What's new

Holy grail Mr Nice.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Plenty of Haze hybrids had a lemon smell in the 90s.

Northern Lights has it too. Therefore no reason NLHazes should not have it.
The C5 I always described it as being "slightly lemony" compared to A5. I do that since ca. 27 years.
I found the same flavors also in the sensi/nirvana versions, but they would have been immediately labeled as non-original or cheap versions ....

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
You guys must have been growing different F1 seed to me that were made by Nevil or shanti.

I would have loved a Lemon smelling plant but all i found was fruity to rotten fruit / Metal types wood type smells Floral and even spicy types even Mango sweet and even Sour.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Here you go Willy this is the Gypsy Thai Kanga selected and grown by Kanga here.

1669292825968.png

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
descriptions of 5hzC:

"...thats what she is..lemon lime flavored adrenaline.. "
"...it smell like sweet limon...the taste is sweet lemon and pepper..."
"...some of that lemon/lime smell.
sometimes more like lemon/lime cleaning fluid and sometimes more like lemon/lime sweets..."
"...if you like haze/racy heady weed and a choice of LEMON/lime/spicy/floral/woody smells then you can't really beat NL5 Haze "
These are quotes from mns forum ....

GoatCheese

Veteran
thanks @GoatCheese good to know,, heading out that way at the weekend if i get time ill try pop in and try something
Enjoy your trip!

Write smoke reviews if you get the chance to try any of those:
https://www.icmag.com/threads/dutch...est-reviews-here.315189/page-13#post-18224531

I haven’t tried any of those myself but i had some of their Nev’s Haze years a go and it had a really nice effect. They also have the UK Cheese on the menu sometimes - it's named just "Cheese" but it should be the real deal, people say.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
It hard to say about smells everybody feels smells different and some cuts change smells very much while curing expecially haze plants cuz they have multilayered smells.

While smoking C5 from dmpkring its remind me of ssh very much. It have that floral-sweet-woody lemon whic is half smell of ssh without ghani funk and skunk sweetness.

I think that in every haze seeds you can find lemony phenos.
But haze really change its smells in curing.
At harvest it very much different than after a month or 2-3 month...
Mostly when its cured it lost all fruty smells and it smells like kitchen spices,some fine wood or sandalwood incense.
Herbaly/woody/spicy.

harvestreaper

Veteran
Enjoy your trip!

Write smoke reviews if you get the chance to try any of those:
https://www.icmag.com/threads/dutch...est-reviews-here.315189/page-13#post-18224531

I haven’t tried any of those myself but i had some of their Nev’s Haze years a go and it had a really nice effect. They also have the UK Cheese on the menu sometimes - it's named just "Cheese" but it should be the real deal, people say.
thanks again for taking the time ,,,, looking like it might be a lil tight on my schedule now but well see

Stocktont

Veteran
Isn’t one definition (or part of the definition) of terpinolene ”woody, citrus and floral aromas”?

I think the problem is that different people have different associations with smell and what some call citrus some others would call fruity and some would call lime or even orange. Just as with flavor and effect, we all have different biochemistries and we will all enjoy cannabis differently. We also don’t have a common language to convey what we mean with our smell associations as they might mean nothing to others or be totally different to others.

Also when talking about seed varieties (not the same clone) there are differences in all seed varieties of drug type cannabis that I have ever encountered hence there might be some plants in a variety of seeds (name) that don’t smell like most of the others or there might be a great variation the smell within that seed population. Not all plants are the same. Growing a few plants of a variety one is not capable of intelligently saying ”this variety smells like lemon” or ”this variety doesn’t smell like lemon”.

That being said, yes I have had cannabis plants that were of the Haze family and its hybrids that to me smelled like lemon but not only lemon or ”exactly like lemon”. the world is more complex than Yes or No, Black or White etc.

TheDarkStorm

Gypsy Thai? Bushy posted directly what this strain is, and Beanz did too. Why the speculation/misinformation? I didn't know you were present when Kanga, Nevil and Bushweed were trading lines. Do you have screenshots of conversations from these three saying that particular strain was Gypsy Thai?

So far, Dark, your only burden of proof is one of the P1s photos doesn't throw offspring that "looks" 100% the same.

It's all good comedy, but seriously when will this end?
You tell me what it is...as far az I know thats the same picture bush uses on his mmxnh15 add ..but the strain its self is nh,/mm x gypsys thai (kangaz cut)...should be the same as what he gave thaibliss...made by himself..something bushy refers toas mostly thai genetics (as the mm part he says is mostly just thai)I did say I would have to check to be 100%..but I can do that...and I can only go by what bushy himself has said it is..and I am open to me being mistaken..what do you say it is....and perhaps you can refer us to were beans and bushy say what they are.

Last edited:

TheDarkStorm

thanks for all the info ,,,,, i guess our old 80s haze 5 was A as there was no lemon at all
The old 5hzC most of the plants used to be hardcore haze....all sandlewood camphor and chemicals..leather spice ect..you would get odd plants with that cardamom lemon type thing but they were a harsh overpowering strong type thing.....
I dont know if this was the case were you was harvest reaper but we used to look at mangoy weed as being crap...the most basic and bland and used to stear clear of it (was it the same for you lot)...the hazes back in the days usedt actually be like they had been dunked in the haze airfreashners....eg one kind would be like it had silver haze sprayed all over it...it would smell like it (the actual bud unburned)..taste like it strong...and literally leave that mad incense airfreshner thing in the room strong...smoking it the same in your sinuses and in your throat...almost like liquid silver and chemicals all vaparizing down your throat, nose and lungs...that wasnt easily found in seed formonce well in to the 2000s

harvestreaper

Veteran
The old 5hzC most of the plants used to be hardcore haze....all sandlewood camphor and chemicals..leather spice ect..you would get odd plants with that cardamom lemon type thing but they were a harsh overpowering strong type thing.....
I dont know if this was the case were you was harvest reaper but we used to look at mangoy weed as being crap...the most basic and bland and used to stear clear of it (was it the same for you lot)...the hazes back in the days usedt actually be like they had been dunked in the haze airfreashners....eg one kind would be like it had silver haze sprayed all over it...it would smell like it (the actual bud unburned)..taste like it strong...and literally leave that mad incense airfreshner thing in the room strong...smoking it the same in your sinuses and in your throat...almost like liquid silver and chemicals all vaparizing down your throat, nose and lungs...that wasnt easily found in seed formonce well in to the 2000s
hi ds ,,i had a cut in late 80s we held for over a decade it was the best haze5 ive had til this day i have no idea if it was A or C but it made a beliver outta me ,, it was as you say spice lil floral sandlewood clay leather almost same taste unlit as lit she was undefeated lol i dealt out the cut along with sk1 and nl5 cuts many times over those years so always curious if anyone kept her , ,ive bought grown an smoked many haze5s since then not had the same ,,,even the mother of my 5 thunk was very diffrent with a pineaple taste but good altho different long lasting effect, its a small world i remember the first time i came across cheese in 90s it was identical to the nl x sk we had in those years i heard it came from a rave crew outta luton i remember dealing a rave crew from luton both those cuts but it probly just coincidence lol for the record the nl5 haze ,,the nl5 and sk1 and skaze cuts we had back then were all selected by a friend i was just given them so no credit to me ,,,the skaze was and is still my grail maybe these original haze x nl x sk seeds i just made might have something similar as hell that why i did it lol the good old days eh ds ,,,, still chasing em here lol

Latest posts

Latest posts