What's new

House & Garden Nutrients

d4nk

hey what do all you H&G users think about Drip Clean and beneficial products like Myco Madness and Great White ? would it negatively effect them doing their thing in a Pro-Mix container?
I have been wondering this myself lately. I found mykos only function in conditions where there is less than 50ppm P. Alone the drip clean only has like 26 (if calculated correctly). I know amino treatment also has p and k so I'm not so sure if mykos are going to work. Eventhough I still use it for like 7 bucks a round.

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
Has anybody switched from PBP to H&G? How did it all break down as far as final yields ? Smell and taste?

Anybody having the same success with H&G by just running the A/B and NOT all the additional items?

:tiphat:

TR

TripleDraw27

Veteran
I have great success with just A & B

Hey Green, mind me asking what else you use besides A & B?
I was thinking about the same route..A & B with my current supplements I already own. But every fucking pastey ass " hydro shop guy", is like " use the whole line or you won't benefit". And by the time he is done saying that, theres an ounce of drool on his chin. So I can't believe it.

Green lung

Veteran
Hey Green, mind me asking what else you use besides A & B?
I was thinking about the same route..A & B with my current supplements I already own. But every fucking pastey ass " hydro shop guy", is like " use the whole line or you won't benefit". And by the time he is done saying that, theres an ounce of drool on his chin. So I can't believe it.

I use silica and throw in powder Koolbloom for a booster in flower, thats it really.

I have bottle of top booster i don't really use that much.

I have a bottle of drip clean and roots excel too that barely get used. I never really noticed any difference when I used it and when i didn't.

I'l probably look to get some pure flower or whatever krunch said and see how that works.

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Question:

Plants will be starting week 4 in a week. I will be adding Top Booster for 4 days and Bud XL from week 4 - 8.

Do I use BUD XL every day for four weeks?? I feed everyday currently with just A+B.

mjactivist

VagPuncher- I like to start Bud XL earlier then week 4, but at lower amounts then what they suggest. It helps keep plants from stretching.
Anyway back to your question.
Yea use it everyday u feed.
Hope this helps
L8
MJ

d4nk

I love amino treatment, I might go less on it in the first few weeks of flower, and use something different for pk. I add it to my magic green as well.
I use h and g coco and their coco and still need to add 1ml a gal of general organics ca+mg. I add before I ph and before I add additives. Should I continue this or add with my other additives since it is organic

Cartel530

Veteran
FYI: Buying A and B in the 5 gallon drops the price to about $4/L compared to $16/L
You get the A and B for $175. This is for soil as i have been running it outdoors :)

T

TribalSeeds

Homebrewer-
"All" nutrients are shot the dark. Some are good, and some are better. I'm a current fan of Fox farm right now; however H&G are very pro rated. Try them out and you will surely be impressed. Just try one or two of their products and you will start to trust them. I'm not a salesman. I've never worried about "guarantees" before.

Try roots excelurator it's F'ing amazing!!! It cuts veg times down by days. It's expensive however I've had mine in the fridge for 5 months and its still 1/2 full. It gets plants ready to flower when you need them. It's great. With one product you can get better yields by making bigger plants! I also love the shooting powder!

Biatch- rocking the H & G!

H&G says to store nutes between 44-86F. Your fridge should be kept below 40F to avoid bacteria.
GH told me putting their nutes in the fridge is one of the only things you could to them that could jack them up.
A guy in the hydro store told me you can store nutes in the fridge but you have to leave them out the day before you use them
I saw a message from AN saying that if you store your nutes in the fridge you have to put them back in right away so that condensation doesnt build up in the bottle
Just store your nutes like everyone else - not in the fridge
Peace

Im a New England medical patient and have been using House&Garden for a few years with my hydro and coco. Their whole line of nutrients works very well and is good enough for any grower. Their A&B is excellent and has worked extremely well for me, while as a few of the micro-nutrients are expensive and I have recently found out are replaceable with some other lines nutrients thats work just as well for a fraction of the price.

pinche

this will be my first run with h&g but ive been having ph swings in my reservoir when i go to water my plants ......anyone else have any info maybe suggestions for me

mjactivist

Pinche- H&G base nutes are u need to ph. The additives dont effect the ph.

Example- (w/10gallon rez)
Add 5 gallons of water then add A
Add the other 5 gallons of water and add B
Then ph to 5.8
Then add the additives

Hope this helps
L8
MJ

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i had great success with just the a and b. i did find that i needed to add cal and i use drip clean because i run blumats.

T

TribalSeeds

this will be my first run with h&g but ive been having ph swings in my reservoir when i go to water my plants ......anyone else have any info maybe suggestions for me

Are you using tap?
My PH stays right where I want it for a week w/RO water and A/B+Silica and sometimes KB

pinche

im using ro but when i ph i add everything let it brew for an hour or two then ph after ...could a recirc pump be making the res to warm and creating bad bacteria in the res possibly throwing it off ?

T

TribalSeeds

Mine drifts from about 5.5 to about 6.1
Sounds like youre using an airstone? They can harbor bacteria and jackup your PH. Im using an auto top off res with an overflow that creates a lot of do without a stone.
How big is your res? A smaller res could warm up quicker. Do you monitor temps?
Are you letting them fully dilute into the water before mixing in another component? Any salt chunks in the res?
Are you using the full line? What additives? I dont know anything about them. I own RE but never left it in a res before.