What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

House caught fire

shithawk420

Veteran
Alright.thanks guys I'm done whining.pills and booze will do that to a person.but I'm not bullshiting on ninjutsu.ive studied it for 25 years.most of what you see in movies is fake.in fact ninjutsu in Japan is taboo so no one except maybe Hatsumi Masaaki knows what real ninjutsu is and was.as far as what we do know is that they were mostly spies discuised as farmers and the female ninja also known as kunoichi worked in whore houses and got information from certain people who frequent the whore houses.dont tell me I'm bullshiting cause I'll prove I know my shit.anyway jail isn't an option.ill go to prison.and once you have that DOC number it's really over.anyway I'm done.thanks for everything guys.i mean it.you guys are great.you think I'm bad my best friend is in prison on suicide watch.wont even write me back.that fucking hurts cause I love her

G

I have followed along from the background reading a lot of this train wreck of a thread. I do feel a certain amount of sympathy for the OP and anyone who is struggling in life. However over the last few months knowing more than one person who has been struck with cancer through no fault of their own my sympathy for you and your silly life has waned. You have choices and your too weak to sack up and make them. The two people I know with different but almost equally fatal odds of cancer have sucked it up and are doing all they can to help themselves and put a good face on for family. Even when we know its got to be almost impossible. Call it guts, will power or whatever but they have it and you obviously dont. I hope the best for you but your wallow in the mire and cry poor me is pathetic when I see what these and other people with REAL life and death fights in front of them face I see you as a weak coward not worthy of the help people here have tried to give you.

Iamnumber

but I'm not bullshiting on ninjutsu.ive studied it for 25 years.most of what you see in movies is fake.in fact ninjutsu in Japan is taboo so no one except maybe Hatsumi Masaaki knows what real ninjutsu is and was.as far as what we do know is that they were mostly spies discuised as farmers and the female ninja also known as kunoichi worked in whore houses and got information from certain people who frequent the whore houses.

Not arguing. Anyone with basic understanding of human anatomy has the essential information needed to cause serious harm to another in hand to hand combat.

As you have said info and you know the move inside and out ... You should pay attention to mental side and to thinking few steps ahead..

for example .. sensing and understanding when conversation starts to escalate to verbal argument. Then analyze how likely the verbal argument is to escalate again to physical confrontation in that situation. .. Once you have that you should be able to execute plan that gives acceptable results ( in our modern society violence is frowned upon and usually after violence is implemented, only results left range from poor to worse .. so short of a long story.. you should be able to have mental resolve and fortitude to exit conversation or situation BEFORE it escalates to violence ).

I do understand that there are situations where violence is the preferred choice (to protect your self or you loved ones). US prison system is flawed when compared to many european once .. due to judicial system and culture .. change can only start during our life time but there are no signs that it would start - no political will. .. violence in prison is sometimes needed, just analyze the potential situations beforehand so that when situation arises you will know what is the correct amount of damage to inflict in order to protect your self and avoid further trouble or sentences.

Peace :huggg: :tiphat:

PS.
Do you still do katas regularly? That might be one step to add structure to your day + keep your body in shape + help clear out turbulence & stress form you mind .. even for a short while.

shithawk420

Veteran
I don't do Kata regularly.i feel that might give people bad habits cause in a real fight you try to remember a kata when each situation is different you might get hurt.unorthadox fighters are dangerous to a trained fighter cause they will throw something your way that you might not see coming.ill do kuji- Kiri once in a while but my hands have been broken too many times so it's hard for me to do but I can do 7 out of 9 symbols

Iamnumber

i feel that might give people bad habits cause in a real fight you try to remember

My view is that kata is practise to drive certain move (like falling down in safe manner) so that act becomes a second nature. when situation is on one dose not try to remember kata .. rather apply parts of it that are useful for given situation.

so that when I sees the swing coming my body is well familiar with routine so that I dont really have to think about it. this allow me more resources to pay attention to 'whole situation' & next move rather than focus on wrist and how I should block&grab it to obtain the hold I desire.

You are correct that one has to experience that other will play dirty and use what ever is available. I countered the 'narrow view' issue by acquiring basic understanding of different 'sport fight' styles.

I moved on to other things and now I try to do more gentler sports. I still do few katas with stick once in a blue moon as I do feel it helps to keep my shoulders mobile.

Just an idea for small bit of daily exercise. You can also look for katas in other sports - they might be easier on your hand.

shithawk420

Veteran
Well yeah your right.but after I learned kata I read Bruce Lee's books and he did not do them at all for reasons I mentioned.if I'm in a fight I go for eyes,solar plexus and groin.im not there to play around and block.im there to incerpt.wich is what Bruce Lee's Martial art Jeet kune Do literally means way of the intercepting fist.so if I can my main target is the eyes.so you do karate I take it iamnumber? You do Shotokan or similar? actually I reread what you said.i bet you do judo or BJJ

Iamnumber

Yes, you nailed it.

started with judo .. good to keep body in shape, low risk for major (facture or worse) injury.

then karate, iaido, kendo and aikido. Kick boxing was interesting but way too many knee injuries so I skipped that option.

Also bit of play with good friends with medieval weapons (no sharp edges for safty + never use force to drive hit all the way in (avoid blunt damage.. we rather slowed our swings down just before impact)

More to explore to get a deeper understanding of mechanics like weight of chain mail and how it differs from combat without armor.

I really liked the philosophy and mental aspects - I never studied kung fu but I really liked the (core - AFAIK) idea of one task at time with full focus and devotion to that task. Book of five rings is a good read. Many of the ideas apply to all things .. not just combat. I never got around to reading the art of war. I got bogged down to comparing different translations and then my attention drifted to other activities.

another good read is the book about life of Mushashi. That put to words (and crystallized the idea for me) what I already knew/believed .. the strength in using cross field analysis for solving things.. In the book Mushashi listend to japanise drums (kodo - played with two sticks) .. the use of two items to create one entity (sound) and then taking this concept and implementing it to his combat style. ( use of one sword was de-facto standard of the time).

Regretfully these are not standard items in any library. I dont know if any forms are available online?

shithawk420

Veteran
No shit? I study Iaido too in fact I think my iaito and ninjato is in my pics.and yeah,I have the book of five rings.very cool. Here's some pics of the work we did.still got a long way to go but it's a start.getting rid of the old rafters and plywood and tore off roof

shithawk420

Veteran
Thanks so much guys.im sorry I've been a little bitch but certain things happened but now that winter is coming we can't afford to fuck around.i owe alot to you guys for making this happen.soorry about shitty pics

superx

Veteran
It's good to see you have pulled your finger out of your ass. All the best with the construction side of things, Onwards and upwards.

Iamnumber

congraz on getting the work started!!

Seeing the pic of the roof, it is worse than what I initially gathered. You did post pics of kitchen but I recall it looked much smaller fire.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
It is great that you are doing something about getting back on your feet.

Is this your house, or your father's? How are you funding this? Did you ever get a please go fund me set up?

Good going Mr. Shithawk. Keep it up!

shithawk420

Veteran
Getting things started had absolutely nothing to do with me.my dad lied and friend lied so my mom who owns the house had to get a loan and come out a week to make sure they actually worked and didn't steal her money.roof will hopefully be sealed tomorrow.i got pics I'll show but the work being stalled had nothing to do with me cause I had no money to offer.my mom and I want to do a GoFundMe cause I can't pay for everything until I get disability but she is embarrassed to put personal stuff online.its gonna be bare bones but as long as I got heat and water I don't care.im moving in ASAP

shithawk420

Veteran

Gotta get this sealed tommorow but my dad and friend has been fucking me over.its gonna rain then freeze then thaw.they are doing a good job but there smoking weed and drinking and doing a good job till my mom leaves then won't do shit till she comes back to pay them.

And before anyone gets the wrong idea I'm not taking advantage of anyone.im severally fucked in the head mentally and physically.im doing what I can.thanks for all your support guys.

Hey trout.do you know the name of the stuff you spray on burnt wood to get rid of the smell?Cause I gotta go the cheap route instead of just replacing the wood.these assholes are cutting so many corners it pisses me off but I can't really say shit.they just want money they we don't have

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah I'm gonna use kilz on the paint but I thought there was a spray you can use on the actual burnt wood.if I had had money there's no way I would do what they are doing but I can't afford it.its not that they don't know what they are doing.they are just doing minimul work for minimul pay.even though it's my father and one of my best friends they still are cutting more corners than they should.whatever.i don't care.as long as I can move in without getting sick from mold.ill post more pics if I can tommorow.i already lied to my PO and said it was livable.it has to be in by the time she comes or I gotta make an excuse.this fucking sucks cause the inside is worse than the out.i need an extra two man crew besides myself.let this be a lesson.dont move to the country unless you can afford it cause it's not always cheaper