What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

House & Garden Nutrients

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
Drip clean def works well that's for sure. Whatever it is and or was in it. I cam see the difference in coco right away

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
if you water till runoff does that cancel out the drip clean?

No not at all. It works by bonding to salt and getting rid of them thru the runoff. If you have a tray under your pots and let your run off dry. U will notice the salts and crap in the tray after it evaporates. I've done a test with and without drip clean and u could tell the difference

Mike Myers

No not at all. It works by bonding to salt and getting rid of them thru the runoff. If you have a tray under your pots and let your run off dry. U will notice the salts and crap in the tray after it evaporates. I've done a test with and without drip clean and u could tell the difference

sweet gracias

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
sounds similar to a buffer to prevent "clouding of the water" or possible "binding of the salts"...not sure though thats just my interpretation of what i read on that site...

http://www.iclfertilizers.com/Fertilizers/Knowledge%20Center/PeKacid.pdf

http://www.drt.com.tr/eng/Nutrition.aspx?page=straight

There is more information in the pdfs on the site link provided by Avenger.

http://customhydronutrients.com/zencart/download/pekacid_brochure.pdf

http://customhydronutrients.com/zencart/download/PEKACID pdf.pdf

It doesn't all make sense to me though as the producer claims that Pekacid is a acid that dissolves bicarbonates - but don't people pH adjust to 6.0 or something similar when they use this stuff?

Pine

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
I checked it out also. I mean it's def interesting stuf. But seems like it would be more for dudes with a corn field n shit. You saying it's similar to what drip clean is/does. Regardless though. Def good to know

I'm going to start feeding the additives every other from now on to see how they do or if any real noticeable difference. I'll let u know how it goes

Avenger

Veteran
I'm not saying it is similar, I am saying it is the same.

Here is another one, its a liquid like drip clean and a bit more watered down, same stuff though:
antibloc

At 10 dollars one pound of the PeKacid is a little more than enough to make 1 liter equivelant to the drip clean. As it takes 400 grams in a liter to get a concentrate with 24% P2O5 and 8% K2O.

I'll quit hijacking your thread now.
Peace :sasmokin:

Green lung

Veteran
Just A & B

picture.php

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
I'm not saying it is similar, I am saying it is the same.

Here is another one, its a liquid like drip clean and a bit more watered down, same stuff though:
antibloc

At 10 dollars one pound of the PeKacid is a little more than enough to make 1 liter equivelant to the drip clean. As it takes 400 grams in a liter to get a concentrate with 24% P2O5 and 8% K2O.

I'll quit hijacking your thread now.
Peace :sasmokin:

hijack what?!?! you are more than welcome to post more info about it, as you seem to be very knowledgable and know alot about their products....

would you happen to know the Si(salt index) of H&G base nutes compared to other companies?

ive looked everywhere for H&G Si and i cant find it anywhere...

(i am assuming there is a Si for bottled nutes just like mineral salts and dry ferts)

i like to know how things work, you gimme a car and say this baby has 400hp...well just telling me isnt enough, i want to know how and why it produces 400 hp...

which is why i get annoyed with alot of nute companies, they say "feed your plants with this and watch em explode"...then when you contact the company the give you some BS script that they are told to read because they dont know better....

im still waiting on a response from H&G....so far IME horrible customer service...ive emailed H&G canada, H&G usa, H&G uk...and i also emailed rob@H&G(usa)......out of all 4 the only one i got a response from was rob, and it was easy enough to see he didnt know shit about growing, just another sales rep....

im wondering if they are ignoring me based on the questions i asked and the content of my letters....that would makeme think they are just like greenhouse seed co..."we dont like what you got to say, they we will ignore you and delete you messages"

i have noo doubt they have good nutes, but so far im not impressed with the way they treat their customers(ME), especially since i got the big bottles of everything

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
on another note...i got another room where in the last 4 weeks i only fed them 2 times @ 1.4 EC...thats right in 4 weeks, and those plants are beautiful...perfect...

which is one of the reasons i would like to know the (Si) of H&G soil nutes

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
Greenlung- looks phenomenal dude. Really nice work!

Avenger- Who cares bout that hijack bullshit. Feel free dude. Post what you want any info is good info.

Joe - I'll try to dig up some info on that for you

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
H&G soil garanteed analasis (whats is writen on my bottles at least...not much detail if you ask me)

Part A

2.3-0-2.3
total Nitrogen....(N)2.3%
0.4 % amonium nitrogen
1.9 % nitrate nitrogen

K20 potassium oxide.......2.3%

Derived from: calcium nitrate, ammonium nitrate, nitric acid, potassium hydroxide

Part B

1-1.1-3.6

total nitrogen.....1%
1% nitrate nitrogen

available phosphate(P205)...1.1%

soluble potash(K20)........3.6%

magnesium.........0.5%
0.5% water soluble magnesium

derived from: nitric acid, potassium hydroxide, phosphoric acid anhydride, magnesium sulphate

hope thats enough info for you to get a good number on it. they really dont go intomuch detail in the garanteed analysis, which always makes me suspicious of a product,i mean how am i suppossed to know if its complete or not if it doesnt have all the micros listed

Part B

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
My coco AB Ga says that.

Total nitrogen - 0.3
0.02 - ammoniacal nitrogen
0.28 - nitraTe nitrogen

Soluble potash - 0.3

And cocO B

Total nitrogen 0.1
.1% nitrate nitrogen

Available phosphate (p205)- .3
Soluble potash .6
Magnesium - .8
0.8 water soluble magnesium

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
My coco AB Ga says that.

Total nitrogen - 0.3
0.02 - ammoniacal nitrogen
0.28 - nitraTe nitrogen

Soluble potash - 0.3

And cocO B

Total nitrogen 0.1
.1% nitrate nitrogen

Available phosphate (p205)- .3
Soluble potash .6
Magnesium - .8
0.8 water soluble magnesium

WTF???

am i getting the good stuff up here in canada and you guys get the watered down shit?

kinda like canadian beer, lol

no but seriously wtf? i dont quite understand....also EC is EC, so if you mesure 1.6 EC and i measure 1.6EC it should be roughly the same, with the exception of (Si) and the fact mine is "soil" and yours is "coco"

so WTF????

G

Guest 150314

The drip clean stuff works for me. I did a control watering some plants in a peat medium with and without, I was feeding 800-1000ppm max.. the plants without drip clean had run off of roughly 1600ppm and with drip clean was around 900ppm.

With the addition of drip clean and feeding under 1000ppm you should be able to feed every watering without salt build up.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
WTF???

am i getting the good stuff up here in canada and you guys get the watered down shit?

kinda like canadian beer, lol

no but seriously wtf? i dont quite understand....also EC is EC, so if you mesure 1.6 EC and i measure 1.6EC it should be roughly the same, with the exception of (Si) and the fact mine is "soil" and yours is "coco"

so WTF????

YES, the US gets different nutrients then other countries, fucking regulations and shit....

Latest posts

Latest posts