What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HOLY SHIT! Holy Anointing Oil from Exodus.

Herborizer

Veteran
Gray wolf and anyone else that might know, I could use some help. I have been making hash oil using 151 proof everclear for a while now. I have this proccess down. While it's very effective, it's quite costly and time consuming.

I recently learned on these forums about dry ice hash. The end result is Kief or Kif. I just bought some bags and plan on giving this route a try. Once I have my jar of Kief, how would I go about using Kief to make the holy anointing oil?

Also, I use my hash oil to make hard candy. Can I use Kief to make candy just like I use hash oil now? Will it melt into the sugar? Lastly, I use about 4grams of oil per 2cups of sugar in candy making. Will I need to use more or less Kief?

Thanks!

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gray wolf and anyone else that might know, I could use some help. I have been making hash oil using 151 proof everclear for a while now. I have this proccess down. While it's very effective, it's quite costly and time consuming.

I recently learned on these forums about dry ice hash. The end result is Kief or Kif. I just bought some bags and plan on giving this route a try. Once I have my jar of Kief, how would I go about using Kief to make the holy anointing oil?

Also, I use my hash oil to make hard candy. Can I use Kief to make candy just like I use hash oil now? Will it melt into the sugar? Lastly, I use about 4grams of oil per 2cups of sugar in candy making. Will I need to use more or less Kief?

Thanks!

For making the Holy Anointing Oil, Kif could either be cooked in coconut oil at ~180F or the oil extracted by boiling in Everclear. As you are not boiling the leaf material, there aren't the same issues with wax and water soluble pickup. It also takes way less alcohol.

I would extract the oil from the kif for candy. I would also decarboxylate it after extraction, when I purged off the alcohol in a 250F oil bath.

Kif will leave behind some cellulose material, so it is not the same as extracted oil. The ratio of cellulose to oil can vary quite a bit by strain and quality of extraction.

O

OneTokeOver

I want to relay my experience and thank Gray Wolf for sharing this amazing information.

I have sever ostio arthritis and my wife has advanced RA. After reading this thread at least 30 times, I could no longer wait for my own harvest and I went ahead and made a small test batch with commercial weed.

I used about 20 grams of dried, ground bud and one can of butane. After the hot water purge I put the pyrex plate into a 250* oil bath for 20 min. As I only made an estimated 3-4 grams of oil (don't have a scale capable of 10ths) I added 4 grams of coconut oil, and estimated .25 grams of cinnamon bark and leaf, .125 grams of myrrh oil at the same time.

My wife was in the middle of an attack in her left hand. I rubbed it on and with in 15 min. she said she could feel some relief. I wanted it to work but am aware of the power of suggestion so I took her comment with a grain of salt and went to attend my plants.

45 mins. later, I come back into the house and my wife says "come here and look at this". She is waving her hand around clenching and unclenching her fist. The swelling in her wrist was noticeably reduced and she said the only pain left was a tingling at her finger tips.

It is now 4 hrs. since we applied the oil, and the swelling is completely gone and the episode is over. My wife is excited at the prospect of a night's sleep uninterrupted by pain.

We are obviously very excited but I am cautiously optimistic. Was it coincidence, we just happened to apply at the natural end of an attack? Possible for sure, this had been on going for 2 days, but she has also had them last weeks and never has the pain and swelling ended so abruptly.

My wife just said she can't wait for her next attack. That is someting I can honestly say I never thought I would hear.

I have done a fair amount of research in the last few months but can find very little information on the effectivness of various strains. I am assuming some work better than others? Any one care to share what works best for them?

I just used what was available here, Purple Kush, I was told but who knows. I have a run of Chemo vegging now that is reported to have a very high cbd content.

I will update after next use.

Peace,

OTO

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I want to relay my experience and thank Gray Wolf for sharing this amazing information.

I have sever ostio arthritis and my wife has advanced RA. After reading this thread at least 30 times, I could no longer wait for my own harvest and I went ahead and made a small test batch with commercial weed.

I used about 20 grams of dried, ground bud and one can of butane. After the hot water purge I put the pyrex plate into a 250* oil bath for 20 min. As I only made an estimated 3-4 grams of oil (don't have a scale capable of 10ths) I added 4 grams of coconut oil, and estimated .25 grams of cinnamon bark and leaf, .125 grams of myrrh oil at the same time.

My wife was in the middle of an attack in her left hand. I rubbed it on and with in 15 min. she said she could feel some relief. I wanted it to work but am aware of the power of suggestion so I took her comment with a grain of salt and went to attend my plants.

45 mins. later, I come back into the house and my wife says "come here and look at this". She is waving her hand around clenching and unclenching her fist. The swelling in her wrist was noticeably reduced and she said the only pain left was a tingling at her finger tips.

It is now 4 hrs. since we applied the oil, and the swelling is completely gone and the episode is over. My wife is excited at the prospect of a night's sleep uninterrupted by pain.

We are obviously very excited but I am cautiously optimistic. Was it coincidence, we just happened to apply at the natural end of an attack? Possible for sure, this had been on going for 2 days, but she has also had them last weeks and never has the pain and swelling ended so abruptly.

My wife just said she can't wait for her next attack. That is someting I can honestly say I never thought I would hear.

I have done a fair amount of research in the last few months but can find very little information on the effectivness of various strains. I am assuming some work better than others? Any one care to share what works best for them?

I just used what was available here, Purple Kush, I was told but who knows. I have a run of Chemo vegging now that is reported to have a very high cbd content.

I will update after next use.

Peace,

OTO

Thanks for sharing brother OTO!

For what it's worth, the experience that first demonstrated cannabis's pain relieving abilities, to me was a topical.

Its topical abilities not only demonstrates that cannabis is transdermal, but that it relieves pain with no euphoric high or other reason to use it.

melodyofmadness

For more information go to increationwetrust.org and click on remarcable foods tab on the left main dictionary. thanks
smile.gif
Annointing Oil
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZRMLzsDfyU

Good Stuff.
http://www.myspace.com/increationwetrust/videos/remarcable-recipe-for-baking-cannabis/103088658

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i still havn't made any of this stuff yet, i'm not quite sure in my mind about all the steps, so i hesitate. if i wanted to make just 200 mls of oil, how do i put 80 g of product in that small amount of liquid? if it was butter, i'd add water and separate it in the fridge when butter gets hard. but can this same system be used for olive oil? how cold does the olive oil need to be to get firm enough to separate from the water? is that why you guys use coconut oil, cause it gets hard when cold?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i still havn't made any of this stuff yet, i'm not quite sure in my mind about all the steps, so i hesitate. if i wanted to make just 200 mls of oil, how do i put 80 g of product in that small amount of liquid? if it was butter, i'd add water and separate it in the fridge when butter gets hard. but can this same system be used for olive oil? how cold does the olive oil need to be to get firm enough to separate from the water? is that why you guys use coconut oil, cause it gets hard when cold?

The ancient perfumers added water to the mix and then boiled it off before filtering.

We use coconut oil because of its medium chain triglycerides, which absorb through the skin faster and pass the blood brain barrier faster.

Olive and coconut both oil have a specific gravity around .92, so 200 ml of oil would be about 184 grams of oil.

Cannabis oil and coconut oil will mix at any ratio and our skunk pharm formula is 74% cannabis oil for the oral HAO and 45% for the topical. IE 184 grams of our oral HAO would contain 136 grams of cannabis oil.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
The ancient perfumers added water to the mix and then boiled it off before filtering.

We use coconut oil because of its medium chain triglycerides, which absorb through the skin faster and pass the blood brain barrier faster.

Olive and coconut both oil have a specific gravity around .92, so 200 ml of oil would be about 184 grams of oil.

Cannabis oil and coconut oil will mix at any ratio and our skunk pharm formula is 74% cannabis oil for the oral HAO and 45% for the topical. IE 184 grams of our oral HAO would contain 136 grams of cannabis oil.

wow that's a high concentration you are getting. my aim was gonna be to get 42g of material cooked into 100g of oil.

cool, i feel ready to do this now, with todays fridge tec, we can separate the coco nut oil from the water easily without having to boil it off and risk burning the oil.

so as i read this whole concoction has to simmer for 10 hours or more. does it have to be boiling like crazy the whole time? or just gently bubbling away?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
so in the end i'm using 100g coconut fat
7.5 g good bubble
7.5g lesser bubble 25u,3rd run, 160 and 190
15g of old white widow bud
3g of myrrh oil
3g of cinnamon oil

at this point its been cooking for 6 hours,have to add 1 cup of water per hour approx to keep the water level up. my plan is to add the essential myrrh and cinnamon oil only in the last hour of cooking. i plan to boil it for 10 hours. really hopping this will help my mums foot pain. but in the end i might need to make a stronger concoction. after seeing GW's recopy, mine seems a bit weak, lol. time will tell, otherwise i'll make smaller batches with more concentrates in.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good job bro! I look forward to seeing your results and mum's reacton!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah me too, i ended up only putting 2 ml of cinnamon oil in and a bit less of myrrh. i did it by smell. the whole thing has been left to cool now and i'll separate the oil from the left over water after i get back.

cebe11

Fascinating thread - Looking to start acquiring the goods, but one point to clarify - the Newdirectionsaromatics web site seems to only have myrrh as an essential oil - one from India and one from Egypt, and then a 3% dilution product. Is this the correct myrrh or is the gum essential for thickening or ?
Thanks!

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use the Indian liquid myrrh.

It isn't used as a thickener.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
well after a few months of experimenting on and off with my holy shit oil, i have come to the conclusion that for those that want to ingest, cinnamon is not a good additive, at least not in anything like the amounts recommended for the anointing oil, also again for eating it seems butter is still the best, i'm finding the coconut fat texture in my mouth unpleasant. i still worry about using olive oil as it will not get hard like the butter or coconut oil when cold, so harder to separate it from the water after cooking.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well after a few months of experimenting on and off with my holy shit oil, i have come to the conclusion that for those that want to ingest, cinnamon is not a good additive, at least not in anything like the amounts recommended for the anointing oil, also again for eating it seems butter is still the best, i'm finding the coconut fat texture in my mouth unpleasant. i still worry about using olive oil as it will not get hard like the butter or coconut oil when cold, so harder to separate it from the water after cooking.

I've found others that the cinnamon disagreed with as well. For those, I supply cannabis oil in straight coconut oil, and it works, but not as fast.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran

Add the cinnamon oils and myrrh from the beginning and you'll have less cinnamon bite. They mix together in the heat.

I love the coconut oil on my skin.... not my tongue :) I hear ya there.

Olive oil does harden up after being heated.... you just need to chill it in the fridge. It'll be a soft 'butter' like consistency and you can easily pour off the water.

:D