What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

House & Garden.....lets chat!!!

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
I just started using the H&G line in my new run for this year. First time doing DWC bubblers. I have a Whiteberry that is just exploding on this stuff and then I have a Sagamatha NL#9 that is doing horrible. The leave on the NL looked burnt, so I dropped down to a weakened nute solution and it seemed to recover. I put it back up to normal level and the burn/wilt came back. Right next to it is the WB and it's just bustin out. I don't understand. I've got a Swiss Cheese and a Double Bubbleberry that are a few weeks behind them. The Swiss Cheese seems to like it well and the DBB has not gotten to the point where I want to introduce the nutes yet. The one thing I noticed right out was the pH seemed to be a lot more stable with this than the GH run I did last year. It's early in the project, so I'm not real concerned. More concerned about the order of beans I put in 3 weeks ago that are not here yet. (arg) This is going to be an attempt at a perpetual harvest type thing with 2 other boxes running for veg and the other box to take the plants thru their first 2 weeks of flower. Hopefully be able to harvest a plant every week or so whenst the whole thing get's rollin.

mgk :smokey:

pedrodepaco

good shit. so the pure flowers beats shooting powder. Do you add it like you would with the h&G feeding chart or earlier

grapeman

Veteran
ah, the coveted pure flowers. now the players are coming out!

grapeman - you dont see it discussed because no one knows about it. phosphite, its where its at! 1 mil per gallon for the pure flowers, ive had a botle last me 2 years.

opt1c - bet it gets great results in your dwc

You got it Krunch - I used to apply X number of lbs./acre of P using phos acid in the vineyard. Then in the late '80's or early '90's I started using phosphite as a foliar (too expensive to use through the drip system on a large scale) and cut my phos acid use down to practically nothing, just an early shot at root flush in the spring, using phosphite as a foliar the rest of the season... especially at fruit set and veraison.

I have been wondering why no one used it here as it is the bomb.

You guys are on top of your game. I'll be getting some pre-flower for this grow. Does Pure-Flower have a foliar rate?

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
using phosphite as a foliar the rest of the season... especially at fruit set and veraison.
what is veraison?
probably specific to viticulture, but I'm still interested!
i love crossover applications!

grapeman

Veteran
what is veraison?
probably specific to viticulture, but I'm still interested!
i love crossover applications!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veraison

Simply put, veraison is the moment when berries, which grow in size from flowering on, change from being hard to softening or spongy. That is the moment the fruit begins to accumulate sugars and reduce it's acid levels.

I always used Phosphites during the hard berry stages of growth, trying to make sure I had high levels of P & K in the vines system just before veraison. I would guess that I would want to start using this here @ the second week of flower onward, maybe peaking on week 5 on a 8 week strain (foliar sprays). Krunch would know. For me and my strains, it seems that is when I can see the need for more P. I will figure it out. I ordered a Qt today and it will be here in 48 hours. This product has a high level of K also. In our ag product, we could get it with or without the K. I would prefer to have both. without K early in 12/12, and with K later in flower.

But that's just me guessing, since I'm no expert here.

opt1c

Veteran
people around here, from what i can tell and myself included, don't really foliar that much into flower if at all past the first week or two. easier to wash off a grape's skin than a trich eh?

1ml/gal is the recommended dose.. it's 0-30-20 at 1ml; super concentrated... you get your money's worth for sure

heheh @krunch... here i am staring at a pottle of ful-power in my nute cupboard; you're up on that too eh ;) u like dutch master penetrator as well or do you have a different preferred wetting agent like coco-wet or whatnot? Fav carb loading product? all the things h&g line is lacking

opt1c

Veteran
i use pure flowers like weeks 4-8 for a 10 week strain but that's just me... i also run by ppm and not ml/gal or anything like that so i'm probably not the best to chime in

i've primarily used ful-power as a foliar during veg but have also added it to the res; it can be used throughout the grow if you feel so inclined but i use it rather sparingly.. if i remember correctly humic/fulvic acids are best before transition and into early flower but i'm sure they're beneficial throughout the entire grow; could b wrong on that one though... i start adding them half way though veg and then into about week 3 of flowering

kashinc

well I think im just going to try 1ml/gal of pure flowers weeks 4-8 instead of the shooting powder and see how it goes. I will keep you guys posted.

grapeman

Veteran
I know you folks don't like to foliar in flower much, but phosphites work much better in a foliar application then in soil or hydro. Foliar does not bother me up to 5 or 6 weeks into a grow as I try to hit only the fan leaves and P is mobile in the plant.

The product I've used for years in the fields on grapes is called Nutri-Phite, and yes I have been reading nute labels on products in hydro stores for several years looking for Phosphites.

Thanks again Krunch.

I've burned leaves with the Ag grade product and didn't want to do the math (or trust myself) involved in converting lbs./acre to individual plants, as these plants have a more valuable crop.

Since this Pure Flower does not have much documentation or Label information, I thought some of you might want to read a bit about Phosphites on an Ag Label from the maker of Nutri-Phite, .

http://www.biagro.com/nutri_phite/np_html/np_chem_diff.html

L-Immortal

I am a bit different than optc 1, I run mine weeks 6-9 on my 10 week strains, would start earlier but "big bud" is running week 2-5. I push it a bit longer because I dont need a long flush with the allmighty drip clean running from week 1 of veg all the way until harvest.

i use pure flowers like weeks 4-8 for a 10 week strain but that's just me...

L-Immortal

wow! someone who knows about pure flowers! i dont see this nutrient discussed at all, best pk booster you can use......
i am now using fulv-power with my h@g, plants seem to absolutely love it...
KB

Old skool clever katz like yourself and others that know what’s up are using it because it's tried and true. However it doesn’t get all kinds of pub these days, no glamorous advertising budget basically.

Could you imagine if it was in the advanced nutrients line? Shit if it was it would be known for curing world hunger and the only known cure for cancer.:D

Well I am about 35 days into 12/12 on a batch using the entire Soil line from H&G and I must say, shit is jammin!!! Everything is 200% healthy and green. Not a speck, def or tox goin on anywhere and I been doin what they said to.....feed, feed, feed, feed, feed.

I will say if yer growing more than 6 plants, you better buy the 5L base nutes....you BLOW through them. Everything else is small amounts but the bases go fast. But they are cheap too.

So far, I am very impressed with H&G nutes. :dance013:

L-Immortal

bump ^^^

What do you guys think about the algen extract? I just got some and gonna test out, any feedback would be cool...

grapeman

Veteran
My local shop doesn't carry "algen extract" all the time. I bought some last grow and used it through veg at 1 to 2 ml/gal (depending on my mood) and it did no harm. Couldn't tell you if it was any better then the maxi-crop I used during the previous grow mixed in with all the other h & G stuff.

Well ok. Last night I gave my H&G test batch their final feeding. Will flush them when they are dry.

Here's what I can say about H&G nutes so far......

1. Excellent product, my plants stayed super healthy through flowering
2. Pain in the ass to have to mix 2 batches of nutes a week, instead of doing feed, water, feed
3. The effects of Shooting Powder can be noticed. I am doing a side by side comparison....plants that got SP def have morphed out bud structure.

4. Even doing a feed feed feed feed feed regiment, I saw no over fertilization.....except in one strain. There were no burns on this strain, but the leaves were very dark green, curled and clawed. Seems like N tox to me.

Overall, without sampling the meds and seeing the weight, I think I am sticking with my Fox Farm lineup. Used it for years and I think I have it dialed in very well.

I will forever use Roots Excelerator tho!!! Definitely a hell of a product.

I will get some bud shots up of the test run very soon. ;)