What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hombre del Monte's garden.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
That is one amazing recipe book!
I first just read "1 oz" and didn't notice the "fresh" -- was thinking OMG!
Gonna make a copy of this recipe, if you don't mind?

Please, be my guest.

Here it is in full, with the preamble also.
17117288431421704118119170196620.jpg
17117288672828237442621523328769.jpg

I look forward to the trip report! 😍

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Good day to you all.

Spring is truly here in las Alpujarras!
IMG_20240423_122520.jpg
IMG_20240423_122554.jpg
IMG_20240423_122631.jpg
IMG_20240423_122641.jpg
IMG_20240423_122656.jpg

And just a few moments ago Mrs DM has just returned from the village and handed me a little package!
17138692008777423581594722289781.jpg

Some of the above will be going into tissue paper later in the day!

I already have many different little seedlings and some others germinating; I have far more plants than I need😂, but luckily I have several friends who take my excess every year.

I'm not going to put up photos of seeds germinating, or plants pots with nothing showing, but will wait until everything is above ground. And I've yet to decided which of the many varieties I'll be keeping for myself....all in good time.

The main reason for today's post was to inform you of a little blind testing that I conducted.

Our 42 yr old daughter came out for a 7 day break. She is very much like her dad and likes her weed.

I gave her 6 containers, each with 3g of different types of cob, all from last season's harvest. I numbered the containers and didn't tell her what they were. I thought, "I'll weigh each one at the end of the week and I'll be able to tell which she prefers".
In the evening of day 5 she came to me and said, "Dad, can I have some more weed; I've smoked it all". 😂
Thankfully she wrote down the order in which she finished them and some notes as to her thoughts; I thought you guys might find them interesting.

In order of her finishing them..

Green haze A19..."Very fucking strong!, instant high. Great in the middle of the night! (She has sleeping issues)

Original Haze..."light weight, fluffy, easy going. Tastes great. Favourite for the day time.

Killer A5 haze..."focus, more of a daytime smoke, lovely and green"

Zenith #1..."chatty, energetic, lively, tastes lovely!"

Destroyer..."euphoric, content. So relaxed"

Zamal x Tom Hill haze..."spacey/euphoric. Good for thinking."

She brought me a little gift; She'd managed to stash a small nugget of some Super Silver Haze that she'd been buying in the UK. I smoked it, but could not detect any Haze flavour in there at all. It's almost 30 yrs since I grew SSH, but I'm pretty sure that the stuff she had was not SSH. To me it tasted very "Dutch". (I realise that SHH is Dutch, but I don't recall it tasting so much like "modern" weed).

That's it for today. I'll be back in a week or so when everything is above ground.

Thanks for looking in. 🙏

Attachments

• IMG_20240423_122554.jpg
    IMG_20240423_122554.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:

kaochiu

Veteran
Beautiful, that is the sort of place you find in travel guides as saying “best time to visit is spring and autumn”.
GreenHaze soaking after that powerful reminder by your daughter, lucky her to have a dad with a cortijo, and polite too that asks you for it, wish some of my younger relatives would ask me before emptying my jars like hyenas, plus they think “thank you” is swahili for “my neck deserves only the best buds”. I should charge them a euro for every spliff they waste, I would have three cortijos by now and a reata of Contraviesa mules, which are the Ferraris of mules. One thing I highly reccomend to reach the perfect Alpujarra experience is a good mule. Man with mule is aristocracy there.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Beautiful, that is the sort of place you find in travel guides as saying “best time to visit is spring and autumn”.
GreenHaze soaking after that powerful reminder by your daughter, lucky her to have a dad with a cortijo, and polite too that asks you for it, wish some of my younger relatives would ask me before emptying my jars like hyenas, plus they think “thank you” is swahili for “my neck deserves only the best buds”. I should charge them a euro for every spliff they waste, I would have three cortijos by now and a reata of Contraviesa mules, which are the Ferraris of mules. One thing I highly reccomend to reach the perfect Alpujarra experience is a good mule. Man with mule is aristocracy there.
She's a good girl! And I was impressed that she was able to smoke the best part of 4g/day. She sure takes after her dad!😂.

Anyone with any sense, will avoid the place in July and August when 40+c is the norm!

The Green 19 A5 is very powerful weed and is definitely has a place in my garden this year.

In another few days I should have all of this year's plants above ground and then I will reveal them to you all.

Have a great day folks. 🙏