprints? No way. They can't search through 50 garbage bags to singulate 1 fingerprint... Impossible!

G

down the garbage disposal? thats rediculious. The fire place is the safest, but i dont see whats wrong with pressing all that shit together, ziplocking... Pressing all air out of course.

Then into paper bags and into your everyday kitchen trash. No one bothers to go into that shit.GL

newbgrow

Now if you have couple 10s of soil and a couple pounds of plant matter, are you saying to take it out in trash? I'm talking at the end of a grow when you have a bunch of shit to get rid of at once.

Nowadays alot of people dont have fireplaces. Or they have conventional fireplaces that run on gas instead of firewood. Garbage disposal? How's that so ridiculous? It's like your kitchen trash, but BIGGER.

Rodriguez

worm compost or average compost?
re-use it if ya have the land and space to do so, thats what i would do anyway.. compost heaps work pretty damn fast once they get going and look very normal in an outdoor area in a house/garden/backyard etc

XbX

stems: bagged and boxed with gloves on then dumped with regular garbage

leaves: (wearing thick rubber gloves) compress handfulls and stick them right down into the toilet and then immediately flush...yes I have had it block once but after putting some bleach it was all cool....

Kush King

I rember back in the day doing soil.

Get in the truck fill the back up... 2am Get your buddy in the back of the truck. Down the highway we go or any long side streets. Tail gate down. AWAY SHE GOSE!!!
DUMP AND RUN the 10x10 cubic feet of soil in big garbadge bags boxes... thows were the days...

WE also usto do it up in a van thow were fun days Cram the back of the van so full and just start CHUKIN! haha

When i do hydro i dry the cubes out Then cram um in a bag and of to the city dump....

THE KEY TO THE DUMB IS. HUSKY BAGS!!!!!!!!!!

supermanlives

Veteran
wormbin,woodstove or recycle. nothing is wasted . having greenhouses and huge gardens allows recycling. even rockwool is added to soil outside altho i try not to use much