What's new

House & Garden Nutrients

harveyshoemaker

Yes even with drip clean drip clean is actually a high grade phosphorus that is has a positive charge and salts are negatively charged. So it helps pull salts out of your medium. It isn't a peroxide or anything like that. Roots excel is packed full of beneficials. They wouldn't give you a product with beneficials and give you another one that would kill them.

T

TribalSeeds

Yes even with drip clean drip clean is actually a high grade phosphorus that is has a positive charge and salts are negatively charged. So it helps pull salts out of your medium. It isn't a peroxide or anything like that. Roots excel is packed full of beneficials. They wouldn't give you a product with beneficials and give you another one that would kill them.

There are no beneficials in RE. Read H&G's literature. They arent allowed to export bacteria so they recommend Great White because its from their US distributor Humboldt Wholesale.

Yes I've been using 5ml per gallon lots of kelp + floralicious in veg and koolbloom in flower for a few cycles now and could not be happier.Don't know what I will do with these 6 gallon jugs of GH 3 part I will never use it again in my life.

Hydropimp

Veteran
@ barefootseeds How much kelp and 5mls never changes?

@rainmaker 5mls of a/b in ro never changes though veg?

nope doesnt change, 5 ml all the way through flower. thats why i prefer it over GH, i dont have to fuck around with different ratios in different weeks i just feed strictly 5 ml and plants are stoked.

kelp or seaweed would depend on brand, i use a local one that is not strong like 2-1-10 or something like that and i use 20ml of stock solution per 1 litre of water.

im doing a side by side with growth plus and kelp foliar and dont see much difference

firehound

HEY B

HEY B

:biggrin::tiphat: I also run Happy Frog (fruit and flower 5-8-4) 2tblsp per each 1 1/2 gal. pots in pro-mix #4,with Great White inoculated 2 times. once in veg stage, and again with a soil drench when i pot-up to final flowering pots is where the HF fruit flower is used. they veg for 1 wk while roots search and the VAM (vesicular arbuscule Mychorizae) work. After that i feel there is enough veg nutes( H&G) left until the roots hit the mix that all is good by then. Will try a little Kool Bloom, or Shootn Powder around wk 3, maybe again if they need it. The beneficial microbes and vam will be competing for the phosphorus also. This is an experiment.....you know the rest ha ha. Dont try this at home!!. i did it last grow with less HF in bigger pots >>>was ok. This time smaller pots and a little more FROG. FH

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
So when I started this thread I was kind of new to the H&G line and was def trying to trying more info and on it. But now lemme tell you I'm pretty well informed thanks to a lot of posts and researching. Dude. Seriously I don't think ill ever use another nutrient company from here on out. I use and used all different types of stuff and companies and the truth is that this line is probably the best and most full line I've ran. Just really helps with every aspect. Since I've been using the whole line. I haven't really gotten any burnt tips and all. Don't know if its just from usin the drip clean ( which I wanted to chime in on). From what I've read and gathered. Drip clean doesn't really flush the salts out of the medium. But what it does its basically doesn't allow the plant to absorb any of the salts. (Maybe I'm wrong ) but this is what I been told. Now there's another product called Sea green which is similar to drip clean. But what it does. Is actually convert those excess salts into useable nutrients the plant can absorb. So figured id say that now also let's get the confusion about the whole

Shooting powder , Top Booster and Top Shooter. Top Shooter and Shooting Powder are the same exact thing just different labels I believe for different country's. they are not to be confused with Top Booster which is a different product from them which is used one time during weed 4-5 depending on strain/flowering times. So just wanted to make sure people understood that. I'm about on week 4 of flowering at the moment and going to stop the multizen and switch to Bud XL. Which I can't wait to use honestly. Supposed to be some great stuff. That def adds some flavor. What's the story with the whole adding cal-mag. At the moment I saw a little calmag def on a few lower leaves nothing serious but could of been just from the PK or possibly lockout. But I don't see it get any worse. Could of been just a tad bit. But so far so good. I'm probably going to skip the Shooting powder and maybe use the KB powder instead. I'm not trying to have foxtails and maybe fuck up the flowering times. All though the rep said it wouldn't mess with flowering times but probably will maybe give some foxtails. Some people don't mind some people do. Well see how it goes. I know it's super potent stuff and I don't wanna risk burning my plants this late in the game for a little extra yield you know. Rather have quality over quantity. That's my opinion though.

Last edited:

hobb3s93

sorry if it missed it guys but has anyone had success running just aqua flakes a & b with alil calmag all the way through? or how bout just A&B with multizen for week 1-4 n bud xl for 4-8?

i have almost the complete line but dont really feel like shelling out for amino or nitrogen boost n enzyme. also i feel like im gna end up breaking my back following their "exact schedule". (don't worry I wait to mix my B in after my A:laughing:)

i know alot of people swear by following their schedule to a T but i am hastly switching nutes two weeks before i begin flower, and would prefer to run something midly simple. I had recently switched from h&G to a local 3 part nute (similar to gh) thinking i was gonna save money and time but alas it seems it turned out to be the least ph stable hydro nute u could find.

Half my room is dwc , the other half is coco. within weeks my coco plants were locked out switched back to aqua flakes and now they are recovering. the dwc is doing great but i find myself draining 3-5 gallons out every other day to bring my ph back from the mid 4's up to 5.8 -6.0. with h&G in dwc i never had my ph dip below 5.5 to 5.4.
is that due to the fact that h&G uses "higher quality" ph Buffers? any feed back is appreciated :thank you:

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
sorry if it missed it guys but has anyone had success running just aqua flakes a & b with alil calmag all the way through? or how bout just A&B with multizen for week 1-4 n bud xl for 4-8?

i have almost the complete line but dont really feel like shelling out for amino or nitrogen boost n enzyme. also i feel like im gna end up breaking my back following their "exact schedule". (don't worry I wait to mix my B in after my A:laughing:)

i know alot of people swear by following their schedule to a T but i am hastly switching nutes two weeks before i begin flower, and would prefer to run something midly simple. I had recently switched from h&G to a local 3 part nute (similar to gh) thinking i was gonna save money and time but alas it seems it turned out to be the least ph stable hydro nute u could find.

Half my room is dwc , the other half is coco. within weeks my coco plants were locked out switched back to aqua flakes and now they are recovering. the dwc is doing great but i find myself draining 3-5 gallons out every other day to bring my ph back from the mid 4's up to 5.8 -6.0. with h&G in dwc i never had my ph dip below 5.5 to 5.4.
is that due to the fact that h&G uses "higher quality" ph Buffers? any feed back is appreciated :thank you:

Hey Hobb, this is probably not going to be all the helpful, but I'm going to do what you're suggesting. I'm going to 'smooth' out their ridiculously complex feed regimen. I'm going to do Cocos A & B with calmag and a couple other supplements that I've come used to and know how they work. I do a perpetual type grow, so if I see it's not working so hot, I can wander back into their insanity. I must say, 2 years ago, I had great results by using the H&G line, but wanted simplicity, so I switched to the Lucas method with 'ok' results, but not the yield I had with coco, hand watered with H&G nutes. I'll try to post what I'm doing and how it's working as I go. 1 week from now, my initial volley goes into flower and the madness ensues from there.

mgk :tiphat:

hobb3s93

Hey Hobb, this is probably not going to be all the helpful, but I'm going to do what you're suggesting. I'm going to 'smooth' out their ridiculously complex feed regimen. I'm going to do Cocos A & B with calmag and a couple other supplements that I've come used to and know how they work. I do a perpetual type grow, so if I see it's not working so hot, I can wander back into their insanity. I must say, 2 years ago, I had great results by using the H&G line, but wanted simplicity, so I switched to the Lucas method with 'ok' results, but not the yield I had with coco, hand watered with H&G nutes. I'll try to post what I'm doing and how it's working as I go. 1 week from now, my initial volley goes into flower and the madness ensues from there.

yo mgk my first run with h&g aqua flakes last year we kept it 750 ppm a+b 5.8ph in dwc with very late shooting powder(ooops) and i had great result.

what additives u thinking of running?
do u think i still need cal mag for dwc if i am using aqua flakes and tap water?

i think i mite run one tray of coco with a+b (maybe cal mag) and this stuff called rock resinator (1-4-16) supposed to be used from 2nd week of 12/12 thru finish.

i am hopeing that this can have the same or better result of my other coco tray which i think im gna run
a&b,with mutli for 1-4 and bud xl for 5-8 and start hitting up with shooting powder at half strength around week 5 .

i might split up my for dwc's on a similar schedule
what do u think?
do u think i need to add some epsom with my aqua flakes for coco?
:tiphat::thank you:

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
yo mgk my first run with h&g aqua flakes last year we kept it 750 ppm a+b 5.8ph in dwc with very late shooting powder(ooops) and i had great result.

do u think i still need cal mag for dwc if i am using aqua flakes and tap water?

i think i mite run one tray of coco with a+b (maybe cal mag) and this stuff called rock resinator (1-4-16) supposed to be used from 2nd week of 12/12 thru finish.

i am hopeing that this can have the same or better result of my other coco tray which i think im gna run
a&b,with mutli for 1-4 and bud xl for 5-8 and start hitting up with shooting powder at half strength around week 5 .

what do u think?

Hey . yeah that sounds like it should work great.. well supposdely.. You really dont need to add any cal-mag with h&g line since it has enough in it which is like one of the higher numbers than any other base nutes ive seen .. I have all 3 base nutes of theres the CocoAB , Aqua flakes AB, and Soil AB,, funny i dont think ive ever used the Soil AB at all maybe i should try it.. But currently im using the CocoAB and alls well, im seeing a slight calmag defiency.. I personally have been adding some calmag though here and there. as well as using Roots Organic Elemental top dressing it.. which is a calmag supplement organic form.. But im not really sure if im seeing a deficiency due to lock out or Ph maybe being to low..or could be just too much calmag in there that i added with Cal-Mag plus..and im doing a run of Sour OG.. which both parents are cal mag whores as you know so i figured id add some additional of it cause they supposed to love and need a lot of it.. So i guess it also is all strain dependant.. But depending on what stage you are in.. If you want you could add very small dose of calmag like 1ml a gal throughout veg and maybe a little in flower .. Just so you wont run into any issues down the line you know.. A lot of people swear by H&G not needing to add cal-mag and some saying maybe add a little.. So i guess it could be preference,Strain dependant, and just keep an eye on your plants on what they need you know.. Thats like the easiest way to figure out if they need it or not.. but if you want to be safe maybe add a little of it during like plain waterings every other time. to just ensure it.. thats my 2 cents not saying im right or anything but this is the information ive gathered up.. so maybe it will help

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran

what do u think?

Well, actually, I did not mean to say Calmag at all.. lol.. I agree with Biach in saying H&G is sufficient in calmag as a general rule. The Coco is formulated with a higher calmag content. What I actually meant to say and am a firm believer in is silicon. I'm a big fan of Protekt.. the structural benefit from silicon is great.. I immediately noticed my branches and main stems on plants became more robust.. some of the bigger plants having a 'trunk' look to their bases. Regarding the supplements that I do use is Floralicious Bloom... The stuff stinks like a bastard, but I believe it really does help bulk the plants up as well as contribute to good aroma and flavor. I stopped using it once when I ran out... I noticed an immediate change in a strain that I'm very familiar with.. when I went back to the Fl Bloom, the strain came back to the form we all loved and knew.. I'm not an epsom salts guy, so I have no advice on it. I'm a firm believer in H&G's Roots Excellerator (or what ever they call it, too stoned to get up and look) as well as drip clean.. the stuff works.. don't ask me how, it just does. I'm kinda excited to get back to H&G.. I got away from it last year and used the Lucas formula exclusively and noticed a drop in yield, so back I go to H&G. I just cant do their ridiculously complex feeding regimen. I hated the shooting powder! I've got 2 packs of it that will probably never be opened.. unless I have a plant I want to see burst into flames. Have fun!

Biatchzxz

Where am I?
Veteran
Well, actually, I did not mean to say Calmag at all.. lol.. I agree with Biach in saying H&G is sufficient in calmag as a general rule. The Coco is formulated with a higher calmag content. What I actually meant to say and am a firm believer in is silicon. I'm a big fan of Protekt.. the structural benefit from silicon is great.. I immediately noticed my branches and main stems on plants became more robust.. some of the bigger plants having a 'trunk' look to their bases. Regarding the supplements that I do use is Floralicious Bloom... The stuff stinks like a bastard, but I believe it really does help bulk the plants up as well as contribute to good aroma and flavor. I stopped using it once when I ran out... I noticed an immediate change in a strain that I'm very familiar with.. when I went back to the Fl Bloom, the strain came back to the form we all loved and knew.. I'm not an epsom salts guy, so I have no advice on it. I'm a firm believer in H&G's Roots Excellerator (or what ever they call it, too stoned to get up and look) as well as drip clean.. the stuff works.. don't ask me how, it just does. I'm kinda excited to get back to H&G.. I got away from it last year and used the Lucas formula exclusively and noticed a drop in yield, so back I go to H&G. I just cant do their ridiculously complex feeding regimen. I hated the shooting powder! I've got 2 packs of it that will probably never be opened.. unless I have a plant I want to see burst into flames. Have fun!

Yeah your def right on Silica dude.. One of the key elements that is overlooked a lot and really talked about. But truly truly does make a difference. .Anytime ive ever used a silica product.. My plants ALWAYS are healthier with thicker stems. Just tougher overall. A lot more resistance to droughts.. HEAT and Pests.. and u could just tell right away after using it the leaves get this Waxy Coat on the surface of the leaves and like shiny.. And not Shiny in the way when you over dose on Nitrogen or anything. But like Nice and Shiny healthy leaves and they Stand up Straight and like point towards the lights.. meant to do all that basically.. And lemme say that if Silica does all that to just make your plants so much more healthier in turn that creates bigger and better flowers .. Due to the stems being able to support heavier buds so they know that they are able to grow bigger buds cause of the plant knowing it could support it.. Bigger stems usually turn into bigger buds imo.. So def something to look into.. I believe H&G might or did come out with a Silica Additive Or are working on it.. Im not 100% on if the full line contains any traces of Silica at all. I think i might of saw somewhere that Amino Treatment might have some in it.. DO NOT QUOTE ME on that i will find out for sure from a rep...

Also dude.. I def hear mixed things about the Shooting Powder .. Some people hate it some people say it added so much weight or buds to there plants.. I dont know man.. Im almost up to the point where i am supposed to add it in. and like i keep going back and forth from the SP, and the KB powder.. I dont know what to do and i have like 6 Packs of the stuff they keep sending me free shit matter of fact.. Today i got a package in the mail randomly with a nice T-Shirt and THIS:

picture.php

5 Bottles of Roots Excel
3 Bottles of Magic Green (Foilar Spray)
2 Packets of Shooting Powder

I already have a few of each.
Shit man this is way to much for me.. I already got sent 3 Full Kits FullLine samples.. Coco , Aqua, and Soil with every Additive. each kit

Let me know if anyone wants some for real.. Ill send it over

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 11

SMOKE-ONE

How early do yall start using roots excel?I usually wait a couple of weeks after the seeds sprout.But Im thinking about starting them on roots excel,sea green,and protekt a lil earlier than usual.