What's new

Holy grail Mr Nice.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think most don't have bank accounts that can support buying 100's of seeds to hunt through. I know I can't. It was the main reason why I started making my own long ago.

High Times about the lineage on JH. HT is not the best source for accurate info IMO.

While Sensi say the exact lineage is a closely-guarded secret, it is accepted that Jack Herer is a 3-way hybrid of Skunk #1, Northern Lights #5 and Haze. The precise lineage is probably Haze x [Northern Lights #5 x (Northern Lights #5 x Skunk #1)] which suggests that Sensi began by selecting a male from their NL5 x SK1 seedline (AKA Shiva Skunk) and backcrossing him to the NL5 female cutting. As Sensi purchased Neville's breeding plants, they had both the Haze A and C males, so it is likely that they then chose a female NL5 x (NL5xSK1) plant and pollinated it with one of the Haze males to create Jack Herer., this would make Jack 50% Haze, 37.5% NL5 and 12.5% SK1. This gives Jack Herer a similar composition to Super Silver Haze and Mango Haze which are 50% Haze, 25% NL5 and 25% SK1.

No clue why JH has an AKA of Bedrocan.

Bedrocan is an EU-GMP certified supplier of pharmaceutical grade cannabis to the Dutch Office of Medicinal Cannabis (OMC). Our high quality products are used as pharmaceutical raw materials and active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs). We operate two indoor cultivation facilities and a R&D facility in the Netherlands.

Last edited:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I never ask people about who baby sits there plants Donald or do i dig and ask friends about there company's inside information or daily agendas.

What ever i was told i was told it as a friend and as a friend things that is said between friends stay privet.

Let me ask you Wally did the clones that were meant to go to Nevil that never did that ended up in Ace seed and Karma hands go there for Free ?
i know i got the cuts i got for free ,
the other guys , maybe they made a deal of some sort that benefited them both ,
or not ,, some folks dont care about that as i mentioned earlier ,

the reason i said what i did is because you dont tend to think sammy had any of nevils original cuttings,
im sure he knows what he has though , im sure nevil knew too ,
or he wouldnt have even asked for them to begin with ,
its no big deal though and certainly not worth arguing about as being outsiders ,
we are only speculating ....

goingrey

I think most have bank accounts that can support buying 100's of seeds to hunt through. I know I can't. It was the main reason why I started making my own long ago.

High Times about the lineage on JH. HT is not the best source for accurate info IMO.

While Sensi say the exact lineage is a closely-guarded secret, it is accepted that Jack Herer is a 3-way hybrid of Skunk #1, Northern Lights #5 and Haze. The precise lineage is probably Haze x [Northern Lights #5 x (Northern Lights #5 x Skunk #1)] which suggests that Sensi began by selecting a male from their NL5 x SK1 seedline (AKA Shiva Skunk) and backcrossing him to the NL5 female cutting. As Sensi purchased Neville's breeding plants, they had both the Haze A and C males, so it is likely that they then chose a female NL5 x (NL5xSK1) plant and pollinated it with one of the Haze males to create Jack Herer., this would make Jack 50% Haze, 37.5% NL5 and 12.5% SK1. This gives Jack Herer a similar composition to Super Silver Haze and Mango Haze which are 50% Haze, 25% NL5 and 25% SK1.

No clue why JH has an AKA of Bedrocan.

Bedrocan is an EU-GMP certified supplier of pharmaceutical grade cannabis to the Dutch Office of Medicinal Cannabis (OMC). Our high quality products are used as pharmaceutical raw materials and active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs). We operate two indoor cultivation facilities and a R&D facility in the Netherlands.
High Times might not be quite as highly respected nowadays as it once was but that writeup of Jack Herer lineage seems to be pretty much the consensus.

Supposedly Bedrocan, the product from the company of the same name, is Jack Herer.

The Bedrocan product is cannabis flowers sold in European pharmacies. A prescription is needed to buy it (and hard to get in most countries).

They also have other products with different cannabinoid profiles.. https://bedrocan.com/cannabis-products/

Dentex

So of course to each his own ,I could care less what people like more,I grow just for me. I'm just answering to original argument.

I only grow seeds.So lines with consistency are very important to me.Ohaze is consistent in throwing good enough plants for me(and I am not easily satisfied I can tell you that).Definitely not 1 in 100 for a keeper as Shanti s haze or THH(their words).There are better lines out there,I am sure.Better pure haze lines to select a keeper for grail project,not so sure.And the touch a random male (let alone a selected one)gives to its progeny ...just impressive.

Also I have to disagree with the extremely low yield comment.

8Lcw5Gf.jpg

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
the reason i said what i did is because you dont tend to think sammy had any of nevils original cuttings,
im sure he knows what he has though , im sure nevil knew too ,
or he wouldnt have even asked for them to begin with ,

No i dont Wally or dose shanti or did Nevil once he tried the sample flowers from set clones that were sent to him.

I also have a picture of the 5HzA clone that is the mother of the Nevils Haze that Nevil gave Shanti.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
but ,, didnt nevil leave them at a an ex girlfriends brothers place , a friend of sammy,
is that in doubt also ??
i saw some post by sammy or someone similar to indicate nevil did think he had those cuts ,
so what you think isnt really of any value ,
and of course shanti wouldnt know either, since he wasnt there ...

you mns guys are always running around sowing the seeds of doubt,
talking down others experiences , while at the same time talking up your own ,
its pretty funny and often ironic how you guys do this , quite laughable in fact ,
touting about things that you couldnt know , or have seen , or experienced , are not true ...

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
That’s interesting @CannaT .
I guess I need to widen my horizons in regards to Jack. Wasnt Afghan used in the JH parents?
You dont need to widen horizons...you just need to grow few packs. From 9 week to 13-14 flower and all plant to some procent have obvious haze influence.
Even 8-9 weekers had uplifting and positive high.
All phenos while burn had hazy vibes....
Simple master breeding was made with Jack and thats all.
If you want Haze pre Amnesia and you donz want flower for 120days and then harvest em I high shit ?

Buy some Jack and thats all...not any pheno is pungent on ghani way at all.
As I said 100 times every pheno smell more to hemp thsn to ogs,cheese,shiva sk....

But every pheno its noticable with high,
You know that you are high.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
I never understood why, among so many varieties, Bedrocan chose JH, it probably has an optimal composition of terpenes / active ingredients/cannabinoids.
A friend's father hired him for a while, I found out long after it was JH ....
Becouss you never smoked real propper grown jack...if you would smoked it you will know.

Its weed with antidepressive qualities....a real anty depressant.
Its hard to grow right any plant, expecially sensitive sativa like jack on balcony.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
you mns guys are always running around sowing the seeds of doubt,
talking down others experiences , while at the same time talking up your own

What is your real motivation here Wally ?

It seems to be to discredit a seed compay (Mr Nice ) and promote your self and Sammy ?

Lets deal with facts.

The only person Nevil ever validated as having his plant library was Shanti.

Nevil arranged for set clones to be collected by Sammy and sent to him but that never happened did it instead these clones ended up in other seed company's hands and with people like you. Dodgy shit right there but let's just over look that part right lol.

Nevil arranged for flower samples to be sent to him of the clones and after smoking the flowers Nevil no longer wanted them because (Nevils wards) if they were the same clones they have lost all there spark or they were not the real clones.

Then all Nevil wanted from Holland was the HzC.

So whens the big day when you guys launch the new seed venture lol.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
where have i discredited any seed companies??

i like shanti and have grown some great plants from seed he sold me ,
ive made no secret of that and promoted him where i needed as far as having good stock ,
well that i tried anyhow , i have no idea what has happened between those years and now so cant really speak for the current stuff ...

my comment about mns was about members from there like yourself , and guys like dark storm , xet etc ,
who seem to be always stirring shit about haze and in fact you guys tend to discredit folks ,
llike sammy ,, karma ,, sam , myself , and im sure others ,
bringing your gripes and angst over here , starting arguments,
and just being plain tossers ,
every thread you spend much time in gets closed ,
any clue as to why??

what new seed venture btw ?
ive always made seed and shared them ,
i like doing it , you should try it sometime , its rewarding to see folks grow seed one has made ,
and even moreso if they enjoy it of course ,
and yes i made a bunch of seeds that included mango haze and c5 ,
mostly so i could grow them because i grow a fair few plants when i decide to ,
but also to share with friends,
heck i even shared seed with shanti at some point ...
probably got a picture around here somewhere ...
a bit of laos mango x z99 ,
thats laos x mango haze of course ...
20221024_071755.jpg

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕ 🦫
I'm interested into this strain but I don't hear much about it or see many grow reports about it.

Would you guys recommend it? Is it really the Holy Grail of Haze (hybrids)? Anybody any pictures perhaps? Or have a growlog?

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
where have i discredited any seed companies??

i like shanti and have grown some great plants from seed he sold me ,
ive made no secret of that and promoted him where i needed as far as having good stock ,
well that i tried anyhow , i have no idea what has happened between those years and now so cant really speak for the current stuff ...

my comment about mns was about members from there like yourself , and guys like dark storm , xet etc ,
who seem to be always stirring shit about haze and in fact you guys tend to discredit folks ,
llike sammy ,, karma ,, sam , myself , and im sure others ,
bringing your gripes and angst over here , starting arguments,
and just being plain tossers ,
every thread you spend much time in gets closed ,
any clue as to why??

what new seed venture btw ?
ive always made seed and shared them ,
i like doing it , you should try it sometime , its rewarding to see folks grow seed one has made ,
and even moreso if they enjoy it of course ,
and yes i made a bunch of seeds that included mango haze and c5 ,
mostly so i could grow them because i grow a fair few plants when i decide to ,
but also to share with friends,
heck i even shared seed with shanti at some point ...
probably got a picture around here somewhere ...
a bit of laos mango x z99 ,
thats laos x mango haze of course ...
View attachment 18782912
That looks really good Sir Donald… and you know I can vouch for your C-5 mango haze :shooty: