B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
I am thinkin of doing a run with this stuff
I use Drip Clean and Roots Excelerator
might do a whole run soon????

maxmurder

Veteran
i would- my finished product really improved, so much that i have personally taken 5 different friends to the store and got on the program, all 5 are backin it..

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
i am 100% sold on H&G!!! i just pulled my biggest harvest yet! 14.2#'s off 6 lights. that's 2.35#/light!! so, i'm not changing anything...and the quality is badass...i am a dedicated fan of H&G!! highly recommend it!

Do you have any pics? Thanks for sharing your exp with Humboldt Nutrients Master A&B as I had be very interested in that line minus a few things. How do you compare Roots Excelurator to Humboldt Roots? Did you just follow the hydro/coco/aqua chart? I'm running 8ml Cocos A&B and 1.1ml Roots Excelurator right now with 2ml Multi Zen in veg and foliar feeding with Magic Green using Humboldt Nutrients Sticky for my wetting agent. I messed up and did it with lights on a few times and I've got a couple of what look like lil burn/rust marks on a few leaves anybody got a clue what that is? Should I not run Multi Zen every time I water?

turgor

Thundurkel - i do have some pics, i'll get em up soon. gotta transfer off my cam. roots exelurator and humboldt roots are pretty similar. i do like h&g's a little better, though. i follow the coco chart. dont run multi-zen in veg. you want to use algen extract in veg. wait till flip before you start using multi-zen. don't need humboldt's sticky for a wetting agent with magic green. magic green already has wetting agent in it. it's perfectly blended, don't change it!! the burn/rust marks are prolly a photo-toxicity issue because you foliar'd with the lights on. always use foliars/pesticides right when lights go out for the day. when you start using multi-zen in bloom then yes, you use it every time. i feed every single time i water. that's why i use drip clean. it prevents salt build up from always feeding.

Dumb question of the day...

Just to clarify, I shouldn't use tap water with chloramine if I am using Algen Extract, Roots Excel, and/or Multi Zen???

I guess the next question is, would anyone recommend a specific filter array I can purchase to provide clean water for 400+gallons of Ebb/Flow reservoirs.
My source water has: .2 EC , 8.0pH, 50ppm CaCo3, and is sanitized with chloramine.

I have been looking into buying the Carbon block Chloramine filter as well as a RO/DI unit from here: http://thefilterguys.biz/chloramine_filters.htm
My concern is the amount of water I need in two rooms 30 feet apart. At only 150gpd, I may need to buy two complete systems in order to maintain one hundred gallon storage tanks in both rooms.

This feels like I am over complicating things??? Is their a better way?

thanks
H

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I'm a bit confused as I was told H&G is made to be used with tap water as it has no calcium in it and that's why folks that run straight RO run into some problems. I know my buddy here on IC mjactivist who got me to make the switch to H&G uses a 50/50 mix of tap and RO I think with a 100ppm hopefully he can clarify this for us.

mjactivist

Dude, u asked this in the other thread a few days ago.
H&G has the most Ca in any base nutes, I believe Coco A has 12% calcium.
I've never really needed to add Calmg to H&G.
Now, u got that EC meter u can get everything dialed in.
Have Fun.
L8
MJ

Alrighty... In Krunch's MPB thread, he recommended the Tall Boy filter from Hydro Logic after I asked about his water filtration scheme.

The more I think about it, I think the Chloramine in my tap water is what caused most of my issues with coco and pH. I guess things were so good for me with Dutch Master because I was not using any additives for the chloramine to attack.

H

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Dude, u asked this in the other thread a few days ago.
H&G has the most Ca in any base nutes, I believe Coco A has 12% calcium.
I've never really needed to add Calmg to H&G.
Now, u got that EC meter u can get everything dialed in.
Have Fun.
L8
MJ

Now I'm really confused bro cuz you said it didn't have Ca I could've swore. I know neither my bottle of A or B has any Ca listed just Mg is listed at .8% do they not have to show it? I'm just trying to learn as much as I can about H&G nutrients now that I am using the line and plan to stick with it and dial it in perfect and make all my friends feel stupid that doubt it...

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
hard to find the whole line anywhere locally, need to go the net for delivery. sucks but in a year hopefully will be more common. only roots excelerator is at my hydro store, gonna ask em to get the line of additives for me.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea I'm a lucky one and my shop by my house is a H&G distributor even on the H&G site as a dealer and have all their stuff and Mad Pharmer which the shop owner said they were owned by H&G and that's been known for some time now.

Balazar

The nute schedule for aquaflakes says to use RO. However I have been doing a side by side RO vs filtered water. So far the filtered water wins for me. I end up adding CaMg+ with RO and no hiccups with filtered water. I use 2 sediment filters then 2 stages of charcoal filters that eliminate chlorine/chloramine. You can build your own setup. The hydro logic ones are way over priced.

W

W.P.

Yes keep us posted on the results. I really thought that eliminating the Cal/ mag would do it, but I got what looks like a slight mag diff. going on in 2nd week veg. Im using aquaFlakes dtw in coco / perlite.

I had good results starting at 5 mill per gallon and cutting it out all together around week 4-5(the cal/mag+), really interested in trying the coco version out as I still think that there is too much cal in the coco causing the problems.

slowandeasy

Veteran
Now I'm really confused bro cuz you said it didn't have Ca I could've swore. I know neither my bottle of A or B has any Ca listed just Mg is listed at .8% do they not have to show it? I'm just trying to learn as much as I can about H&G nutrients now that I am using the line and plan to stick with it and dial it in perfect and make all my friends feel stupid that doubt it...

The 1st ingredient in Coco A is Calcium Nitrate, which means it is the most abudent nutrient in the mix. Coco B has Magnesium. According to H&G it is meant to be used with low ppm, which means RO water should work fine. I am interested in this line, but it is hard to find and I want to see the results of the 6/9 plush Kool Bloom Powder. So far they are doing great, and it is my 1st run in Coco...so I can only compare to previous Hydro Grows. Good luck

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
The 1st ingredient in Coco A is Calcium Nitrate, which means it is the most abudent nutrient in the mix. Coco B has Magnesium. According to H&G it is meant to be used with low ppm, which means RO water should work fine. I am interested in this line, but it is hard to find and I want to see the results of the 6/9 plush Kool Bloom Powder. So far they are doing great, and it is my 1st run in Coco...so I can only compare to previous Hydro Grows. Good luck

I think H&G is just saying to not use the stuff with hard to very hard water. I'm lucky enough to have tap water that is extremely low as far as chlorine/chloramine etc as well as precipitous hardness (60ppm) and both Aquaflakes and the Coco formulas work fine. I started using the H&G line running DWC buckets. It worked fine, but I decided Coco was more my style, less fiddly. In Coco, I've never seen my plants look happier! I add no cal/mg supplements. All of them are bright green and the leaves all standing up like a teenager on prom night. If you've got water that is high in precipitous hardness, you would want to do some RO or other effective filtration. Hope it all works out for ya.

mgk :tiphat:

Balazar

The coco formula is made for drain to waist. if you were not constantly changing your res or letting some nute solution runoff than that would be why your ph became unstable. I think aquaflakes is superior even when using coir.

As far as the side by side goes in the RO side I have been adding CaMg+ once in a while when they need it. I have been folier spraying both sides with a silica supplement. Like I said filtered water is the winner right now. I don't have to mess with RO storage tanks to change the res, no more expensive RO membranes, and no more buying CaMg+ to fix the deficiency of CaMg. The filters I use are not too expensive and if you change the sediment filters often the chem filters last much much longer.

W

W.P.

The coco formula is made for drain to waist. if you were not constantly changing your res or letting some nute solution runoff than that would be why your ph became unstable. I think aquaflakes is superior even when using coir.

As far as the side by side goes in the RO side I have been adding CaMg+ once in a while when they need it. I have been folier spraying both sides with a silica supplement. Like I said filtered water is the winner right now. I don't have to mess with RO storage tanks to change the res, no more expensive RO membranes, and no more buying CaMg+ to fix the deficiency of CaMg. The filters I use are not too expensive and if you change the sediment filters often the chem filters last much much longer.

why aqua superior? what your ec of 'filtered' water? Not worried about NA?(salt)