What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How do gardeners date safely?

Calimed

Veteran
Start by making some connections with people and see where it goes. I think some people needlessly push people away by being overly date centric. Friends first is a good attitude.

When you find a good connection, there will instantly be a click, eye contact will be drastically different and the energy will flow. Conversation will happen...and sometimes it won't, but you don't have to always talk. Nonverbal communication can be very effective.

Oyeah, then talk about ur grow...but by then u should already know what's up.

I was like you in that I didn't want to lie. Somehow I was looking for some magic pretty professional woman that would also be attracted to a guy that grows and smokes a ton....There's a few of them in my area but overwhelmingly taken once you're up in the 30's.

So I had opted not to approach a lot of the type of girls I want to date because I was growing at my place, and smoking a lot of weed...Had to clean up and went back to smoking like a normal person and now the market of women to date is like 1000x more.... Also I'm waaaay more conversational and flirty when I'm sober (or drinking) vs stoned..... Hardly any women care if you smoke some. Not all, but a lot care if you're a grower (maybe not a tiny hidden microgrow but that's not what I had)

Security's gotta be first, so if you're growing at your place and going to get serious with a woman, you gotta lie for a while....

If you really are serious about dating a lot or finding the right girl, you may want to follow the advice you didn't like and clean up shop for awhile, and get your best game on :)

phenoi3arbidoll

MOTA: Not necessarily. I've always been cool with everything my boyfriend does (smoking, growing, whatever)... However, we dated for probably ~9 months before I ever smoked with him. I'm not a big smoker, but I am definitely alright and open to everything he does. So don't make assumptions about every girl smoking up your stash, because it doesn't always happen that way.

canna-tech

Today i'm about to have a date with a girl. I am growing cannabis in my small apartment and i can't hide it from visitors.

My opinion is to check out the girl if she is cannabis-friendly. At a later date, i'll offer her joint. If she refuses, i'll have to consequently break up the connection and look for other girls.

I think thats hard if you have a crush on her, but safety comes first.

denmaster

I think it's pretty obvious in most cases....if I haven't smoked mary jane multiple times with a girl I like...I already really know they aren't going to be good karma for me..if you can't smoke with the ones you love, do you really love them?

phenoi3arbidoll

There's a very obvious difference between smoking with your girlfriend & her not being a huge smoker but still being fine with what you do. Just because a girl doesn't smoke very often doesn't mean she's not okay with cannabis (growing, smoking, the cause, whatever you want to call it). & DEN, really? Say you're dating a girl & she only smokes a few times a year. But she's totally down with everything else you do... are you really going to question your relationship because she doesn't smoke?

ODTreez

For a while my girl my girl didnt know i smoked, let alone grew. Slowly I hinted at smoking but she cant blaze because of her job. She was interested in herb tho because many of her friends smoke and even her parents. Finally i let her see "the room" and she fell in love. After explaining how serous of an issue it was security-wise, she was cool with it and since then my garden has tripled in size. It really helps having an extra set of hands and skills (free of charge!). Moral of the story is, once you gain someones trust you can let them in on secrets and judge based on their response whether itll work or not, thankfully it worked in my case.

Mr. Mountain and I met b/c of music, not pot, but we were both obviously stoners. For whatever reason, he felt he could trust me from the get-go and starting telling me about his garden. I know, breaking of rule #1. But it worked out, we're married and grow together now. Maybe if you meet the right girl for you, you will just know? Maybe Mr. Mountain can give more details on why he felt that way. He doesn't trust a lot of people so it's frankly weird that he would trust me, but it ended up being a good move.

He really fell in love when we went to a festival and instead of sweating and being stuck in the mud we were in a four star hotel. He and his buddy had brought one of those Heineken pony kegs and they opened it and one of them said "Gee, I really wish we had big cups." I broke out a tupperware container full of picnic supplies and it was all over.

:)

I should mention that we got the four start hotel for a bargain basement price on priceline and then they fucked up our arrival time, gave us a free night with the hotel chain and priceline refunded the money. Oh, and they gave us a REALLY nice fruit and cheese tray from room service b/c they pissed me off and I threw a fit without throwing a fit. If you know what I mean? Just the professional older girl getting REALLY angry without raising her voice and making it clear that they would not get away with not doing what she wanted kind of fit. Do you all even know what I mean by that type of fit??

@b$+r@c+

Hahaha^^^
You two are 'lucky' for lack of a better term! I both scold and applaud Mr. Mountain for his bold actions, but it sounds like he calculated his risk properly! ...and yeah I've seen you women with your non-verbal, motionless threats. Sometimes a girls eyeball can become more scary than the gun shes holding!

I appreciate everyones input on this topic. I think at this point the bottom line for me is to get myself into a better position financially before I go hunting. I sort of have to anyway, thanks to the lovely curveballs life pitches every ten days. Having said that; maybe the next curveball is my ideal female...I guess ya never know, till ya know. Ya know?

slimjoint

Never trust a girl with your grow (sorry ladies you know i love you)
Think about break ups, big fight, she finds some rebound tells him about it word spread you either become a target of robbery or a bust.

phenoi3arbidoll

Dude, any girl that's gonna run her mouth about a grow after you break up or get into a fight is a total bitch anyway. You can't always assume that EVERY girl is like that, because that is DEFINITELY not the case. Some of us are JUST as tight-lipped as you are about shit. So don't make assumptions.

Dude, any girl that's gonna run her mouth about a grow after you break up or get into a fight is a total bitch anyway. You can't always assume that EVERY girl is like that, because that is DEFINITELY not the case. Some of us are JUST as tight-lipped as you are about shit. So don't make assumptions.
:thank you:

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
I've always just hanged with heady chicks. If they didn't puff I'd probably would've never met them,or even had much of a conversation with girls who don't. I've never met a chick that wasn't supportive of growing if she puffs.

C

cannagirl

Never trust a girl with your grow (sorry ladies you know i love you)
Think about break ups, big fight, she finds some rebound tells him about it word spread you either become a target of robbery or a bust.

So what if your a girl grower and are trying to date, and you have your own grow, then your logic doesn't really make since now does it?

R

RMCG

420 friendly != felony friendly.

Just because a chic smokes, doesn't mean she will dig growing. Maybe at first, but as a relationship grows, priorities change and your large room dwindles down to sneaking a joint in the garage or shed.

It would be awesome to find a chic that was doing it up BEFORE you met. 'Mutually assured destruction, someone that knows the rules, the game and the potential.

Shouldn't really drag a citizen into your decisions, knowingly or unknowingly. You may have made the choice to do what you do, and she may ~say~ she understands whats what, but if shit goes down or that noid comes around, its not terribly fair for the other party involved.

Latest posts

Latest posts