What's new

Hobby Growing with Friends

grow2bfree

Hello everyone. I have not posted in a very long time. But I have to let everyone know. My dear friend of 15 years Tom aka Outame has passed away. He laid down for a nap after being up all night with what he thought was indigestion and had a massive heart attack in his sleep. He passed at approx 2 pm on May 14th. He will be greatly missed. He was a great gardener and even a better friend. I will be posting my grows again in his memory. We met on OG so many years ago. We both learned alot from each other and living close to each other shared a very close friendship. I am proud to calll him one of, if not my best friend. He is survived by the love of his life, his wife Denise and his son Rick. Please join me in sending prayers for his family. This was so unexpected. It has hit us very hard. He ws 50 years young. Thank you.

Last edited:

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn that really sucks about Outame. It's been a pleasure to get to see him grow so many beautiful plants throughout the many years. His thread was the first grow thread I started reading when I first found Overgrow.

Sending lots of love to his family and friends.

hieagle420

Cannabis Creeper
Veteran
RIP outame . A great friend, grower and all around great guy. You will be missed. Blowing smoke for you brother. Prayers to the family. Keep It Green and Stay Safe..HE

grow2bfree

Thanks for the heart felt responses. I rescued 5 plants he had just started b4 he passed. I think he told me they were Golden Cindy. Ended up being 3 males, two females. I culled 2 of the males. I am seeding the females with the male that was most uniform with the females. I will freeze the seeds, so I will always have his last grow. Will be taking clones of the females for some sensi, probably tomorrow. Will post some pics soon. I also inherited his seed stock. Some he had posted pics of. Looks like some good genes. Looking forward to growing those out at a later date. I may share some of the seeds of Golden Cindy when finished to a select few. Especially to those who have shared and helped him in the past. PM me if interested. These are not ment to be freebies, but to go to people to whom it will mean more to than just "I want some free seeds".

On another note. I lost one of my personal favorite strains. I tried to reorder them twice, both times seeds ended up being crap. So I am looking for some viable Green Spirit seeds. If you have any you are willing to share pm me please. Thanks and be safe.

paper thorn

Veteran
I was floored when Denise gave us the sad news about O. He was a great friend.
grow2bfree, I so glad you were able to save the golden cindy grow he had started. i had a super pineapple smelling girl, too bad i didn't clone that one. here's what the abbreviations stand for:

sw= sweet warp = texeda timewarp x sweet tooth
bbskunk= blueberry skunk from bigtex
mofo is a mother's finest x bogs lifesaver from brother bear had a key lime pie smell. very strong smell.
dg is dreamgoddess = dreamweaver/godbud
colombian biko = this was an AnnaC strain, strong smoke
mod = kali mist/destroyer
elephant= unknown
wrbb=white russian blueberry

the mofo, elephant and tahoe crosses are from jan. '14.
the diesel cross from i think 2013 or 12.
i popped 22 out of 24 of the mofo x recently. good plants.

hit me up with any questions or whatever

Last edited:

TokerBabe~

Words escape me, my dear brother. :( You will be so missed.

I am so very sad to hear about Tom. I first met Tom back in early 2003 on OG. I will miss our many talks (and laughs!), through the years. Such a great guy!!

My sincerest heartfelt condolences to his friends and family. I am so sorry.

Latest posts

Latest posts