What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

House caught fire

shithawk420

Veteran
You should post up a comprehensive list of exactly what materials you need. Load up a Menards or HD cart online and post it up here. It might not be quite as bad as you think. Be easier to pool money towards.

I might be a bit far up for you in the NW suburbs.. but fwiw, I do have some spare lumber and Romex layin around, along with whatever tools you might need. Flooring, electrical, plumbing, roofing, all the fancy lasers and ladders n airless sprayers n oddball shit nobody buys.

I don’t know how far down you stay though. IL is.. pretty tall. I was a gc for ritzy downtown retailers for many years. I don’t know much about fire restoration codes, but if it’s just a matter of getting the burn out, and fresh lumber, sheetrock, and wiring in.. you might be looking at a much smaller bill than you’d think.

Actually I need all that stuff.i think I know where your at too.if you don't mind I'll take whatever your willing to give me or borrow.thank you very much sir

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
....worse comes to worse I can live in the garage and still use the bathroom inside.still haven't showered in over 2 weeks

Hey Man, too bad about the beer but a nice, cold SHOWER will give you a whole new perspective though I'm sure it's not at the top of your 'to do' list.

That garage will come in handy, do you have electric hooked up?:tiphat:

shithawk420

Veteran
No electricity right now.i need to clean and make room in that garage.tonnes of shit my dad left and won't come and get it

Bobby Boucher

A portable tankless water heater/shower stall and 200w solar panel kit would come in clutch af if you intend to stay in the garage.

No TV no hot water make Bobby something something..

M

moose eater

No electricity right now.i need to clean and make room in that garage.tonnes of shit my dad left and won't come and get it

You might inquire with the churches, Red Cross, people who've offered help on the forum, etc., re. getting a small portable gen-set with the surge capacity to run a table saw, miter saw, Skil saw, etc. (i.e. 2000 watt Honda or Yamaha, or something suited to the task at hand).

Donations for fuel to run it, etc.

Bobby Boucher

^^^ What he said.

All my tools are corded. Cept my Hilti impact. Its my policy to only buy corded tools. I've lost too many over-priced battery powered tools hopping between 10-30 stores a day.

And I don't own a generator, nor do I know anyone with one big enough to operate my miter or my table saw. Renting one would probably make sense once you've got all your materials together to hammer out a days work at a time. Otherwise, walmart looks to have one for $200.. which we might be able to clean off and return "unopened" within 30 days or whatever Walmart says, and then proceed to buy the same tool from another Walmart.. use for 29 days, clean off, return.. rinse wash repeat.

I just don't know enough about fixing small engines to want to own any cheap-os, personally.

U

useless.gardens

got that tablet in the boat (for delivery thursday).

threw something Ital in there so you can get a good perspective & unload that stress.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ital

you know we roll super pro & make those cuts fly (even though these dudes cant come through on some sfv or wifi for your boy's mother tent :) that package cost nearly $30 to make & dispatch. even the label is baller all day. & no siggy so the box will just be left at the addy.

rather than get into detail, i plan to check around your state for outreach & construction materials.

if i hear or find you sold that tablet, which you def need for internet & email & letter writing & research, ill be done with you.

ill keep you updated as to what i find in your state for assistance with re-construction or similar.

Last edited:

hayday

Veteran
Hows it hanging shithawk? You getting it back together?I am praying for you and wish you well.

ganja4mama

Hey, this is shithawk's mom. He'll be another week or two incommunicado... things went from really bad to worse. He wants y'all to know he appreciates your help. He says thanks and will be back online soon.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Well, at least he has a Mom. Better off than I am. I have a house and no Mom. :(

:)

Prayers to ya, bud. You too, Mom.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Hey, this is shithawk's mom. He'll be another week or two incommunicado... things went from really bad to worse. He wants y'all to know he appreciates your help. He says thanks and will be back online soon.

bad to worse? fuck, his HOUSE burned down. how much worse could...no, forget i said that. sometimes fate aint fair...:comfort:

Latest posts

Latest posts