What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

House & Garden.....lets chat!!!

Yea man....better results with FF. :) With multiple indica strains nonetheless.

I got it down to basically feed feed feed with FF. Its just not as high octane as H&G. Always N tox with the H&G and we know that hurts the yield.

Backed off the base nutes a bit and elft everything else the same. Still didn't get 4oz per plant. Run em on FF...4.5oz per plant. IDK man.....just sayin.....FF rules. I run most. FF still rules. :)

stuntedgrowth

novice using H&G

novice using H&G

I am a novice grower. Have only used H&G according to their feed schedule. The only non-H&G stuff I use in my recirculatin DWC system is hygrozym and Great White.

My results have been this: when a seasoned grower looks at my garden he says, "holey crap how long have you been growing?" and my fellow novices who visit say, "holey crap how did you do that?". This product line has made me look like I really know what I'm doing, when in fact I do not. I just followed the feeding schedule and covered the basics of growing (ventilation, lighitng , etc). The most important thing to remember is to use the shooting powder per the instructions on the package. Set EC to 1.2 and then add the shooting powder. I would recommend this line to anyone especially folks just starting up.

GanjaPharma

I got a TON of free nutes from H&G last year, did an entire 10kw run using their whole lineup.
cocosAB was neither better nor worse, then my usual maxibloom.
i couldnt point to the plants and say WOW those are better/worse than normal....just looked about the same.
the topmax or the shooting powder...or mebe both...did some wonky foxtail voodoo on my girls, I did NOT like that. i wont ever put that shit on my plants again.

so its been a year, and i had 10 gallons of aquaflakes in the garage. my dad tried em out in his DWC's and was VERY impressed. he was running all his tanks with maxibloom, switched one over to aquaflakes, and the root growth was explosive. as a test, he yanked one of his other plants out of the maxibloom tank and stuck it in with the aquaflakes tank. BAM, 1 week later , tons of explosive growth.
now he is a convert for life. someone needs to get him an H&G t-shirt, he would prolly wear it to bed.

so my review on H&G?
A/B is eh....ok
topmax/shooting powder is BAD
Dripclean is as always the SHIT for a no-runoff grower.
and aquaflakes makes my dad cry with happiness

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
I got a TON of free nutes from H&G last year, did an entire 10kw run using their whole lineup.
cocosAB was neither better nor worse, then my usual maxibloom.
i couldnt point to the plants and say WOW those are better/worse than normal....just looked about the same.
the topmax or the shooting powder...or mebe both...did some wonky foxtail voodoo on my girls, I did NOT like that. i wont ever put that shit on my plants again.

so its been a year, and i had 10 gallons of aquaflakes in the garage. my dad tried em out in his DWC's and was VERY impressed. he was running all his tanks with maxibloom, switched one over to aquaflakes, and the root growth was explosive. as a test, he yanked one of his other plants out of the maxibloom tank and stuck it in with the aquaflakes tank. BAM, 1 week later , tons of explosive growth.
now he is a convert for life. someone needs to get him an H&G t-shirt, he would prolly wear it to bed.

so my review on H&G?
A/B is eh....ok
topmax/shooting powder is BAD
Dripclean is as always the SHIT for a no-runoff grower.
and aquaflakes makes my dad cry with happiness

This was like reading my own thoughts on H&G.. after reading (and believing) all the hype about this holy grail of a product line. I was doing dwc when I first started using H&G a but got sick of the air pumps and tubing etc, so I switched over to Coco. I'm a small closet grower and I run a perpetual harvest type program. After running it for a few months and seeing my plants burn in the final couple weeks of flower and stall, I started backing off on their recommended dosages, I started having 'ok' results, but nothing that was better than my previous nute line. Shooting powder is the best way to screw your harvest all to hell. Foxtailing, burning, and plain old going backwards. I don't want to sound like I'm totally bashing the product, because once I stopped using their recommended dosage, and stopped using the shooting powder (I have my own similar nickname for that product), I was growing plants that were about the same as my normal nutrient lineup. Sorry for the rambling post.. I've since gone back to my old nutrient regimen and having my normal results. I would still like to try to find something that actually works better than the norm, but really don't know what to try next. I'm a firm believer in 'dont fix it if it aint broke', but I'm always interested in a 'better way'.

mgk :tiphat:

Im almost through with my first run with H&G and the girls all look happy but I'm kinda scared to use the shooting powder because of all the bad stuff I've read here. Has anyone else used maxibloom with H&G??? What about bloombastic???

Darth Fader

Was doing a test for enzyme products. I hate to say it as Im a fan of H&G nutrients, but they failed miserbly on the enzyme test......

Tested H&G's Multi-Zen against Hesi's Power Zyme, and Canna's Cannazyme. Cannazyme and Hesi both blew H&G out of the water.....no pun intended.....

If you want to duplicate the test and see how your zyme product of choice works try this...

Get 3 STERILE test tubes (preferably glass). Use a tablespoon of your zyme product in one and the competition in the other and plain tap water in the 3rd for a control. Now cut equal 1 inch x 1 inch square pieces of paper. Put a square of paper in each tube. Wait about 12 hours and start to stir and mix each tube. A GOOD zyme product will disolve the paper in 12 hours completly. This demonstrates the ability of the product to disolve organic matter, like dead roots for example.

It appears that Power Zyme by Hesi is the cheapest and will hang with the best performing and most expensive which was Cannazyme.

H&G's Multi-Zen did NOTHING to the paper after DAYS! The multi-zen evaporated and the rest soaked up by the piece of paper......

Cannazyme completly disolved the paper in 12 to 14 hours.

Hesi Power Zyme did the same but took a while longer to disolve the paper.

Peace!

Just for shits & giggles I tried to reproduce this test with three 'zyme products I had hanging around: Hygrozyme, MultiZen, and Kangroots. Used 5ml ea. in shot glasses with a small square of 2-ply paper towel. Figured that would be much easier to break down than paper. Well - 12 hrs and nothing, 24 hrs and nothing, 48 hrs and nothing, 72 hrs and nothing.

Conclusion: Either this test is BS or all these products are BS. Thought you'd all like to know. And please, if anyone wants to go for it w/ some other products, please do.

:tiphat: g'day!

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
So far I like the Line. Fearin the shootin powder is just common sense IMHO. It seems to enhance Greed.. I can be an 'if a little is good, a lot must be better' kind o guy..

Green lung

Veteran
Just for shits & giggles I tried to reproduce this test with three 'zyme products I had hanging around: Hygrozyme, MultiZen, and Kangroots. Used 5ml ea. in shot glasses with a small square of 2-ply paper towel. Figured that would be much easier to break down than paper. Well - 12 hrs and nothing, 24 hrs and nothing, 48 hrs and nothing, 72 hrs and nothing.

Conclusion: Either this test is BS or all these products are BS. Thought you'd all like to know. And please, if anyone wants to go for it w/ some other products, please do.

Interesting.........You should put some roots in there and see what happens?

Green lung

Veteran
I just switched over recently and I'm loving it. I have coco a and b, multi zen, roots excel, drip clean, and just got some powdered KoolBloom.

I had been using KISS maxibloom with goods results, but I did notice a difference when I switched half way through to H & G, just using the A&B plants looked much more vibrant.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran

Or thats a damn good Brand of paper towel.. sorry

It's been two and a half weeks since I chopped my first harvest powered by H&G and I'm very happy. All my plants were very healthy and happy. The yield was slightly better than with Foxfarm. It looks super crystally and tastes amazing. The roots ex is the shit too.

The test are legit I assure you, been running these test for years now.

Kangaroots is a biological support additive so it should not have even been included in your test.

Previous test have already shown that the Multizen product did NOTHING to the piece of paper and was the WORST performing enzyme product out of all we tested.

If you pick up some Cannazyme and do this test it will disolve the paper in 24 hours or less. So far I have seen no other enzyme product that will do this besides Cannazyme, and the Hesi product coming in second place. The Hesi product broke almost all of the paper down, but there were some small traces of it left.

We still have not teted Hygrozyme yet or Sensizyme.

Peace!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
ah, the coveted pure flowers. now the players are coming out!

grapeman - you dont see it discussed because no one knows about it. phosphite, its where its at! 1 mil per gallon for the pure flowers, ive had a botle last me 2 years.

opt1c - bet it gets great results in your dwc

Krunch you still using this?

Latest posts

Latest posts