What's new

House & Garden Nutrients

pinche

if your drifts that much then thats basically how mine is ...but im runnin 10 gallon res small recirc pump no salt build up just some algae ...as far as nutes go im going coco a&B drip, roots, b-1, cal mag , fulvic, and silica

T

TribalSeeds

if your drifts that much then thats basically how mine is ...but im runnin 10 gallon res small recirc pump no salt build up just some algae ...as far as nutes go im going coco a&B drip, roots, b-1, cal mag , fulvic, and silica

Algae blooms cant be good. Id look into using a black rubbermaid trash can or someting similar. Ive read that theyre supposed to be food safe? Ive never seen anything bloom on a res or my coco/pots.
You might want to experiement without the calmag, or atleast cut back. I havent needed it for my last 2 crops on CNS17 or Flakes. Then again I havent added other things to the formula. Flakes should contain ample amounts of Iron, Cal and Mg.
I tried Diamond Nectar Fulvic/Humic in my res and it didnt go very well for me. After about 48-72 hours I had crap all over the bottom of the res. I didnt notice a problem with a sample bottle of Mad Farmers NUTS, but decided to not include it in my feeds.
Im trying to use the Fulvic I have after I brew a tea. I think Im going to discontinue the tea on my next run and just use the rest of my Flakes bottles and then think about a cheaper alternative.

pinche

ya ill try cutting back on the cal mag....i think my bottle of silica went bad there was stuff floating around in it so i might cut that as well just process of elimination i guess

i had great success with just the a and b. i did find that i needed to add cal and i use drip clean because i run blumats.

I second this. Used just a+b, drip clean, top booster(once), shooting powder and CAPS packs and the quality was top notch. I do use RootsExcel in the cloner and early on in veg but don't use it through flower..

O

otis33

What ec are you guys feeding in flower i'm@ 1.8 in my 3rd week of veg following feed chart

mjactivist

Hey Otis, depending on the conversion factor 1.8 ec can be 900 ppm, 1152 ppm, 1260 ppm tds. When vegging I try to stay below 1.5 ec. and when flowering I stay below 2.0 ec.

I dont ever ever want to be above 2.0ec/1400ppms.

Plus U always want ur base nutes(H&G AF,Coco,Bio,Soil... A&B) to be 70% of ur final desired EC/ppm. So when I peak, I have 1.4ec/980ppms of the 2.0ec/1400ppm in my base nutrients.

Hope this helps
L8
MJ

O

otis33

thanks for the reply, I am switching from humbolt 3 part, and going
by their feed chart I was feeding at 2.8 and would have gone higher had my leaves not started to claw prompting me to get a meter. I felt like I should be around 2, but its nice to be reassured, being a new grower

timmy

Just tried their coco a+b, very impressed.
I'll definitely be tried some of the additives soon.
Shooting Powder's first.

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
how much shooting powder for a gallon do ya use, i did the nutrient calculator an it says 3 gr per 5 L...

From my previous post, you can probably determine that I'm not a fan of this product.. I'd try 1 gr per gallon to start and see how you go.. I used the 'recommended' dosage and burned the crap out of my plants.. After a flush with clear water for a few days, they came back into it, but I think it did more damage than good.. maybe it's formulated for tomatoes or something..

mgk :tiphat:

BroughtSuperior

Veteran
MaynardG_Krebs ,thanks man i will be carfull, i have used it in the past, like 1 teaspoon per gallon, the only thing i have noticed that all people talk is the foxtails wen ya use it.

jahovia

From my previous post, you can probably determine that I'm not a fan of this product.. I'd try 1 gr per gallon to start and see how you go.. I used the 'recommended' dosage and burned the crap out of my plants.. After a flush with clear water for a few days, they came back into it, but I think it did more damage than good.. maybe it's formulated for tomatoes or something..

you gotta cut your base nutes and anything else your feeding in half, at least. can even just feed the shooting powder. that shit works great, you just have to cut everything else way back

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
yup, they say to go to 1.2 EC and then and the shooting powder...

Who says that? I never saw anything in their literature or on their feeding charts about cutting back anything at the time of the use of Shooting Powder... not saying it's not a good idea, but if there's anything in their literature or on their feeding charts/calculator about that, it's new...

Latest posts

Latest posts