What's new

HONEY OIL !DENATURED STYLE

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
and also that statement seems assumptive bro. maybe its more accurate to say, there is no iso left, as far as you can detect.

igohydro

I totally agree just cause you can see it dont mean it aint there.People die from things we cant see,smell,taste everyday. :wave:
I also think this thread is a great advertisement against useing solvents,yeah its strong but is it worth it?

Last edited:

Big Eggy

Veteran
The thing that gets me is that.. pure tric's are either dust or pressed soild.. so what makes oil gooie?

i did a butain run after my first grow a few years back.. personly i did'nt like it, but my house mate laped it up.

G

why is denatured alc better, and what makes it different than normal alc?

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Ninja said:
nice try but no cigar......... that link is to a wikipeidia article on ETHANOL ( GRAIN ALCOHOL).. which contains Benzene.

find one on ISO, then come back...

you have to READ what you reference carefully...;)

Well lets hope you arent smoking an iso soaked cigar when your done sneaking up on your education.

Chemistry

Isopropyl alcohol forms an azeotrope with water at 87.4% alcohol. It is impossible to dehydrate isopropanol further using non-azeotropic distillation. For this reason, more expensive means, such as using a drying agent, are necessary for production of 100% isopropyl alcohol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isopropyl_alcohol

poolratt

Verite,without using an expensive drying agent?......To get the water out!....Sounds like the only reason to brake the bond to me!.....So I have sum water left behind BFD!(wich I know gets evaped).

Ninja

Verite said:
Well lets hope you arent smoking an iso soaked cigar when your done sneaking up on your education.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isopropyl_alcohol

that link doesnt back up your claim...sorry.

Kut. it's dissolving oils in something ( bottle, hands, oils already on the lense... )and That's leaving the film.

Verite,.... quick science lesson...
Pouring ISO through salt(with no Iodine added)) will remove MOST of the moisture....BUT...
you CANNOT remove and maintain 100% ISO..unless you keep it in a vacuum such as in a lab, so stop acting like you can.
100% ISOPROPYL alcohol will suck moisture from the air as soon as it is exposed.

and please stop quoting Wikipiedia.. anyone at any time can go in and alter the info there....
not saying it's wrong.. it's just a very poor reference point in general for any discussion.. you should know this.

from that wika article:

"Isopropyl alcohol is also commonly used as a cleaner and solvent in industry. It is also used as a gasoline additive for dissolving water or ice in fuel lines. Isopropanol is the main ingredient in rubbing alcohol. It is used as a disinfectant, and is a common solvent.

Isopropanol is a major ingredient in "dry-gas" fuel additive. In significant quantities, water is a problem in fuel tanks as it separates from the gasoline. If the engine tried to combust the water instead of gasoline serious engine problems could result. The isopropanol does not remove the water from the gasoline. Rather, the isopropanol solubilizes the water in the gasoline. Once soluble, the water does not pose the same risk as insoluble water.

It is also a very good cleaning agent and often used for cleaning electronic devices such as contact pins (like those on ROM cartridges), magnetic tape deck and floppy disk drive heads, the lenses of lasers in optical disc drives (e.g. CD, DVD) and removing thermal paste from CPUs. It is also used to clean computer monitors, and used by many music shops to give second-hand or worn records a newer looking sheen."

Verite

Veteran
Im going to make an educated guess ninja you've never extracted with 195 Everclear. If you have you would know the difference between tasting iso and not.

But since ninja is the science guy maybe he can also find one other oil product out there thats extracted with isopropyl alcohol and consumed/injested by humans.

Also curious if theres a minimal amount of iso thats deemed safe or not harmful by the msds for consumption? Seems pretty easy to discredit wikipedia and have zero proof they are wrong and you are right.

When all science points to iso being harmful just who do you want to put your health into the hands of? Science or Stoner?

Which would you be more apt to believe? A frenetic promise my methods remove all iso even if Im not sure thats possible or a couple dozen other peoples experience that every single batch of iso extract always had an iso taste to it and other methods of extraction they tried were void of any iso taste?

G

trichomefarmer said:
I can't resist anymore this is too funny. This thread has to be the best ad for water extraction.

solvents.....lol

water is a solvent!!

Last edited:

Verite

Veteran
Big Eggy said:
how about lard extraction?

Lipo-suctoin%20Cannular-L.jpg

Big Eggy

Veteran
Verite, what is that contraption? a portable lard extraction unit?

edit: i know what it is now!!! what a dumb arse.:pointlaug:

Last edited:

Verite

Veteran
Big Eggy said:
Verite, what is that contraption? a portable lard extraction unit?

edit: i know what it is now!!! what a dumb arse.:pointlaug:

I was going to say, yes, in fact medical grade. :yoinks:

Texassativa

Use water cured bud THEN extract with 91%iso. The only thing getting pulled out the weed is oil soluable material. Pure honey?

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
Ninja said:
that link doesnt back up your claim...sorry.

Kut. it's dissolving oils in something ( bottle, hands, oils already on the lense... )and That's leaving the film.

Verite,.... quick science lesson...
Pouring ISO through salt(with no Iodine added)) will remove MOST of the moisture....BUT...
you CANNOT remove and maintain 100% ISO..unless you keep it in a vacuum such as in a lab, so stop acting like you can.
100% ISOPROPYL alcohol will suck moisture from the air as soon as it is exposed.

and please stop quoting Wikipiedia.. anyone at any time can go in and alter the info there....
not saying it's wrong.. it's just a very poor reference point in general for any discussion.. you should know this.

from that wika article:

"Isopropyl alcohol is also commonly used as a cleaner and solvent in industry. It is also used as a gasoline additive for dissolving water or ice in fuel lines. Isopropanol is the main ingredient in rubbing alcohol. It is used as a disinfectant, and is a common solvent.

Isopropanol is a major ingredient in "dry-gas" fuel additive. In significant quantities, water is a problem in fuel tanks as it separates from the gasoline. If the engine tried to combust the water instead of gasoline serious engine problems could result. The isopropanol does not remove the water from the gasoline. Rather, the isopropanol solubilizes the water in the gasoline. Once soluble, the water does not pose the same risk as insoluble water.

It is also a very good cleaning agent and often used for cleaning electronic devices such as contact pins (like those on ROM cartridges), magnetic tape deck and floppy disk drive heads, the lenses of lasers in optical disc drives (e.g. CD, DVD) and removing thermal paste from CPUs. It is also used to clean computer monitors, and used by many music shops to give second-hand or worn records a newer looking sheen."

However, since iso is used as a solubilizer for water, the question probably wouldn't be, can you get all the iso out of your hash, but can you get all of the water out (which will probably still have some iso in it).. it does after all, have the much wikied azeotrope point.

BTW, you mention sugars being an undesirable adjunct of ethanol washes, apart from the flavor, does this entail any risk?