What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras x Panama

Common Sense

I'm a bit confused as I have been watching the capitatae stalked glands closely and in both the Honduras x Panama and the Zamaldelica they seem to signal harvest already. New flowering seems to have slowed down considerably. I see almost all resin glands milky opaque and a considerable amount yellow and amber, maybe 5-10%. I don't want any amber really. The vape test last week was good as well. Fantastic really, straight from the plant in the vape. So they seem to be ready. However, it is only day 74 after flip to 11/13. Could that be? I did veg them longer than usual (about 4.5 weeks).
I'll try to load some macro shots maybe tomorrow.

Common Sense

I'm a bit confused as I have been watching the capitatae stalked glands closely and in both the Honduras x Panama and the Zamaldelica they seem to signal harvest already. New flowering seems to have slowed down considerably. I see almost all resin glands milky opaque and a considerable amount yellow and amber, maybe 5-10%. I don't want any amber really. The vape test last week was good as well. Fantastic really, straight from the plant in the vape. So they seem to be ready. However, it is only day 74 after flip to 11/13. Could that be? I did veg them longer than usual (about 4.5 weeks).
I'll try to load some macro shots maybe tomorrow.
Plus the carbon filter isn't keeping up any more. The house is starting to smell like a puma cage if I keep the windows closed. Wife acceptance severely endangered:flowers2:

Tangwena

Veteran
Plus the carbon filter isn't keeping up any more. The house is starting to smell like a puma cage if I keep the windows closed. Wife acceptance severely endangered:flowers2:
Same here my friend the last weeks before harvest it gets very tense as the aromas permeate everything I had 2 carbon filters and the last few days they were not keeping up ha ha.
But the cured buds are soooo worth the trouble.

Common Sense

here are a couple of pics from last night. A few more days to go, what do you think?
The Honduras x Panama part:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
I would give them another week if I could. I took mine a week early but if I had another week to spare I would have waited.

Common Sense

I would give them another week if I could. I took mine a week early but if I had another week to spare I would have waited.
Yes, thanks for your experienced advice, that was roughly my guess from time and overall appearance but I was not sure when looking at the resin glands. I am still at the beginning of my learning curve. I took down my Kali China at 59 days last year and it was a bit late for my taste, it came out a touch too narcotic. I recently reviewed some closeup pics and it had quite some ambers. The Orient Express on the other hand was a little early after 63 days. The effect is a bit short legged. That does suit well sometimes though.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Common Sense :)

Nice yield and flowers despite the problems with the waterings and feeding. Really happy to hear you are excited with your early samples of your Honduras x Panama ;) It will improve a lot if you bring her to its complete ripening and after a good curing.

Regarding harvest time, i like to harvest sativas (well, all cannabis plants) when they are ripening their last reflowering and in a peak of strong terpenes.

...I took a small sample from one of the lower small buds and put it in my vaporizer.

Anyone who's been reading here in the ace section has stumbled into these posts saying "... not like anything I have smoked before...". I so far took these with the usual grain of salt. It's easy to get excited about something you have grown yourself.

But holy cow, it's not fake. This premature H x P sample (just under 10 weeks after flipping to 11/13 and after I almost drowned her in an acid bath halfway into flowering) was totally awesome and truly like nothing I have ever smoked or vaped before. Took a couple of minutes, but what an intense rush to the head of pure euphoria. I can totally understand those of you guys sucking on this all day long.
Here are some impressions
Don't get confused by the brown wilted pistils and the dried leaves. These are from the incident a few weeks ago when i overwatered with too much and too low pH. The buds of the Zamaldelica in the same tent havenn't recovered as well yet, but I am sampling these as well right now.

woolybear

Veteran
What do you guys mean by "reflowerings," i.e.:

"The flowering develops progressively and at a steady pace, constantly producing generous reflowerings"

Dr.King

Veteran
Greetings Common Sense, to me those beautiful Honduras x Panama of yours need at least a few more weeks due to all those white hairs. What light schedule are you running her on? I run them kind of sativas on low hours. Happy growing man.

B

Benny106

What do you guys mean by "reflowerings," i.e.:

"The flowering develops progressively and at a steady pace, constantly producing generous reflowerings"

Its like the plant makes a new effort to get pregnant, making fresh flowers on top of the buds that look done.

Common Sense

Greetings Common Sense, to me those beautiful Honduras x Panama of yours need at least a few more weeks due to all those white hairs. What light schedule are you running her on? I run them kind of sativas on low hours. Happy growing man.
Thank you Dr.King. They do look nice, I could sit in front of the tent for hours just staring at them. I have them at 11 hours light and 13 hours dark. 175W screw in LED bulbs.
I now agree they are not done, yet, after spending quite some time this week scanning the resin glands. The number of ambers hasn't increased, so I think these were just artifacts or damaged sections.

woolybear

Veteran
My hondura x panama pack came in at 6 days, just like the last order!

Real Gorilla Seeds charges actual shipping - 9.75 sterling!

This will be my 2nd time with fems, and first 12/12 from seed grow. Probably will bust out the old NFT tub I built 5 years ago.

Common Sense

Hi Common Sense :)

Nice yield and flowers despite the problems with the waterings and feeding. Really happy to hear you are excited with your early samples of your Honduras x Panama ;) It will improve a lot if you bring her to its complete ripening and after a good curing.

Regarding harvest time, i like to harvest sativas (well, all cannabis plants) when they are ripening their last reflowering and in a peak of strong terpenes.
I did harvest both the Honduras x Panama and the Zamaldelica six days ago, after 86 days at 11/13h light. Very nice yield on the HxP and better than expected (or needed) from Zamaldelica. Both are still hanging to dry and I could not be happier from early sampling. Still way too early to say which I like better, effect seems to be not completely different between the two. "This is the best weed I ever had" came to my mind several times during the last week. :dance013:

Common Sense

Here you can see the main stem from the HxP after I harvested the roughly 10 side branches. Couldn't get the picture better than this, but maybe you can see that I made here go around for a full 360° circle with the LST. This saved about 50% of total height.
picture.php

Pics during the week before harvest
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Great results Common Sense! You have a Homebox tent I see, love their gear. Thinking of ordering a larger one right now in fact.

Common Sense

Great results Common Sense! You have a Homebox tent I see, love their gear. Thinking of ordering a larger one right now in fact.
Thank you TexasTea! I am indeed very pleased with the results.:)
However, I attribute these more to the great vigor and genetics of that F1 hybrid than to my skills. I would also like to mention at this point that the seeds were a very generous gift from dubi :huggg:
Maybe he needs to add another category for his strain descriptions: "resistance against beginner screwups: very high"

This was my second grow in the Homebox tent and so far it has been flawless.

elanius

Veteran
wow Common Sense, those are some magnificent flowers and pics, you have great sense for composition. Enjoy!