What's new

Honey QWISO Forum (lets show them why qwiso is the best)

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I store my oils in the freezer wrapped in waxed paper. I also have found that if you have an extra teflon bag (i accidentally melted a hole in one) you can pour pans of hot finished oil onto a sheet of it made from an old bag, freeze it, and it will release just fine for storage. I tried pouring hot oil onto waxed paper, it melted the wax and stuck to the paper, so I had to redissolve the lot and filter out the bits of paper and start over.

Learn from my mistakes! lol

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
youtube and other videos are to vague and some people keep their knowledge and dont say the full steps

Full steps for making budder:

1. Buy a crockpot for $15 at Target.

2. Fill it up with water. Turn it on "low".

3. Turn your oven on to about 315-320 degrees.

4. Break up your bud and put it in the oven for about 5 minutes. (When your kitchen starts to smell like a weed party, take it out.)

5. Melt 2-4 sticks of butter into your crockpot.

6. Put the bud in the water with the butter already melted. Stir gently every 15 minutes or so.

7. After several hours, transfer the contents of your crockpot into the fridge. (You can use cheese cloth and pour the contents through the cloth into a clean container if you wish to remove the plant matter.)

8. Once the butter solidifies on the top of the water, you can poke a hole in it and drain the water out. The butter that's left is active and contains THC that used to be in your bud.

9. Cook with it.

If your recipe says that it makes 24 cookies then you'd divide your # of grams of bud by the number of cookies.

So if you used a half ounce (14.25g) each cookie would have the equivalent of 14.25/24= 0.59g per cookie.

If you would normally smoke half a gram per session, eat 2 cookies and you should be all good.

There are plenty of places you can read a much more detailed version that what I'm giving you, but I promise you I'm not skipping any steps.

There are also ways to do it without the bud smelling and tasting like weed, but they are easy to find if you take the time to look. There are even numerous threads on this very site dedicated to the subject.

Sorry to OP for posting this here. I'm loving this discussion.

J

juicepuddle

Full steps for making budder:

1. Buy a crockpot for $15 at Target.

2. Fill it up with water. Turn it on "low".

3. Turn your oven on to about 315-320 degrees.

4. Break up your bud and put it in the oven for about 5 minutes. (When your kitchen starts to smell like a weed party, take it out.)

5. Melt 2-4 sticks of butter into your crockpot.

6. Put the bud in the water with the butter already melted. Stir gently every 15 minutes or so.

7. After several hours, transfer the contents of your crockpot into the fridge. (You can use cheese cloth and pour the contents through the cloth into a clean container if you wish to remove the plant matter.)

8. Once the butter solidifies on the top of the water, you can poke a hole in it and drain the water out. The butter that's left is active and contains THC that used to be in your bud.

9. Cook with it.

If your recipe says that it makes 24 cookies then you'd divide your # of grams of bud by the number of cookies.

So if you used a half ounce (14.25g) each cookie would have the equivalent of 14.25/24= 0.59g per cookie.

If you would normally smoke half a gram per session, eat 2 cookies and you should be all good.

There are plenty of places you can read a much more detailed version that what I'm giving you, but I promise you I'm not skipping any steps.

There are also ways to do it without the bud smelling and tasting like weed, but they are easy to find if you take the time to look. There are even numerous threads on this very site dedicated to the subject.

Sorry to OP for posting this here. I'm loving this discussion.

Think he mean budder with D's not T's meaning an concentrate / extract not cooking it into butter.

gunnaknow

Yes, budder isn't cannabutter. Budder is basically hash oleoresin (oil) that has been melted and whipped to incorporate air into it. Just as cream can be turned into something more solid by whipping air into it, so too can hash oleoresin.

mauiwowie

No secret to budder. Some strains do it, some don't. Some give a creamy waxy budder, others a brown/oily budder.

Only ever works on the first wash. Second wash never budders.

It is all about the whipping and the Oxygen. Some oil just does it after a few days. Some Ice QWISO I made wouldn't budder when you made it but it wouldn't stay as glass/oil just transformed into budder

Made this yesterday off some Female Seeds grapefruit trim and popcorn taken from a girl I have waiting to chop at day 61. It is like putty, really soft and a little sticky. Pic 1 is yesterday, still very oily. Today it is as described and buddered up (It is also well smoked ;oD, long weekend here).

Attachments

• DSC_0156.jpg
    DSC_0156.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0158.jpg
    DSC_0158.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 12

CO Budderworth

thanks for the info maui. My strains seem to produce brown dark amber colors. So it must be the strains. I do 30sec wash no shaking just lightly rolling in a jar strain through a coffee filter then run it through a metal coffee filter the second time, then i evap the ISO off then whip it. I have taken the steps from another thread dry trim, frozen alcohol, 30 sec wash, evap, then whip. Just dont seem to get amber like I have seen from Dingbat.

CO Budderworth

I gonna try that. Gonna go with dry ice extraction to get my kief to get my quantity. Then I ill do the ISO wash and get back to you. I am gonna do different batches strain labeled. Gotta stop in the dispens to see what trimmings are available this time. Had nothing but grape crush the last time.

Latest posts

Latest posts