What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

House & Garden Nutrients

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
I have all 3 AB's. Soil aqua and coco. The soil is the only one with the higher ratios. Weird bro my soil AB. Says .2 0 .2 and B .1 .1 .3

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
well so far with the control tests i have done, got 3 diff rooms...

room 1: flushed thoroughly with florakleen

room 2: continued normal feeding but added water between fert(water fert water fert)

room 3: fed at 1.5 EC once every 10-14 days(2 times in a month)

all plants were grown from the same clones, started the same time, andhave been grown under the exact same conditions, same soil

results

Room 1: the flush certainly removes ferts from the soil so they do look slightly deficient but the new growth is nice and green and vibrant healthy, new growth is GREEN with NO PURLPLE VIENS

Room 2: no changes, intervienal chlorisis has continued, purple racing stripes running up and down the stems all the way to the top, looks like classic lock out. usually this is from the salts sucking the moisture from the roots.

Room 3: beautiful, not a problem, i see a slight bit of too much N but other than that absolutly killer, excellent health

maybe you guys are abletofeed every watering, but its clear to me i cant, if i did my crop would be ruined fairly quick

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
well so far with the control tests i have done, got 3 diff rooms...

room 1: flushed thoroughly with florakleen

room 2: continued normal feeding but added water between fert(water fert water fert)

room 3: fed at 1.5 EC once every 10-14 days(2 times in a month)

all plants were grown from the same clones, started the same time, andhave been grown under the exact same conditions, same soil

results

Room 1: the flush certainly removes ferts from the soil so they do look slightly deficient but the new growth is nice and green and vibrant healthy, new growth is GREEN with NO PURLPLE VIENS

Room 2: no changes, intervienal chlorisis has continued, purple racing stripes running up and down the stems all the way to the top, looks like classic lock out. usually this is from the salts sucking the moisture from the roots.

Room 3: beautiful, not a problem, i see a slight bit of too much N but other than that absolutly killer, excellent health

maybe you guys are abletofeed every watering, but its clear to me i cant, if i did my crop would be ruined fairly quick

im sure you cant feed every watering, regardless what the kat said from the US......

its just common sense.....

if i were growing in soil, i certainly would not feed every watering.....

not sure what to say Joe, i just hope that ALL of us can figure out what the problem is.....

G

Guest 150314

whats your run off ppm/ec and ph from those rooms joe?

my guess is they suggest no water between the feeds if you are using drip clean, my plants are getting GH 6/9 every watering and drip clean and run off is same as input and they look very healthy.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
heres my labels if it helps any

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• soil A.jpg
    soil A.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 12
  • soil B.jpg
    soil B.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 9

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
whats your run off ppm/ec and ph from those rooms joe?

my guess is they suggest no water between the feeds if you are using drip clean, my plants are getting GH 6/9 every watering and drip clean and run off is same as input and they look very healthy.

runoff in plants that were given feed feed feed was over 2000ppm(4EC), my meter does not go any higher

the runoff of the plants that i was giving water feed water feed was 800(1.6EC) and these plants were in much better health

the other room where the plants are perfect(where i only fed them 1.5 EC every 10-14 days about) i have not measured the runoff because the plants are so beutiful i didnt see a need tobut maybe tomorrow ill do that to get an idea because tomorrow i gotta water them anyways

EDIT: and yes im using drip clean too

Last edited:
G

Guest 150314

when you say you only feed them 1.5 ec every 10-14 days, you are feeding just water in between correct? how often do you water?

i am thinking about trying the soil A & B next round considering it costs the same as using GH micro and bloom cant really go wrong

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
yes with those ones i used plain water in between,couldnt tell you how much because on my calender i just marked when i fed, but i know at least one plain watering if not 2 plain waterings, i dont think i did more than 2 plain waterings in between

G

Guest 150314

Thanks, I am guessing your in 5 gal pots or bigger like myself?

Its worth giving the drip clean a try, Like I said earlier my plants are getting 800-1000ppm of feed every watering and with the addition of drip clean there is no build up maybe 150ppm of salt build up at the most.

I am sure feeding less works though, saves money as well so ya can't go wrong there.

Avenger

Veteran

Attachments

• SI soilA 001.jpg
    SI soilA 001.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 10
  • SI soilB 001.jpg
    SI soilB 001.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 16

Avenger

Veteran
whoops forgot these screenshots, and cant seem to edit them in

Attachments

• soilA.jpg
    soilA.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 14
  • soilB.jpg
    soilB.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 11

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
so with a general Si of 7 its a fairly low (Si) nute, actually this would mean that if i am feeding at 1.0EC that would be equal amount of usable nutes to a fertilizer with a (Si) 14 2.0EC correct? or am i missing something?

one more question avenger, since you seem to have a good comprehention of nutes in general....why is my bottle marked with a much much higher npk than the american bottles? i read than nutes with a higher npk numbers generally have a lower (Si) than ferts with a lower number, but there are exeptions ofcourse

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran

Avenger

Veteran
actually this would mean that if i am feeding at 1.0EC that would be equal amount of usable nutes to a fertilizer with a (Si) 14 2.0EC correct? or am i missing something?

Not exactly, but kind of sorta. Salt index is just a relative comparison of the EC any fertilizer will have to the EC that sodium nitrate in solution has.

Each fertilizer salt when in solution at any given concentration(ppm, %, ect) will conduct electricity better or worse than any other salt in solution at the same concentration.

The lighter molecular weight the salt, the more conductive the solution at the same concentration as a heavier salt.

Hence fertilizers with heavier salts like potassium phosphate instead of potassium chloride have a lower Salt Index.

http://www.flairform.com/hints/conductivity_factors_effecting.htm
http://www.currentseparations.com/issues/18-3/cs18-3c.pdf

why is my bottle marked with a much much higher npk than the american bottles?

My guess is misprint. Which is why it was taken off the shelf for being mislabeled in Oregon

Allied Imports House & Garden Van de Zwaan 1-2-4 Soil B Mislabeled product 27-Oct-10
Allied Imports House & Garden Van de Zwaan 2-0-1 Soil A Mislabeled product 27-Oct-10

http://www.oregon.gov/ODA/PEST/stopsales.shtml

krunchbubble said:
whats PeKacid?

Were you not involved in the conversation the other day? I could have sworn you took part.

PeKacid is just a fertilizer salt, it can be used as a component in liquid concentrated formulation like H&G. It is 0-60-20 NPK.

mjactivist

Avenger- From what I understand its not a misprint. It could be B/S but ive been told its b/c some states have tightened fertilizer label requirements. And instead of changing the nutrient profiles they just lowered the %'s on the labels so they wont get fined or taken off shelves.
Also was told when the labels say the N-P-K is
0.3-0-0.3
its really
3-0-3

L8
MJ

K

Kitsym

i don't really like the look of H&G NPK ratio's for Aqua Flakes so for now I'm more interested in good ol GH MaxiBloom and Big Bud as a Bloom supplement gravy

Y

YosemiteSam

i had a HUGE battle between the US and European H@G guys and concluded that the US guys and completely full of shit, but this was a few years ago....

this was a response to asking what exactly drip clean is made from, this is the from the US rep.....

"Drip clean is a product that attaches to the salt molecule and stops it from attaching to the medium. Used at 0.4ml per gallon your adding the least amount of salt remover. It does a better job than any other on the market never letting salts get in your drip emitters or flavor your vegetables
Hope this answers some questions and email anytime.
Thanks for choosing www.house-garden.us!"

what a dick, straight read from the pamphlet.....

talk to these people....
http://ukhouseandgarden.co.uk/index.asp

Let me get this straight. You add H&G first. That produces salt in the medium. Then you add their "salt remover".

Maybe I am just dumb ol country boy...but why don't you just stop overdoing the salts in the first place?

This has got to be the stupidest shit I have ever heard.

edit...so first they want you to overpay for salts, then they want you to pay for something to remove it. Like I said, take a fucking class.

Latest posts

Latest posts