What's new

Hobby Growing with Friends

MedUser420

sup HE, i can't believe this thread is still active!! i cant wait to flower he PI again!! do u still have access to black thai?

Hindu Killer

Veteran
Ahhh Im back......good to see everyone.

Man there are some skilled growers that visit this thread. Im on a hunt...looking for Berkley and MTF......legal med patient aswell. So if any one is holding either..please holler.

Last edited:

Frogger

hey guys, i'm getting ready to start up again. wanted to show some pics of the tents i got off ebay. got a 4x8x7 and a 2x4x5 tent for ~ 300 bucks shipped. Its more expensive than my last grow room but these are so simple to put together and take apart.

I started a thread asking for advice on lighting but after a week i got zero help so I'll ask you guys. what should i run in the big tent? i have 2 400's a 1k and a 600 hps/mh. plus i have a light mover. i'm not opposed to buying another 600 watt either.

heres some pics
I've been looking at them too killa and the same for E-bay

Hindu Killer

Veteran
Pretty plants HE....system is looking to be..dwc recirculateing, 12 buckets and 2000 watts in 8x9. Will that be enough lumens?

hieagle420

Cannabis Creeper
Veteran
Pretty plants HE....system is looking to be..dwc recirculateing, 12 buckets and 2000 watts in 8x9. Will that be enough lumens?

youll need 3600 watts for 50w per sq ft..2000 watts is about 28watts per sq ft.. either up the lights or smaller space..

the 1000w should put out around 120,000-140,0000 lumens each..

Keep It Green and Stay Safe..HE

grow2bfree

HE - Long time no see. I know you have been around for a long time and I know you produce seed from time to time. I have a question for you. Have you ever tried to germinate 5-6 yr old seeds (not necessarily stored in ideal conditions). If so do you have any advice in raising a miracle. If I can find a highly successful rate, it could be good for all of us. I just happen to have some original IPBB that Tom gave me, way back when. Sure would like to revive it, growth structure was awesome, would love to experiment with some crosses. (other than the ones I already did, but in same boat 5-6 yr old).
Thanks

Anyone else feel free to chime in.

Howdy -O-, Killa

Peace

hieagle420

Cannabis Creeper
Veteran
grow2bfree-- i still have some of those seeds 2, but mine got mixed up with killas BS1 X condo99,.. i would try some in papertowels just a couple to see if they will germ that way.. i have had luck germin seeds over 10yr old.. and they were not stored,but in a baggie... Let me know if that dont work for ya.. Keep It Green and Stay Safe..HE

Hindu Killer

Veteran
3600 watts.....will I need a electrician to look at things?? Should these be aircooled bulbs...what are the choices? Its going to happen brother.

Might aswell put 4 1000's in there then....

grow2bfree

HE - Thanks for the advice. Just knowing that you have actually had beans that old germ, makes me feel a little better.

Peace

hieagle420

Cannabis Creeper
Veteran
3600 watts.....will I need a electrician to look at things?? Should these be aircooled bulbs...what are the choices? Its going to happen brother.

Might aswell put 4 1000's in there then....

yeah i would use cool tubes.. check out MDhydro.com they have the lowest price on cool tubes..

how olds the building and whats coming in 100amps or 200amps??

if it is in a house i would run a dedicated lines from the breakers to your grow space..

i know you are legal.. but what you gonna tell a electrician if he ask why??

long as you have atleast 3 breakers 30 amps or above free.. that would run all your fans, lights, and a/c.. :dance013:

grow2bfree-- hey if they dont germ for ya PM me..

Keep It Green and Stay Safe..HE

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
G2BF- I just recenly germed lots of seeds over 5 years old. I keep my seeds in a plastic bag in a cabinet so not a ideal location. But I can't just have my seeds hanging in the fridge like I'm supposed to. IPxBB is that the strain that Otame used to run all the time? Speaking of O where the hell has he been?

HK- cain't wait to see the room a glow. What's the plant count like in your state? I can't wait till where medical. The people want it but it seems to me its more about politics now than getting the sick there medicine which is truley sad. Some of our dear freinds we have probley can't wait another year till this passes into law.

Hindu Killer

Veteran
Im going to check it out.....was just talking to the guy at the local shop yesterday. Ofcourse he is trying to sell me this or that. I want to veg in the same type of container I flower in.....and its going to be a recirculateing DWC. 12 5 gallon buckets. What kind of veg time do you guys figure to get decent yields??

12 is my number G! However old girl is getting her card, thats 12 more and then she will be a caregiver...so up to 5 patients of whom she can run 12 for EACH of them. Im thinking maybe one patient...put our # at 36.

grow2bfree

Guy - ~O~ is still around. We visited with him and his a couple of weeks ago as we are pretty close to each other. He as some babies going. I don't remember if it was pure Tangerine Haze, or the mix he got from HE. (which he shared a few a beans. Thanks ~O~ and HE). By the way, HE, I got to try some of the mix he had left. This particular one, you could tell it had a strong SD influence. Very nice.

As for me, I have one Green Spirit from Dutch Passion that I got to germ. (I think I just got a pack of strange seeds, they were really tiny, looked mature, but just strange, not like the ones I have had before). Anyway, still have it under floro will be flipping soon to sex. If it is female, will probably take clones. (I likes me the Green Spirit)

Will be starting to attempt to germ some old seeds as a test today. I have just enough seeds of a F1 chronic x IPBB cross I made to try 3 diff methods i think. Thinking I will try scarification, cutting the tip off, and the "tweezer pop method". Will let u guys know in a few hours when I decide for sure. Would really like to give that cross a try. Plus if I can find a method that works, Hopefully I can revive the IPBB, plus a few other strains I have collected.

Peace

grow2bfree

OK, here is what I did:

I took 5 and scraped the end with a razor. Placed them in a coffee cup of distilled water.
I took 5 and shook them in a bottle lined with 180 grit sandpaper. Placed them in a coffee cup of distilled water.
I took 5 and did nothing to the seed, but I took a bit of Olivia's cloning gel and disolved it in a coffee cup of water.

I have placed a cover over the cups and will let them soak for 12-24hrs. I will then use the paper towel method to finish them off.

We will see. Wish me luck.

Latest posts

Latest posts