What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how do you beat tiger woods?

cain23456

I didn't think he would even be close to the lead on the final day. Somehow he was tied for the lead. he had a bad leg and still won. No one comes through in the clutch like him, not mj or kobe. Is he the greatest of all time? Rocca went to college in my home town so I found myself cheering for him and he gave tiger a fight. Tiger is Mr. Clutch. How do you beat him?

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
catch him when his putters in the ditch. he blows some short ones sometimes. problem is he comes back with a vengeance, dudes pure competition. congrats to rocco, what a battle.

ud have to throw your driver into his knee to have any chance of beating him.. he is the best of all time and he is still young in golf terms,
he could go another 20 years easy if no injury retires him early...

i really enjoyed the playoff.. GET IN THE HOLE!!

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Tiger went to my high School (Many years after me!! lol) I have great respect for him...But for a guy that is half Thai, and half Black to have the name "Ti-ger"...it just seems to me he had a great sense of humor with his nic-name!! :muahaha:

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
I personally think one should beat Tiger Woods with a large soft wheel of cheese...or perhaps a burlap sack full of cabbage rolls.

Both choices would minimize any real damage to a nice guy and a great golfer, whilst providing maximum comic relief.

cain23456

genkisan said:
I personally think one should beat Tiger Woods with a large soft wheel of cheese...or perhaps a burlap sack full of cabbage rolls.

Both choices would minimize any real damage to a nice guy and a great golfer, whilst providing maximum comic relief.

lol. that's too funny

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
With a 9 iron, start at his knees and work your way up to his head. :bashhead:

S

strain_searcher

use a thai bamboo stick and give him a lash for every title he has won.

buckeye-leaf

cannabis enthusiast
Veteran
start training the tiny kids ya know so in 20 years they can beat him. the guy is awesome for sports, but i would like him to do some cage-fighting!

trouble

Veteran
What a great US Open! Rocco played great but, as usual Tiger always hit a golf shot and sunk a putt when he had to. I have been playing and following golf for almost 40 years and Jack Nicklaus never dominated the competition like Tiger has. I believe Nicklaus won 18 majors over a 20 years and todays US Open win gave Tiger his 14th major in about 11 years or so.

........................................................................................................

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Once again I'll prove that youth and speed
are no match for old age and treachery.......

Back to the basics, K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid),
nothing says good old fashioned beating better than
k100_lge.jpg

A GOOD OLD FASHIONED LOUISVILLE SLUGGER

cain23456

he is great for sports. i think he just works harder. i doubt in golf those guys work at their game like tiger that's why he dominates. it's not done in other sports because you have alot of people seeing that sport as their way out so they work just as hard. in golf those guys aren't saying that i gotta make it to take care of my family. football, baseball, basketball, and boxing is cut throat. golf and tennis is a rich sport so you don't see that drive from them. im not taking anything from tiger. i think you give poor kids golf lessons for free and good equipment and golf changes. golf and tennis lessons and memberships, even to play on public courses is expensive to some. maybe im wrong but that's what i think. the drive isn't there in golf so he dominates.

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
he was golfing par golf when he was like 10 year old. i remember him on tv back then, mike douglas show.

dbuzz

Veteran
"how do you beat tiger woods?"

you don't.

unless someone convinces him to rebuild his swing from scratch. that was awhile back, wtf was he thinking? :D

cain23456

jiggywhompus said:
Whoever said the drive isn't there for golfers compared to basketball, football, etc. is just nuts. Mentally, golfers are the most obsessive, tedious, patient and driven athletes I have encountered. Just because you don't have 300 lb beasts running full blast into each other or guys flying through the air doesn't mean its a sport without drive. You don't have to beat just 1 team or player in golf...you have to beat up to 155 other players in a 156 man field. You think they are there for shits and giggles? No. They want to win as bad as any other athlete.

How do you beat Tiger Woods? You don't. Tiger Woods has to beat himself.

He re-built his swing into a perfect machine. He knew it would take time and it has transformed him into the best player golf has seen. And in my opinion, is dominating his sport more than any other athlete of the past with Michael Jordan or Roger Federer being #2 and #3. Titles speak louder than stats or highlight reels in my opinion on this subject.

Golf has easily the most ignorance surrounding it out of all the major sports. The old days of snobby country clubs and white only courses are fading away quicker and quicker. Tiger Woods and the Tiger Woods Foundation have completely changed the face of golf. The PGA Tour has far superior role models compared to other major sports and there is a level of respect amongst the players that the other sports simply DO NOT HAVE.

Rocco played amazing. To birdie 3 holes in a row on the back nine to square it up against Tiger is deserving of a trophy itself.

somewhere in mexico a little kid is out running, his dad is getting ready to lace up his boxing gloves for him. he's telling his dad don't worry imma buy our family the biggest house ever when i make it and become champion. Somewhere in cuba there's a kid telling his family imma get us outta cuba when i make it playing baseball. he doesn't even go to school, just baseball all day and night. In the dominican republic there's a kid 7 years old kid telling his dad and mom don't worry you will never have to work in the sugar cane field again for a few dollars a day. imma make it! In the new york there's a kid that got up at 4am to shoot hoops in some raggady ass holy shoes before he went to school. crime all around him but that's his way of getting his mom outta the projects. there's a kid in florida that eat sleeps and bathes with a football in his hand. his mom is working two jobs just to get by and is a dollar away from a quater. he's telling his mom don't worry you will never have to work again. he's the man of the house and nothing gonna stop him from making it. You Say Im Nuts. until you have seen or lived it, you have no idea of that drive. it's life or death for some people. it's the difference between their family eatting and starving. it's their way out! it's alot different than being obsessive, trust me. ask any person that lives in these places. ask any sports writer about that drive, it's all too real. so if these people had access to golf then the sport would be different. you say they have to beat 155 people, these people are beating out millions. i play golf and on a public course it's about 40 bucks for 18 holes if you lucky. im not gonna include clubs. how many of these people do you think can afford to pay that everyday? the drive is simply not the same. one is playing because that's they way out and gotta eat, the other is playing because he's "obsessive", not even close my friend.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts