What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

House & Garden.....lets chat!!!

turgor

Awesome thread, thanks! i just bought the full H&G cocos line and i'm excited to run it. I used the full Humboldt Nutrients Master A/B line in my last grow. I'm getting close to harvest and I will say this grow looks better than anything I've done so far. The crystal production is like nothing I've ever seen...but...damn, Humboldt is SO EXPENSIVE. Cost me about $1100 to run the full line. F*ck that!!! My buddy uses H&G and gets incredible numbers and quality and it's half the price of Humboldt so I'm switching for my next grow!! I will post results...

Last edited:
Eh....I suffer from the perfectionist disease. Just bought another fifty 1 mL and 3 mL droppers. LOL. Why risk it is my mentality.

Sorry Trillion....Algen is the only thing I don't have. Can't tell ya anything about it at this point....maybe someone else can.

Turgor....cheers man. Yes Humboldt is expensive and the owner is a penis. Shitty customer service from him directly. Look forward to chatting more H&G with you.

turgor

admiral canna, or anyone...the only thing that confuses me about H&G is that there is no phosphorous for the first 4 or 5 weeks of bloom. how is this? most product lines hit hard with a bloom booster the first week of flower to trigger them into flower faster. either way, i'm gonna run H&G. just wondered if anyone else has thought about this...

Good question...made me look. From their site.......the base nutes do have some "P" but not much. The Drip Clean, however, is about 18% "P". I don't really grasp that myself.....but it would lead one to believe that the phosphorous majority does come from Drip Clean.

Anyone else got thoughts on that?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
admiral canna, or anyone...the only thing that confuses me about H&G is that there is no phosphorous for the first 4 or 5 weeks of bloom. how is this? most product lines hit hard with a bloom booster the first week of flower to trigger them into flower faster. either way, i'm gonna run H&G. just wondered if anyone else has thought about this...

i thought about that as well, so i just integrated the AN big bud for the first 4 weeks. this is my first run using it, extremely pleased with the results....

grapeman

Veteran
Did 3 grows in RDWC with H & G. Used their full line as directed with RO water. I always experienced some sort of lock out of one form or another. Tried both their "Hydro" line and their "Aqua flakes" line with simular results.

I do like their "Root Excelerator", "Algen Extract" and "Drip Clean" and "Magic Green".

I am doing a coco/soil grow atm with their "Bio 1 Component" base and remain unimpressed overall with all 4 grows. Not that they weren't successful, just thought they were lacking in something resulting in slight mg problems and even at the "agressive" rates, I showed a P deficiency always at the beginning of week 3 of flower.

I thought it was my strain, which I selected a mom from a 60 seed grow. You know, like a genetic problem. but I am doing about 1/3 of this grow with some Blue Dream clones and I have the same problem, maybe slightly less pronounced.

krunchbubble

Veteran
Did 3 grows in RDWC with H & G. Used their full line as directed with RO water. I always experienced some sort of lock out of one form or another. Tried both their "Hydro" line and their "Aqua flakes" line with simular results.

I do like their "Root Excelerator", "Algen Extract" and "Drip Clean" and "Magic Green".

I am doing a coco/soil grow atm with their "Bio 1 Component" base and remain unimpressed overall with all 4 grows. Not that they weren't successful, just thought they were lacking in something resulting in slight mg problems and even at the "agressive" rates, I showed a P deficiency always at the beginning of week 3 of flower.

I thought it was my strain, which I selected a mom from a 60 seed grow. You know, like a genetic problem. but I am doing about 1/3 of this grow with some Blue Dream clones and I have the same problem, maybe slightly less pronounced.

did you supplement with any kind of cal mag? excess calcium will cause p lockout, ive experienced this problem with h@g, but only supplementing with cal mag a full strength. i know use 1/2 strength every other es change, i dont get p lockout anymore...

grapeman

Veteran
did you supplement with any kind of cal mag? excess calcium will cause p lockout, ive experienced this problem with h@g, but only supplementing with cal mag a full strength. i know use 1/2 strength every other es change, i dont get p lockout anymore...

Thanks for the tip krunch - that could be the issue.

Good info for sure. ^^^

I am getting to abotu 14 days 12/12 and the newest growth at the top of the canopy is slightly yellow.

I recently went from 3 600's to 2 1000's and 1 600. The new batches are under the 1000 watters.

Heard some people say that happens cuz the light is more intense, so the plants grow faster, and the chlorophyll may not have made it to the newest growth? It makes sense, but not sure thats 100% true.

The other theory I have is that since H&G is lower in P than I had originally noticed, maybe its a slight P def? The plants are stunning, with the exception of this slight yellow, which is only at the top....newest growth only.

Any takers?

turgor

admiral canna - so, h&g's website is WRONG. i looked on the bottle of a & b and the b does have a higher pk analysis than cocos a. either way, like krunchbubble states, i would use some sort of bloom booster the first week (and shooting powder as finisher). an's big bud, mad farmer's moab or humboldt's big up...any of them will work! choose your poison :)

grapeman - krunchbubble is totally right on the cal/mag. but also, what is your coco/soil blend? 50/50? 20 coco/80 soil? if it's 40% or more of coco then you should be using cocos or aqua flakes and NOT bio 1 component. h&g recommends aqua flakes (recirculating) or cocos a/b for mixtures made up of 40% - 50% (or more) of coir.

grapeman

Veteran
admiral canna - so, h&g's website is WRONG. i looked on the bottle of a & b and the b does have a higher pk analysis than cocos a. either way, like krunchbubble states, i would use some sort of bloom booster the first week (and shooting powder as finisher). an's big bud, mad farmer's moab or humboldt's big up...any of them will work! choose your poison :)

grapeman - krunchbubble is totally right on the cal/mag. but also, what is your coco/soil blend? 50/50? 20 coco/80 soil? if it's 40% or more of coco then you should be using cocos or aqua flakes and NOT bio 1 component. h&g recommends aqua flakes (recirculating) or cocos a/b for mixtures made up of 40% - 50% (or more) of coir.

I am using "Roots Organic" soil mix. I do not know the ratio but I did talk to the reps at Humboldt and they told me no problem with the Bio 1. The only reason I used the bio 1 this grow as I was playing with organic.

Ursus

^^ really? I have some liquid koolbloom left from a previous grow and picked up the h&g aqua flakes, bud xl, and the shooting power a while ago. I'm running just two 5gal pots in a rdwc and usually do half strength aqua flakes. and full strength bud xl ( according to their chart) While im just now 1 week into flowering this sativa (7 weeks total) I never had to change the water and dont think I'll have to until I flush. thumbs up aqua flakes

krunchbubble

Veteran
Copy that, I have a nice humic/fulvic blend that works great and some pure flowers works nice to.

wow! someone who knows about pure flowers! i dont see this nutrient discussed at all, best pk booster you can use......
i am now using fulv-power with my h@g, plants seem to absolutely love it...

pedrodepaco

I like Almost everything H&G. I noticed slow veg growth but never suplemented with the algen extract which I think the problem has always been. Right now my moms are exploding. all they get is the a&b + multizyme. Flowering whith this nute line has been a treat. I go straight by the book pretty much in flower. The first 3 weeks is mainly stretch and root growth. I really dont veg anymore and end up with pretty good size plants. Always over a zip on a plant with no veg thats pretty good. H&G has explosive bud growth as soon as the bud xxl starts getting applied in week 4. I used the shooting powder last run and was impressed It just takes a little mixing. I never bump it up to 2 packs per 25gallons I just 1 pack per res the last 3 weeks. My water comes out of the tap at 300 to 400 ppm And I havent had any problems using it with H&G. Resin production was mad crazy.

grapeman

Veteran
wow! someone who knows about pure flowers! i dont see this nutrient discussed at all, best pk booster you can use......
i am now using fulv-power with my h@g, plants seem to absolutely love it...

Cool. Pure flowers. I've been using phosphite in grape growing for over a decade and I was wondering why none of the mj nute suppliers haven't jumped on this band wagon. Absolutely the bast way to apply P... soil or foliar (just be careful with your rates, can burn).

I'll have to pick up some Pure flower. I was always afraid to use my ag grade phosphite on the indoor grow from fear of burning them.

opt1c

Veteran
heheh all i use is pure flowers for my booster in dwc with dutch master gold; but i guess it'd play nice with h&g too... pure flowers is the bomb... got like 2gals in the back of the closet

krunchbubble

Veteran
ah, the coveted pure flowers. now the players are coming out!

grapeman - you dont see it discussed because no one knows about it. phosphite, its where its at! 1 mil per gallon for the pure flowers, ive had a botle last me 2 years.

opt1c - bet it gets great results in your dwc

Latest posts

Latest posts