What's new

HONEY WHITE

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
pics or it didn't happen! ;)

dank.Frank

finally got some pics of the ECSD x HW

keep in mind this is all T5 grown. I've got a 1000w HPS just waiting for em to reveg :smoke:

ECSD x HW pheno1

picture.php

nice solid cola

picture.php

went 80 dayz on this one.

picture.php

some misc phenos of ECSD x HW. These plants were on the edge of my T5 light so I've got hopes for huge colas come the HID lighting.

picture.php

yum, more misc ECSD x HW

picture.php

G

guest121295

Wow, that was a nice one.Some nice buds from a T5 rack.I hadn't considered them for flowering but I might now, I have a bunch.Damn the cross with the sour looks great, I bet that stuff wrecks ya'!:)

Yeah wrecks .. ECSD at 80days damn

Zen .. Try her at 72-75days .. No ceiling soaring!!

But that looks like FIRE! T5s too .. 6.5k spec or full spectrum 2700 + 6500?

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
yeah I think I may have gone a little long, I just didn't wanna shortchange the time with it being ecsd and all :biglaugh:

I got a handful of OG and ECSD x HW F2 seeds to play around with now. Seems anything I threw the HW males at did really good. I was concerned about the polyhybrid aspect but there's a lot of quality females with some stellar ones sprinkled in the mix.

I'm gonna get a bigger more portable microscope for next run, right now I've got one of those teeny little radioshack 60x-100x ones and its just such a pain in the ass squinting into that lil thing. I'll try and see how (reasonably) early I can take these girls next time as I definitely let em go long enough this time.

TB Gardens

Veteran
Jaw on the floor Zen

That cross looks unbelievable.. Certain pics of that look like a not so chunky ecsd just covered in resin. Wow. And u got an OG x white? Good lord, can't wait to see that.

Try your ECSD at 72-75days .. My boy swears by it .. He's run her for a while now and he's tried different chop times and 75+days is too lethargic/stoney but that no cielings soaring for hours is right in the 72-75day wheelhouse .. Its all organics .. Not sure if that will slightly differ finish times, etc.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
With it being a X to HW the times could be different, GG. Something to consider.

72 is a little early, though not by much. I prefer ECSD at 11 weeks. Past 80 days it becomes mostly a Diesel flavor and stony. Good in it's own right but chopped few days earlier it is sublime, lemon diesel with an immediate onset that smacks ya right behind the eyes.

In the end, it's all up to the individual.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice to see the action in here. :)

Zen, looking good! :good:

Do yourself a favor and screw those microscopes and get something like this:

$4. @ my local hardware store, best thing I ever bought there!
Check the resin build-up on the sides from scoping buds for a few yrs. :D

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
Jaw on the floor Zen

That cross looks unbelievable.. Certain pics of that look like a not so chunky ecsd just covered in resin. Wow. And u got an OG x white? Good lord, can't wait to see that.

yeah it was on the edge of my light so I think I shortchanged her a little in that department, hence not as chunky. The stuff in the middle of the light beefed up real nice and reminds me more of the original ECSD. Some of em had those huge swollen calyx's and others not so much.

I had a few different OG cuts :smoke:

heres the Respect OG x HW

picture.php

more Respect

picture.php

picture.php

Tahoe OG x HW pheno3

picture.php

Tahoe OG x HW pheno4

picture.php

I love this next pic, I think the colors work really well together, oh and its got some sparkly dank in there!

IE OG x HW pheno1

picture.php

more IE OG x HW pheno1

picture.php

gotta figure out how to adjust the aperture on manual settings, this is an old cheapo camera. Gotta have my buddy come over with his nice D60 I think it is and take some real nice macros.

heres some HW bx2 F2 shots

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

can't thank Highlighter enough for the stellar work put in.

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
Nice work on your own! :yes:

thanks man :thank you:

I gotta figure out how to send some seeds in for server freebies and share the wealth.

good idea with the loupe too, I was eyein those and wondering if they were magnified enough but I'm sure with some good LED lighting I can pinpoint the maturation next run.

more IE OG x HW pheno1

picture.php

Damn Zen! Those all look superb and frosty to the MAX!!!

I love this pic .. If you owned a reverse shrink ray ;) you could have the wildest best xmas tree around! Perfect shape, color .. Sparkling in the lights :)

Very nice photography skills too

Yeah thats true Ras . Hadn't thought about that side of it too

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
I hope I find a lady or two like yours, Zen! The straight HW buds look stellar.

I'll have at least two cracks at it soon, check them out today and we've got pistils on #'s 2 and 4, I believe. Might have to double check on the exact #'s but I know it's 2 females. :)

Gotta say, some of these plants look dead-on like the Lucifer OG plants I grew from Karma. Especially #2's & 3.

Plants 1, 4, and 5 look alike. Little lanky, look to have a more open structure. 4 and 5 have really long leaf stems. 2 and 3 are similar, little bit more compact.

picture.php

picture.php

#2 and 3 (l-r)
picture.php

#4 and 5
picture.php

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
lookin good, that #2 has some nice shape to it. I like branchy plants :smoke:

keep us updated on the progress!

you gonna keep any males and toss pollen anywhere?

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Yeah, I'll likely collect pollen from any males that show from these 5, possibly tag the females on a branch or two for some more HW seeds and hit up any clones I have ready to flower at the time. I still have more HW seeds to pop so the plan ultimately is to hit ECSD, Chem Sis, Green Crack, LVPK, Chem Sour, Blueberry, OGK, and Super Skunk with a collection of HW pollen.

TB Gardens

Veteran
HL has done some seriously fine work with the HW. It seems like anything the pollen touches turns to gold. I'll be keeping my HW males around for sure. I've still got this super stinky, vigorous, thick stalked f13a11 male I'm going to collect pollen from & selectively hit up some branches.. Now I just gotta get me an ECSD cut so I can make Zens cross! Those buds are amazing looking. How does it taste Zen? Did the ecsd shine thru in the flavor dept?

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
oh yeah the ECSD HW hybrids almost all have that diesely or sour funk. I cracked open a nug today and it had a sweet sugar n sour aroma, I almost demolished the nug just rolling it around because I couldn't stop practically huffing it! :biglaugh:

I wish I didn't fuck up my f13 a11 seeds I had (had a damping off issue), only one made it and it was bomb. I got a few seeds and still need to sort through em.

Rasputin man you are gonna have so many dank seeds to go through after you hit all those! My IE OG x HW pheno1 actually reminded me of green crack at first, it was quick to stack, had that creamsicle orange pistil color and was frosty as hell.

so a quick question for Honey White fans and Highlighter, if I wanted to spread a few cuts of my hybrids around would you rather see ________ x Honey White bx2 or would you rather have a new (non corny) name with the cross listed afterwards?

TB Gardens

Veteran
______ x Honey White .... ppl gotta learn what the HW is all about! :tiphat:

gotta give that old man some respect ;-)

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Rasputin man you are gonna have so many dank seeds to go through after you hit all those!

so a quick question for Honey White fans and Highlighter, if I wanted to spread a few cuts of my hybrids around would you rather see ________ x Honey White bx2 or would you rather have a new (non corny) name with the cross listed afterwards?

I'm just following your lead, man. After seeing how well Tahoe and ECSD combined with HW it seems like a no brainer to chuck some pollen around.

I say do whatever feels right to you as long as you maintain lineages so if someone asks what "XYZ" is you can tell 'em. If you don't name them, someone else likely will if you're passing cuts around. Coming up with names is fun sometimes. The important part is keeping the genetics around in one way or another, IMHO.

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
if I did a new name on a couple of the hybrids it would definitely will pay homage to the Honey White and I'll still list the cross afterwards. I'm big on knowing WTF you're getting and it being 'as advertised'. Lost 6 months and thousands on some bunk genetics one time years ago :(

I get into it (naming) and try to have the name influenced by either the properties of the nug or the mom/pop plants. I could work Honey into a bunch of names, same goes for White (although that is less indicative of being Honey White rather than just 'The White').

I absolutely will keep the HW f2 female I got goin. I have a feeling this strain is gonna be popular.

on that note I kinda have been neglecting the revegging plants.

Time has flown by and most if not all of the plants have already got new revegged growth, one ECSD and one Tahoe have 6 inch spurts of new vegetation blastin out of the leftover nugs!
I'm very surprised by this (my first on purpose attempt of revegging :biglaugh: ) and hell within a month I might have some cuts to share :smoke: