What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras sativa

SolarLogos

Smoke report time! I don't usually do smoke reports because I have tolerance issues and I want to be fair to you all, and of course the weed. However, tolerance is apparently no match for Honduran. It reminds me of when I was young and inexperienced and the weed would hit me super hard. I've not been this high in years! Now for the report

Strain: Honduran, Mexican Green Pheno. Greenhouse grown, harvested last mid January. Only about a 4 week cure.
Smell: This is a tough one, because there are no citrus or fruit smells and the overwhelming smell (not sure how you normally describe this) reminds me of the aerosol hairspray my mom used when I was a child. I cannot describe it any other way. There is in the background, the smell of wet forest, no pine, but a little earthy, almost like clay.

Smoke: The smoke is very smooth for such a young cure. On the inhale, it is all wood like a white soft wood, maybe fir, but no pine taste at all. It makes me want to think of balsa wood, but I've never burned it, maybe because the taste and smoke is soft, very pleasant taste of wood smoke, no harshness. Exhale is definitely aged oak (pair with red wine?).
High/effects: The effects are not immediate and are a steady climb. I tried to make it a point to notice how far into the joint I would notice the effects, but that proved on several occasions difficult. There is an immediate sense of relaxation as well as onset of euphoria, but my perceptions weren't altered and I was not aware of the fact that I'm spacing out and going deeper into consciousness and deeper thought, until I notice the joint has been out, so I light it up again. Without realizing it, 6 minutes had gone by and I was just finishing the joint. At that point, everything has become dreamy and within 15 minutes it has come on quite strong and I'm pleased. Clear dimensional shift in consciousness, everything is very clear, yet dreamy. Slight altering of outer visual perception, but mostly introverted high, excellent for deep contemplation. Everything seems better, even the most boring are pleasurable or interesting on their own merit. The duration is not long, about 2.5 hours, although the euphoria is much shorter lived. However, another joint will bring you right back where she took you the first time! A lot of weed doesn't do that for me, but she does. I've been smoking her for 4 days now and she is just as strong as she was the first time. There is also no ceiling.
Side effects: The only side effects I noticed was dry mouth and she will get your eyes very red!
Conclusion: She is very energetic (can even make your heart feel like it's beating faster if you smoke a lot, but no anxiety or paranoia), you can organize your time/day, get lots of chores done and very clear.
Peace, God bless

Last edited:

Rory Borealis

Veteran
High/effects: Clear dimensional shift in consciousness, everything is very clear, yet dreamy. Slight altering of outer visual perception, but mostly introverted high, excellent for deep contemplation.

Very nice smoke report. Thanks for sharing those insights.

SolarLogos

Very nice smoke report. Thanks for sharing those insights.
Thank you for your kind words Rory Borealis. If you like living in the moment, here and now with an appreciation for life and all of your surroundings, she is certainly the kindest Sativa I've tried that takes you there, with a moderate amount of strength that lets you feel you are still functioning normal. I've decided to focus my grows on S. American Sativa and put in my order last week for Panama, Purple Satellite, Honduras x Panama (Thanks for convincing me to get this one Tangwena, you would make a great spokesperson for ACE!), and more OTH (in case I screw up the first set of seeds). Those should keep me busy and the greenhouse full.

Peace, God bless

BenoitV1984

Veteran
I still have 6 Guatemalan seeds in the fridge. They were still available when I bought the Tikal. I noticed one of its parent was available and I though "why the fuck not"...

I can't say I haven't thought of getting some Honduras and make a pure central American sativa hybrid with them... Maybe one day when I have time and space :)

Hi BobMarley99,

Honduras has only been worked one generation until P2 generation. We just discarded all the hermie plants from original P1 seeds during the breeding process, understanding the different phenos that the strain can produce and selecting for the best non hermie plants of each pheno to produce the released P2 generation and Breeders Pack.

Pure Guatemalan was worked a bit further until P3 generation although the best Guatemalan traits were refined in Tikal hybrid, which is 75 % Guatemala sativa. Pure Guatemala is currently discontinued as we had to spend last years lots of time and resources in newer unexplored landraces that we have released lately like the lebanese, honduras, ethiopian or japanese.

We only sent a Nicaragua seed via Sam Skunkman to Phylos to perform her a genetic analisys for the initial landrace search Phylos did.

The rest of the Nicaragua seeds remain unexplored yet. The seeds came from the same source than Guatemala and Honduras so i expect to find interesting and unpolluted sativa genetics in the Nicaraguan too, hopefully they will still germinate well like the Honduras did in 2015 because the seeds are very old, almost 15 years old.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am finishing 2 Honduras and sneaked a larf bud to smoke tonight. Gave me the old time Mexican type high. Up and quite clear yet dreamy and 'hazy' effect as if floating on a cloud.

If you want the high of a good Mexican of the 70's or I suppose 60's and earlier, this does get me there with the two phenos I have smoked.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks SolarLogos for such beautiful descriptions of your experiences with the Honduras sativa :huggg:

The mexican pheno has a very woody old school pure sativa terpene profile, the purple pheno is a bit more complex in aroma and taste.

Glad she provides a bright effect without tolerance that enhances consciousness and senses in the present time. Your descriptions is so beautiful that i prefer not to add anything more to it :)

Blessings to you and yours! :grouphug:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for revisiting the Honduras yesum and for sharing your insights about her :)

I know you are a lover of old school pure sativa effects so hope the Honduras experience has been a pleasant discover for you :tiphat:

I am finishing 2 Honduras and sneaked a larf bud to smoke tonight. Gave me the old time Mexican type high. Up and quite clear yet dreamy and 'hazy' effect as if floating on a cloud.

If you want the high of a good Mexican of the 70's or I suppose 60's and earlier, this does get me there with the two phenos I have smoked.

SolarLogos

Thanks SolarLogos for such beautiful descriptions of your experiences with the Honduras sativa :huggg:

The mexican pheno has a very woody old school pure sativa terpene profile, the purple pheno is a bit more complex in aroma and taste.

Glad she provides a bright effect without tolerance that enhances consciousness and senses in the present time. Your descriptions is so beautiful that i prefer not to add anything more to it :)

Blessings to you and yours! :grouphug:
Thank you for your kind words Dubi. I enjoy describing your work and as you know, you and Ace will always be dear to my heart :huggg:
Peace, God bless

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a thrip problem and the thrips loved the Honduras, both of them. Examined them under 45x scope and lots of black dots or thrip feces. Had to throw both plants out. Not sure if smoking bug crap is bad for you but can not deal with it anyhow.

If I had closely examined the buds or shake of the old Mexican stuff, well I may have quit smoking.:yoinks:

SolarLogos

6 month cure smoke report

6 month cure smoke report

Smoke report time! I don't usually do smoke reports because I have tolerance issues and I want to be fair to you all, and of course the weed. However, tolerance is apparently no match for Honduran. It reminds me of when I was young and inexperienced and the weed would hit me super hard. I've not been this high in years! Now for the report

Strain: Honduran, Mexican Green Pheno. Greenhouse grown, harvested last mid January. Only about a 4 week cure.
Smell: This is a tough one, because there are no citrus or fruit smells and the overwhelming smell (not sure how you normally describe this) reminds me of the aerosol hairspray my mom used when I was a child. I cannot describe it any other way. There is in the background, the smell of wet forest, no pine, but a little earthy, almost like clay.

Smoke: The smoke is very smooth for such a young cure. On the inhale, it is all wood like a white soft wood, maybe fir, but no pine taste at all. It makes me want to think of balsa wood, but I've never burned it, maybe because the taste and smoke is soft, very pleasant taste of wood smoke, no harshness. Exhale is definitely aged oak (pair with red wine?).
High/effects: The effects are not immediate and are a steady climb. I tried to make it a point to notice how far into the joint I would notice the effects, but that proved on several occasions difficult. There is an immediate sense of relaxation as well as onset of euphoria, but my perceptions weren't altered and I was not aware of the fact that I'm spacing out and going deeper into consciousness and deeper thought, until I notice the joint has been out, so I light it up again. Without realizing it, 6 minutes had gone by and I was just finishing the joint. At that point, everything has become dreamy and within 15 minutes it has come on quite strong and I'm pleased. Clear dimensional shift in consciousness, everything is very clear, yet dreamy. Slight altering of outer visual perception, but mostly introverted high, excellent for deep contemplation. Everything seems better, even the most boring are pleasurable or interesting on their own merit. The duration is not long, about 2.5 hours, although the euphoria is much shorter lived. However, another joint will bring you right back where she took you the first time! A lot of weed doesn't do that for me, but she does. I've been smoking her for 4 days now and she is just as strong as she was the first time. There is also no ceiling.
Side effects: The only side effects I noticed was dry mouth and she will get your eyes very red!
Conclusion: She is very energetic (can even make your heart feel like it's beating faster if you smoke a lot, but no anxiety or paranoia), you can organize your time/day, get lots of chores done and very clear.
Peace, God bless
Ok, this is now on it's 6 month cure. It's really amazing the change in smell and taste, as she has cured and refined her terpenes over the past 6 months. I use integra boost packs and a hygrometer in each jar. The RH stays around 68-69 for all my buds. Surprising they are dry enough to smoke, may have to relight the joint near the beginning, but certainly not wet or dry, just moist enough.

There is a light floral smell in the jar with a soft aged wood smell. However, once ground up, it releases an entirely new profile. I was having a hard time describing it, almost like aged leather, but when I read Dubi's description, it said it all, [FONT=&quot]big buds, full of brownish/reddish pistils, small ovaries with not much resin, woody, incensey aromas that have some sweetness. This sativa from Honduras shares all these traits, but the Honduras has a peculiar organic 'foie gras' aroma, with green plant tones of geranium. Really strange aroma that i don't know yet how it's going to translate into the smoke.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Perfect description, there is nothing I can add to it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The smoke is extremely smooth and there is no lung expansion anymore. The taste is mostly woody with a light organic foie gras in the background which contains a little bitterness and remains as an aftertaste on the tongue, but not unpleasant at all, in fact, it is a nice ultra smooth smoke, all the way down to the end of the joint. Half way down the joint, the foie gras taste subsides and there is more a woody/green herbal/slightly floral taste.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The effects seem a little more delayed and the onset is noticed about a minute or two after finishing the joint, which I burned down to the roach only having to relight once after initial combustion. Ash is very white and joint burns slow and fairly cool.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The speediness has subsided, but she is not one to make you lazy either. Her mood elevating qualities have certainly increased though and she is that happy, giggly weed that slaps a grin on your face from ear to ear for no reason other than you are in happy land. Still has a clear dimensional shift in consciousness as before, but not very spacey, much more clear than before. The only thing that would make this high better would probably be another joint.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So, it's been a second joint since I wrote the above. I'm quite surprised how high the second joint has gotten me. This strain has developed into a really amazing smoke, something really special! There is a little more of a spacey feeling with a second joint, but the clarity while being this high is something you don't find much of these days, at least not any modern strain I've tried. The silly or giggly sensation has become more of a serious, but much higher euphoric and joyful/happy feeling. I feel relaxed yet motivated and certainly not lazy or zoned out. Heart rate seems relaxed and there doesn't seem to be any possible chance of getting anxious or the noids. I imagine this would be a very positive medicine for anyone looking for an up sativa that you can use daily, without ceiling or tolerance that I can see, and still know that you are capable of functioning on a normal level quite naturally on this high. I've been smoking my Hondurans that I harvested last August practically daily for the past 6 months, however, I much prefer this Honduran, which I harvested last December in my greenhouse. Here are some early pics of her a few weeks before harvest:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks for stopping by.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Peace, God bless
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Great report. Very similar to the Honduran i smoked on Roatan. Locals call it Trash, but it's gold for this lightweight because there's no hint of anxiety or paranoia. Just a productive bliss that lets me focus like a laser on a task. It's a creative inducing smoke for me. I actually do shit i would normally put off until tomorrow. Lol

SolarLogos

Great report. Very similar to the Honduran i smoked on Roatan. Locals call it Trash, but it's gold for this lightweight because there's no hint of anxiety or paranoia. Just a productive bliss that lets me focus like a laser on a task. It's a creative inducing smoke for me. I actually do shit i would normally put off until tomorrow. Lol
I really am going to have to take a vacation to Honduras and smoke there, as much as I love this weed. We all search for trip weed and the strongest, but for her medium strength, she is perfect as is. I've crossed her and found more potent and interesting highs, but nothing is an improvement on her the way she is. I can't think of any way I would want to change her. Everything has it's place and so does she.
I couldn't tell any difference between the two females I grew, the smoke, smell, high, everything was consistent/homogenous between them. I'm so glad I had a Honduran male, who has already proven himself in out-crosses, to produce an abundance of seed from the two girls. I'm running these again this winter in the greenhouse like last years. I want to keep 6 month and older Honduran on stock at all times.
Thanks for your comments, I love this stuff!
Peace, God bless
Edit: I wanted to also make clear, I'm not implying Honduran cannot be improved by crossing it with other strains, as my Mexican pheno is not comparable to the parental and pheno Hondurans Ace uses, theirs are obviously in category above and beyond my pheno.

3/4 of my Honduras youngin's.

QLvQjxL.jpg

TpamplO.jpg

dDf6t0w.jpg

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Long leaves, very sativa Christmas tree look/structure, beautiful lady. Is this from the seeds you brought back from Honduras?
Peace, God bless

Thanks SolarLogos. Yep. I had a few germinate but they died almost the instant I put them in soil. I was down to my last 6 or 7. I was panicking because I couldn't get them to germinate. After a week in paper towels they were starting to turn black. I figured they'd die so in an emergency I put them in vise grips and slowly turned the screw to try and crack them and the white root popped out like squeezing a tube of toothpaste. Then I did micro surgery on them to pull the husk away, and put them in a very bland soil. I was in a nervous sweat working on them. lol

5 survived and went outside in prepped holes with Honduran soil type I tried to recreate :). One is being seeded with STS because there were no males. I'm a shitty cloner, but I'll try to take a few cuttings.

Found information on soil type from an archiological dig of the 1742 settlement of Augusta on Roatan and the Bay Islands.
https://scholarcommons.usf.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=6116&context=etd

Gotta love the internet and especially scientists, they fucking recorded everything. Including PH and soil characteristics at different depths. :dance013:

I tried a few times to have seeds shipped but failed (1lb bags). I'll go back this winter and ship them myself this time. I want regular seeds.

SolarLogos

Thanks SolarLogos. Yep. I had a few germinate but they died almost the instant I put them in soil. I was down to my last 6 or 7. I was panicking because I couldn't get them to germinate. After a week in paper towels they were starting to turn black. I figured they'd die so in an emergency I put them in vise grips and slowly turned the screw to try and crack them and the white root popped out like squeezing a tube of toothpaste. Then I did micro surgery on them to pull the husk away, and put them in a very bland soil. I was in a nervous sweat working on them. lol

5 survived and went outside in prepped holes with Honduran soil type I tried to recreate :). One is being seeded with STS because there were no males. I'm a shitty cloner, but I'll try to take a few cuttings.

Found information on soil type from an archiological dig of the 1742 settlement of Augusta on Roatan and the Bay Islands.
https://scholarcommons.usf.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=6116&context=etd

Gotta love the internet and especially scientists, they fucking recorded everything. Including PH and soil characteristics at different depths. :dance013:

I tried a few times to have seeds shipped but failed (1lb bags). I'll go back this winter and ship them myself this time. I want regular seeds.
I remember those seeds on another thread, didn't you also have a problem with damping off? I think there were a few that would put out the first set of leaves and just die off. Did you have to wash the seeds in bleach or peroxide or anything in case of fungus?
I'm glad you got 5 of them at least. Too bad I'm not running Honduran right now, otherwise, I could send you some male pollen. Do you have friends you visit or is there a resort to vacation at Roatan Island? I'm always looking for somewhere new to visit and bring home seeds. I'm going to Jamaica soon, but I doubt I will find anything besides California Blue Dream, OG Kush, etc...
Thanks for that report, I've been looking for something about the soil information in Honduras, great find!
Peace, God bless