What's new

Honduras x Panama

RobFromTX

All my sexy Ace ladies are about to jump into the pool! Hahaa. 1 week into flower, They’re going into a kiddy pool living soil SIP design! All I could get was pink but I suppose that’s fitting for the ladies after all!

It might get a little crowded in there in late Flower but we have the vertical space, I suppose I’m pruning most side branching and going for some fat big colas 1k vert style!

The pool on top holds about 90 gallons of soil and has drain holes drilled into it. The pool on the bottom is the res and holds about 35 gallons to 5 inches deep, the top pool sits on 6 inch spacing. The drain pipe goes down into the reservoir and will be packed with soil as the wick. I figure I can control the wick by just adding or removing soil anytime since my whole are can fit. The reservoir can hold an aquarium heater and give me control of soil temps. The res has an airstone also keeping things fresh down there! Hopefully she can sink a tap root down in the res, is the thinking too.

However im not currently going to run the res and sip until they start to root up better im just going to just keep the pipes open for a while for air flow, mist the top soil.

There’re going into a living super soil, that literally has the whole kitchen sink in it. I wish I would have made it sooner as it just finished giving off heat for a few days. Currently my plants have excess N due to top dressing some rabbit poop that stuff had a lot more N that I thought but My super soil in the pool should be more moderate on nitrogen. One of my biggest HP is really N stressed I transplanted her, removed all the rabbit poop and put a little plain soil around her. Live and learn.

Well that’s where I’m at with things.

Awesome vibes over here on Ace seeds! Dubi is always so professional, full of knowledge, fair pricing, choosing ace genetics is a no brainer I think!

Cheers 🍻

View attachment 18788903
Nice set up chief (y)

tjmccoy

Veteran
Nice set up chief (y)
Thank you Rob! I think once I get this all dialed in should be mostly hands free!

@tjmccoy
You really need your own grow-report with this grow pool construction! I'm sure a lot of people would love to see that! :good:
Sounds good it’s still very experimental but if it goes well I can do that for sure! Follow along I’ll probably just post here with my kind of people! 😊
Wow, that's wild...will be curious if you can pull it off. Gonna get awfully crowded...
Yeah plant count really pushing it, I closed my eyes and culled 2 zams that were slow to germinate. I should have just done half this many. I’m at about 14 inch spacing between plants, and stretching is no problem with 9 ft vertical space. I’m a commercial tomato grower by trade, It’s common to single stem prune tomatoes up one pole or string. Well here they are transplanted in the pool, I bet they are going to explode now! I enjoy your grows too! Cheers!

1D7F171D-6AAF-46C8-8292-FFB9024609EF.jpeg

Attachments

• 52659974-44C9-4247-B3F8-A2F528BC4C0E.jpeg
    52659974-44C9-4247-B3F8-A2F528BC4C0E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 77
  • 27CD5680-8C23-41FD-9652-B8BE140CF811.jpeg
    27CD5680-8C23-41FD-9652-B8BE140CF811.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 83

johnnylawrence

Thank you Rob! I think once I get this all dialed in should be mostly hands free!

Sounds good it’s still very experimental but if it goes well I can do that for sure! Follow along I’ll probably just post here with my kind of people! 😊

Yeah plant count really pushing it, I closed my eyes and culled 2 zams that were slow to germinate. I should have just done half this many. I’m at about 14 inch spacing between plants, and stretching is no problem with 9 ft vertical space. I’m a commercial tomato grower by trade, It’s common to single stem prune tomatoes up one pole or string. Well here they are transplanted in the pool, I bet they are going to explode now! I enjoy your grows too! Cheers!

View attachment 18789019
If I were you, I might try to build one or two movable white panels to reflect the light being lost on the two open sides. I am curious to see how it all works out.

tjmccoy

Veteran
If I were you, I might try to build one or two movable white panels to reflect the light being lost on the two open sides. I am curious to see how it all works out.

If I do things right there shouldn’t be much light getting through the side canopy, I like the openness of this grow, it’s so easy. I’ve done many grows vert it’s a very efficient way to use the entire arc of a 1k HiD, the leaves will all twist to the light. It’s my first time planting then all in the same bed though!

Here they are all tucked in, I added hay mulch of Timothy and alfalfa, and added some worms too. So far It’s really a relief with how little there is to do now. It’s so easy taking care of 1 big pot that’s for sure! If I add a float valve to the res from the ro it could be completely automatic!

And a pic of an HxP Fem to keep things relevant @ 10 days flower

EBC16031-3B66-4EAB-BBFE-F3330485E961.jpeg

Attachments

• B637E5CD-48BE-4A85-A932-1075765E2789.jpeg
    B637E5CD-48BE-4A85-A932-1075765E2789.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 60
  • 4BF083FD-BCCD-4DBA-916A-8393BC6DA80F.jpeg
    4BF083FD-BCCD-4DBA-916A-8393BC6DA80F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor

View attachment 18789019
Would a ‘mater cage on the inside allow a vertical scrog on the ID, so the gap is consistent? Let the OD run free. Maybe put a flat LED on top as additional light?

Last edited:

tjmccoy

Veteran
Would a ‘mater cage on the inside allow a vertical scrog on the ID, so the gap is consistent? Let the OD run free. Maybe put a flat LED on top?

I’ve thought about that, I might, there’s a lot of options, I’m also just thinking on this grow a pole per plant to the ceiling, maybe a little easier access around the plants and such.

I just kinda do stuff and wing it, figure it out as I go. Farming in general is like that, I plan everything out and it never works to plan, so I just try to just go by feelings and heart in the moment 🤷‍♂️

Be cool, hope you follow along! Cheers

tjmccoy

Veteran
There would be no access to the ID of the plant cylinder, sure way to have trouble.

We have some high tensile woven livestock fence it’s 60” tall and has large squares that would be easy to get an arm into. Still on the fence on that one! With single colas I’m leaning toward just a string or a pole 🤷‍♂️

Yesterday I did it, I closed my eyes and pruned almost all side branching but left all fan leaves. I really don’t like cutting on plants at all. I think we could have left the side branching and wove them all around each other but I don’t want that kind of tangled mixed up mess right now. I’m just going to focus on single top colas this grow.

We are at 13 days 11/13
So far in veg I have a few observations about these strains. I didn’t manage N well, they had too little early on then too much from a top dress of rabbit 🐇 💩 Trying to work through it…

HxP - Most N excess sensitive, widest internodes, most vigorous, tough woody stems can’t pinch them off. They really stand out among the others!

Zam - A more dainty structure, little more tolerant to N than HxP, 6 Malawi looking pheno’s tight internode, 2 more wider internodes but not as much as HxP, I think 1 is looking more Thai, and 1 looking more zamal, 1 male with some female flowers culled. Guess I’m not getting any viable males this round!

Malawi - Tightest internodes, stayed really short in veg, starting to stretch a little now. Least vigorous but beautiful foliage so far! They are handling the N excess the best.

All have responded very well to transplanting. I just can’t wait finally be able to sample these awesome sativas! What’s available here is a joke!

I hope the worms like their new home! 🏡😀

Attachments

• 3BBB77B9-9CD4-48F0-B5F0-131B36D2242B.jpeg
    3BBB77B9-9CD4-48F0-B5F0-131B36D2242B.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:

tjmccoy

Veteran

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I just took mine down this morning. She had some heft to her and finished better than I expected. I took a tester branch last week and have been puffing on it the past couple of days. Not the same pheno as my earlier grows a couple of years ago, but will be very good for sure. :)

IndicaFarmer

4 panama x honduras regs. 1 Large male so far and a suspected second. They will be moved to their own pots for pollen collection. Will be hitting any female ones and also zamal bliss, g.m.o x stardawg and og chem cookies x purple badlands

58576545-452180975528288-2210757737564864512-n.jpg

58676688-2323429671255421-6957125739892178944-n.jpg

58831537-439922363485890-3807963342308376576-n.jpg
never thought to plant multiples in a large storage bin, presumably with holes? the plants will communicate through the roots and stay strong. soil is diy? plants look awesome, green and no light tips. what kinda mix you using?

Stoneroller

Time for a small update. It has been 9.5 weeks from the switch to 11/13, and 8 weeks from the first pistils. In the last week they have kicked in some reflowering and are really starting to pack up some trichomes. Some yellowing here and there, but it seems like they still have some steam left! I have cut off the biobizz, and they are now running only on water and some calmag, and of course what is in the soil and left from topdresses.

IMG_20221213_130841.jpg

IMG_20221213_132457.jpg

IMG_20221213_131751.jpg

Looks like the red one is a bit closer to finish than the green one. Probably still a couple of weeks to go for the red, and maybe around month for the greener one?

Last edited:

johnnylawrence

Hon x Pan fem is on the left side of the cabinet... We are at about 9 weeks of flowering, 2 weeks since my last pictures. It's looking like the Mango Haze may finish first, but the Hon x Pan will likely outyield it. I like smoking both of them together sometimes, and it is interesting to see the similar growth characteristics the plants share (Haze is said to have Colombian ancestry, and the same may be true for Skunk #1). The effects and potency are similar; the Mango Haze may be a bit more happy/warm while the Hon x Pan is better for focusing. I think the Hon x Pan must have about 2 weeks to go. The first pic and the last two pics show Hon x Pan on the left and Mango Haze on the right. I hope everybody has a great 'green' Christmas!
Hon x Pan fem 9 weeks_1.JPG

Hon x Pan fem 9 weeks_2.JPG

Hon x Pan fem 9 weeks_3.JPG

Hon x Pan fem - Mango Haze_1.JPG

Hon x Pan fem - Mango Haze_2.JPG

Stoneroller

So here we are at flowering week 9 or 10.5 when calculating from first pistils or the switch to 11/13, respectively.
IMG_20221220_105808.jpg

The left one is starting to look pretty done to me, there are still couple of patches reflowerings maturing here and there, but most of the pistils have turned brown, especially on the side braches. The main cola has still some maturing to do!
IMG_20221220_105929.jpg

IMG_20221220_105956.jpg

I was planning on harvesting maybe first of January, but do you guys think this one should be chopped earlier?

The right, greener one is probably going to ride couple weeks still. Still a lot of reflowerings maturing.
IMG_20221220_110026.jpg