What's new

How do gardeners date safely?

cody2white

ghost in training
Veteran
Lol or root aphids. Seriously tho I act like im doing nothing wrong and most people wont even hint on your double life. Just remember what we do will get most of us locked up.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, it simply comes down to this for me. I enjoy the closeness that comes with time spent with one person. I enjoy the intimacy of a relationship. It is very hard if not impossible to truly let some become a part of my existence if I don't let them KNOW...

Cannabis is such a large portion of my life...not just a hobby...not just a means of gainful employment (medical state)...but something I am deeply passionate about.

My girl and I both LOVE to cook. We spend countless hours in the kitchen together pushing each other towards a better preparation or a better sear or a better seasoning...lol. Because it is something we both share a passion in, we receive equal enjoyment and satisfaction from the activity.

If cannabis is ALL that your world involves, (and I know, I know...it is MY world too, but not EVERY SECOND OF EVERY WAKING DAY) then you are heading down a road to disaster in any relationship....IF....she is not as passionate about cannabis as you are.

Personally, I would LOVE to find a girl that wants to garden with me, rather than one that is simply kept in the dark. Although, I have to say...it (not knowing) does make me a man of great mystery and intrigue...which I must admit, I do enjoy. However, in the same sense, my garden is MINE. It is my distraction from the world...my own private creation and collection of escapes and remedies and pleasures. There are few moments more spiritual than standing amidst a room of flowering ladies, dialed in to perfection, pumping out the resins and terepenes...fattening colas and sticky popcorn....OHHHH MY!!!! To me it is MY world...I'm not honestly sure I WANT someone else to invade or to intrude.

This not to say I want my hobby/work to be a secret for ever to the women I do become involved with for long-term (1+ year MINIMUM), it is always BEST and safest, TO DO WHAT, PEOPLE??? C'MON, SAY IT WITH ME....WHAT IS RULE #1??!!!

DON'T TELL ANYONE.

Keep this in mind....20 minutes of some woman...or 4-7 years with a cell mate named "Rosco". Think with the right head, gentlemen.

dank.Frank

ive been pondering this question for some time,(decades) and i always answer it with the 3 rules of personal growing NO TELL, NO SMELL, and NO SELL. only 4 people know, and ive known them a lifetime. i have learned that those are 4 too many. next grow no-one will know, as far as anyone is concerned i quit because of my church involvement. so i guess i vote for rule #1 NO TELL. even the best girls can turn on you if the relationship goes south.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Great topic. I wonder about this. I think to myself that I will be just fine by myself. I have my son, that's it you know. I don't want anyone to mess up anything for me and him. It just doesn't seem like it would be worth taking the risk. Fuck I mean if I get bored, I will smoke some weed. I don't believe as one said earlier, that I could ever find anyone that shares my passion for weed/growing. I don't see how it's even possible. In my mind it's just not worth it, too much to lose.

phenoi3arbidoll

Here's a female perspective:

To be honest, if you're into a girl, you need to tell her. If she's someone who's expressed an aversion to cannabis, then you probably shouldn't bother continuing the relationship. Not to sound harsh, but if it's ever going to get serious, she's going to find out. And if chica doesn't like marijuana, then the relationship will never be able to have the potential to be serious... Because, let's be realistic, none of you boys would give up your grow for a girl. Not to knock women in any way, but it's the truth. There IS a difference between cautiously divulging information a little bit at a time and TOTALLY keeping your girl in the dark. I got the "little bit at a time" and the more we grew to trust each other, the more he was comfortable telling me, the more the relationship grew. Now, like I said, I obviously have nothing against cannabis, and that was made very clear from the beginning, so it helped a lot. But basically, my point is, if you're dating a girl that you feel like you will NEVER be able to tell, then you might as well give up before you get too attached. Just my two cents.

Green lung

Veteran
I'm dealing with this problem also.

Living in a non medical sate and living with my grow it scares me

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The subject is difficult one....After having a wife who tried to get me arrested for drugs 3 times unsuccessfully..I made up my mind i won't let anyone have that type of leverage on me again.Still keeping my options open ,but while im growing ,im all for moving forward.Without problems or setbacks ,that the relationship thing can bring.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Either grow in the attic or get a second house for it.

With it out of the vicinity of your normal living area, you won't think about it as much and it will be very easy to hide for a while until you get to know how she might react to such information.

Find and do other things not related to cannabis. Get involved an meet new people. If the only thing your involved with is cannabis, thats the only type of girl you will attract, not a bad thing, if thats what your looking for. It doesn't sound like that is what your looking for though.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can honestly say, I have dated a girl for 1.5 years before she even knew I SMOKED...let alone the rest of it. So that aspect of it is entirely possible. (although, she was very pretty, but not too smart...I'd say, that such a thing would NOT be possible for most)

She felt betrayed, and probably rightfully so. It was something that never came up. I don't smoke cigarettes, so the concept I smoked cannabis, never even occurred to her. I never told. She never asked.
In time, she asked me to choose...I told her to start packing.

Then again, she was by no means, "the one", so to say. It is a very unfulfilled relationship where honesty fails. Lies are like a cancer that consumes the relationship...and the people involved in it. You have to decide what is appropriate risk for a given situation.

dank.Frank

thehashman

I always love it when I break up with a woman. It means new opportunities and new sex. You know you can create or manufacture a reason to break up easily.

Finepointcanon

Veteran
Gotta be honest if it's going to be worthwhile. For a while I went through that "Find a girl that's nicer than you" phase, then I realized that I love what I love, and if I'm going to love someone, they should probably be ok at the least with the things that I love.

My formula:

1. Start smoking with cute hippie girl after French class.
2. Talk in depth about becoming medical-legal.
3. Kinda let things happen if they're meant to (in true stoner fashion) and have yourself a patient/significant other.

picture.php

4. Profit?

thehashman

I have had some strange experiences smoking with new chicks.

1. They get so stoned all they do is zone out and stare at something.

2. I get zoned out and stare at something.

I guess it depends on the bud... and the chick

@b$+r@c+

u should hook up with a lady who grows too.

...if she's a grower than she knows not to tell anyone! ;)
Believe me, that would make a LOT more sense than anything anyone could come up with, for me.

So what....I need to create 'www.herbaldate.com'(aka copcentral.com)...hehehe!

ROJO145, you have an excellent point. My social skills have depleted with the time (4-5 yrs) I've spent alone. The biggest problem though is that ALL the girls I've been with, have sorta chosen me. I've never really intentionally seduced a woman! (Damn that sounds depressing!)

...I think all I really need is a miracle. Maybe some sort of divine intervention? That could work, right?

Ladies; I need to hear from you, the female mind is the one I'm trying to better understand here.:tiphat:

miss addy

Growing in most places is dangerous from a legal stand point. Sometimes emotions run high in a relationship any anything can happen.

Is there such a thing as dating anymore? I mean people that just go out to dance or a movie?

Snypette

Veteran
hi abstract! sorry to hear of your troubles, that's a tough situation. The person who introduced me to growing is the person i'm still with today, so i've never had that problem. But my thoughts on the subject are to (as mentioned before) not lie but not tell her everything. no one gives up there personal secretes when first getting to know someone and you shouldn't feel like you have to tell her, remember she has things she isn't telling you too! But i would tell her you smoke so you can see how she reacts to that. chances are someone who has a problem with smoking, obviously won't be ok with growing.
Good luck in your journey abstract, i hope you find love:cathug:

thehashman

Dating evolves with layers of truth being revealed as your partner gets caught.

I had this one chick and every time I asked her a question there would be a long pause and I would get an answer. Simple things that seemed innocent.

As time evolved and we get deeper and deeper into each other I found that she is wanted and hiding from a felony warrant. If she had said that at the onset we may not have ever got so deep.

Lots of other stuff with this one, but I don't want to be a thread thief.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
My gf doesn't smoke, but she is ok with me growing. Her friends smoke, but she doesn't like it.

I dated her for a year before she found out as a result of carelessness on my part. Her response was intrigued. She likes watching me grow and fat stacks.

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
When I met my girl , I just did hobby growing my first setup is laughable , had a 1000 watt from the ol'man , a ol' 52' tv box covered in tin foil like a savaage!!, just in the middle of the basement, since then a do a proper cab , and supply myself with top notch @ almost no cost......

I have always smoked real heavy almost everywhere I go , so when we met think she could tell what she was in for, even though I tried not to blaze as often as I would of liked to.

So basically I have been with her for a few years < like 7 > , and have done my own thing, and havent had too much static from her , every so often I guess . sometimes I wished I could have a stoner girlfriend , who I could get real high with , and get mad blowys!, but like what I got , and I smoke enough for two of us anyways!
MY opinion is that u should"nt be looking for cannabis friendly ASS, U my friend should first concentrate on any ASS ., get outta the house go to some partys get on the hunt, GO GO GO !!!

peace TS