What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras/Panama feminized-Day 81 Flowe

BuckeyeGreen

She responded pretty vigorously to training. I topped her three or four times and super-cropped four or five of the fastest growing branches. If I hadn’t done that training she would have some very long branches. Instead she has a bunch of medium sized branches that I’ve held together with my, wingin’ it, tie up job. It looks pretty wild.

BuckeyeGreen

Well at about 110 days of flowering I decided I had dedicated enough time to her and if maybe she wasn’t perfectly ready to harvest, she was close enough. Here she is cut down and drying.

Attachments

• FE39DB2B-EB9B-42C4-9BBB-801659A6B571.jpeg
    FE39DB2B-EB9B-42C4-9BBB-801659A6B571.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 67

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
As long as you are happy that is all that matters. 110 days is a lot of time to spend with a plant not counting veg time. I know its easy to start getting tired just after just 88 days. Plus the plants seem like they don't want to finish. Either way, growing a plant for that much time is something really good and shows you have skills. Thanks for sharing friend.

BuckeyeGreen

Looking good buddy. Its top notch smoke and after a decent cure the smells fantastic
Rob did you grow the reg. seeds or the fem.? I know Ace said that the reg. mothers and the male and the fem. parents were different on both versions. I think one use the Panama mother and the other used the Honduras. I’m guessing the smoke effects might be different between the two. I haven’t read about anyone who has smoked both and compared them.

RobFromTX

Rob did you grow the reg. seeds or the fem.? I know Ace said that the reg. mothers and the male and the fem. parents were different on both versions. I think one use the Panama mother and the other used the Honduras. I’m guessing the smoke effects might be different between the two. I haven’t read about anyone who has smoked both and compared them.
I grew the fem version twice. But i'd really like to try the regulars too. More diversity im sure

BuckeyeGreen

Thanks Creeperpark for the compliment but my skill in this grow was the decision to simplify all parts of the grow at the start. I have benefited over the years from a willingness to try all types of growing styles and to not get too disappointed when things went bad.
I figured out what had gone wrong in the past and I eliminated those things. I used an organic soil recipe that I found under the organic gardening section on ICMAG because I was tired of liquid nutrients, the meters to check EC and ph, the ph up and down, making sure there was runoff at each watering in order to flush out excess nutrients. The pouring out of the runoff water and the mess that created. All the extra stuff that went along with gardening up to this point was eliminated.
I wanted to make the soil, add the dry nutrients to the soil and then water. No more meters, no more different bottles of nutrients etc.
I got an RO system so I don’t have to worry about all of the problems public water systems create. I bought a new modern led bar light system so I didn’t have to deal with the heat issues from MH and HID lights; I love both of those lights but the heat is a big issue. So I eliminated that problem.
I created a grow environment that only required me to water when needed and that’s it. I stopped experimenting and got down to basic growing and it made the growing experience relaxing and much more enjoyable.
As far as going for 110 days, I came to the conclusion at some point that I’d dedicated, 80 ,90 and then over a hundred days, so I didn’t want to waste all of that time by becoming impatient and cutting her down before she got to finish. I decided that the plant is going to take whatever ever time it wants to take and it will finish when it finishes.
So my skills are not special skills. It was learning from my mistakes, learning what I don’t like and do like about growing and eliminating the stuff I don’t like. Biting the bullet and getting the gear I needed to eliminate heat issues and having the desire for ease of growth and simplicity. The last skill was learning to be patient and letting the plant do what it needs to do.
The KISS method works.

BuckeyeGreen

Dried for 18 days in my garage. Average temp. in the garage was probably in the low fifties and the humidity was probably over 50% with my early spring growing zone 5b.
Early samples gives me a scattered affect but that is common for me with bud that hasn’t been cured. It’s more body affect than I expected but that maybe because I waited too long to cut it down and it went more Amber. I don’t have a scope so it is what it is. I don’t put too much stock in the affect of samples that aren’t cured. I will say it’s got a good rush off the bat which bodes well for the cured bud. I’m excited to see where it goes.
Although the moderate temps. and long drying time does do a good amount of curing but it’s going to take some time. Which is almost always the case. Rob says a 6 month cure is great; I believe that.

Attachments

• IMG_0564.jpeg
    IMG_0564.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0566.jpeg
    IMG_0566.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 48

RobFromTX

Dried for 18 days in my garage. Average temp. in the garage was probably in the low fifties and the humidity was probably over 50% with my early spring growing zone 5b.
Early samples gives me a scattered affect but that is common for me with bud that hasn’t been cured. It’s more body affect than I expected but that maybe because I waited too long to cut it down and it went more Amber. I don’t have a scope so it is what it is. I don’t put too much stock in the affect of samples that aren’t cured. I will say it’s got a good rush off the bat which bodes well for the cured bud. I’m excited to see where it goes.
Although the moderate temps. and long drying time does do a good amount of curing but it’s going to take some time. Which is almost always the case. Rob says a 6 month cure is great; I believe that.
Great job! thats about the most honduras leaning pheno ive seen from this cross

BuckeyeGreen

The photos show the rough looking bud that I’m smoking on now. Don’t judge a book by its cover. The effect is wholesome. It’s a total head and body experience.
The body effects are pain killing, relaxing but with no tiredness. Head effects are calming but with an energized lift that lets you accomplish physical and mental tasks. It’s enough of an energy lift that if you can’t, for whatever reason, get up and do some task, then you can start to feel antsy. It’s definitely not chill weed.
Loving it so far and I’m excited to experience it the longer it cures. Lemon Pledge smell and the flavor is enjoyable. I always look forward to the flavor. I need to smoke more of it so I can describe the flavor better. I will report back on the come down and let you know if it’s a crash or a smooth landing.
So far it’s an A-/B+ overall; an A+ value and total experience including the grow. Yield is great. I’ve got 2 large brown paper grocery bags full that I’m going to jar up and vacuum seal up tomorrow. I’m not going to weigh it but I’m guessing at least 9 ounces and probably more. The volume is huge but the weight is not. I usually have a pretty good eye for determining yield but this is so airy that it’s hard for me to judge. Let’s just call the yield very good. A 15 gallon or larger pot would easily get you over a pound. I used a six gallon pot. A good hydro grower, sky is the limit.
Highest recommendation to grow and to smoke. 👍😎

Attachments

• IMG_0646.jpeg
    IMG_0646.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0647.jpeg
    IMG_0647.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0648.jpeg
    IMG_0648.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0649.jpeg
    IMG_0649.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:

BuckeyeGreen

Thanks Rob. The grow tested my patience but it was worth the wait. Photos of today’s partners in crime.
I was wondering if someone could tell me if I went too long in flower by the appearance of the flowers? The amount of burnt up brown leaves bothers me but if that is normal this strain, then that’s great.

Attachments

• IMG_0652.jpeg
    IMG_0652.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0651.jpeg
    IMG_0651.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:

smilley

Veteran
Just a few thoughts on your thread. You got a great light but paid a little more than you would have liked. Compared to HID you'll recover your costs by having no rebulbing expenses. I did 2 runs of Hon/Pan and was very happy with the yield and quality. Harvest time isn't an exact science especially with sativas and varies from plant to plant within the strain.

You have some great weed and it will improve with a long cure. Good growing man. You have a ton of patience and I admire that. You can drop the cycle to 10/14 to speed the maturing process. I flower everything at 11/13 to start. Some plants never finish...

Great thread, I'm looking forward to seeing another....

BuckeyeGreen

Thanks for the compliments guys. At the time I bought the light I didn’t think the price was too high. It had been tested and compared to other lights that were more expensive and some less. It tested near the top overall in the group. So it seemed like good value.
The only problem I had with the light was that the company started selling them for several hundred dollars cheaper about a month after I bought mine. What surprised me was that the company sent me a promo telling me they were selling my light at about half the price. I can’t imagine how they thought that would go over with me. Naturally I wasn’t too happy to get that news.
The last six weeks of flower I was always concerned about giving them too much light. I dropped to 11/13 and also cut the light output about 30%. I also dropped down to 10 hours for awhile trying to get it to finish. I do think I should have cut back on the light intensity and a longer lights out time much sooner than I did.
It was such an interesting plant to grow. It really loved being alive and it didn’t flinch regardless of how many things I tried to kind of hurry her along. She just didn’t want to go. I’ll be enjoying her for months.

BuckeyeGreen

Here are some nice flowers from my home garden and my current refreshment: The yellow rose is called Julia Child and the garden shrub is a Peony. The peony is past it’s prime which as about a week ago but it also has some beautiful foliage. The yellow one still has a couple nice big blooms that are about 5 to 6 inches. I also like that shade of yellow. The red peony is also past it but the color is still nice.
I’ve got a bunch of garden plants that I think you will enjoy seeing in the future as they are starting to gear up and put on a show. Gardening, whether it’s growing our favorite herb or home gardening, it’s all fun to a plant lover.
Also sponsored by a nice blended joint from my current harvest of Big Buddha Cheese and Blue Cheese.

Attachments

• IMG_0657.jpeg
    IMG_0657.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0655.jpeg
    IMG_0655.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0654.jpeg
    IMG_0654.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0653.jpeg
    IMG_0653.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:

BuckeyeGreen

Today’s refreshment and some more gardening photos. The red rose is called Firefighter.

Attachments

• IMG_0687.jpeg
    IMG_0687.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0684.jpeg
    IMG_0684.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0682.jpeg
    IMG_0682.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0681.jpeg
    IMG_0681.jpeg