What's new

Hobby Growing with Friends

xen_dau

killabrown420 said:
yeah i kinda guessed it might be you bb2k. still waiting on that dsd... haha j/k man. welcome back! hit me up when you can pm

No doubt bruh.... I got some ish to tell you guys about.

Its been a crazy couple years...

You know I never clone the DSD due to my buddy's "edward scissorhand" routine. But remember I had obtained some Grape Punch, LifeStar BX1, SWT#3, Straberry Diesel, and Sour Diesel IBL? I was gifted some A11, Schrom, and Sour D clones... (wink) Well some of the story (PM) has to do with that "failed" grow.

But on to the goodies...

I have 2 BOG Grape Punch ladies and 2 SWT#3 ladies outside right now...

Not the best looking or best tended grow, but still some grade "A" smoke. (Yes I sampled early... :noway: )

I need to fore the SWT#3 to go a week or two longer (no amber trichs yet) since I have caught PM. Yes... I have caught PM and have purchased some DM "Zone" to help tone it back before cut and cure. Luckily the buds arent near as impacted as the leaves.

Here is a close up of the SWT#3 (lower bud - sorry for quality, cheap cam and loupe shot)

Didnt turn out bad for an outdoor attempt. So far.

The Grape Punch are about 4 weeks away from finish. Seems so far. Thats nearly Halloween!!!! UGH!!! but she has start showing signs of PM too. So I need to treat them (and the SWT#3) now.

I want to PM you, HE and Phil, but I gotta get the post count up.

Last edited:

killabrown420

well guys I just checked my babies and it seems the store bought soil I got from walmart was contaminated with some type of fungus spore, cause now I have tons of little yellow mushrooms growing all up in my cups. the babies are just starting to show some signs of stress, and i really doubt i'm going to be able to salvage them at all. FUCK! It pisses me off so much that wal mart can sell complete shit and ruin this batch of dank seeds. i mean i guess it's not a huge loss since i can always start more but it still wasted a couple weeks which is going to set me back. you can sort of see them in that pic i posted, they look like bits of perlite, except yellow. now they are full blown mushrooms, and not the magical kind either.

K

krushonkush

Shit! sorry to hear about your luck, Killa!
makes me have bad dreams about my SourD.
I hope all is well aside from this minor set back.
keep us posted......thanks again bro! later
:joint:

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
Fine...

Fine...

xen_dau said:
How are ya pups Phil?

were u the guy i was suppose to meet in tennessee?? I had to fly all the way from the Islands to meet u and u pulled a no show...just kidding..dogs are fine. Ms. Maybelline took 1st. place on sat. and 2nd. place on sun. at the american dog breeders association show over the laborday weekend. here she is...Hope this helps. :joint:

xen_dau

PhilCuisine said:
were u the guy i was suppose to meet in tennessee?? I had to fly all the way from the Islands to meet u and u pulled a no show...just kidding..dogs are fine. Ms. Maybelline took 1st. place on sat. and 2nd. place on sun. at the american dog breeders association show over the laborday weekend. here she is...Hope this helps. :joint:

She looks great! Congrats man!!!

I thought I talked to you about my "dog" incident?

Well so you and the guys know:

Yeah... some ish went down, my ex let the dogs out on accident and they fucked up a neighbor.
(Never person aggressive but I had caught the guy tormenting them before)
I was 30 miles away downtown, and she went by my place, let herself in and let the dogs out by accident.

I plead guilty to "Wreckless Conduct". But am still pissed about how things went down. I wasnt even home... But I took the rap for the "ex" as she didnt have a record and I already did. No need for her to get dirty. So I took the fall, got hit with a weekend in jail, 24 months on probation (which is why Ive been gone so long), over $2000 in fines, 240 hours of community sevice & couldnt own a dog until I got off probation.

The dude ended up getting some neighborhood kids, the broke into my place (while the dogs had been taken by Animal Control), and cleaned me out!! EVERYTHING!!! And what they didnt take they destroyed. All tools, clothes electronics, etc. they destroyed my furniture, and bedding. Needless to say i moved, and sold the place (was buying it to make it a rental).

Some of it (the time) was pretty cool though... I spent a lot of time at the animal shelter that I used to volunteer at BEFORE that ish went down. The guy who runs the place basically wrote me a "He did Community Service" letter without me doing hardly any of it. I have built kennels, bought bags of food regularly, aquired fencing, land clearing, dog bowl washing, etc. for them for a few years now. He knows I spend a ton of time there when I can. But I wont be owning APBT again until I get some private land I own. They are simply too stigmatized and too much drama if they even want to PLAY with someone.

Next dog will probably be a mutt... Maybe a rescue. Was think Australian Cattle Dog. Still medium and if it cant take a kick from a bull and cattle, then its still tuff enough to distract most unwelcomed guest. At least until I can grab the Mossberg. LOL

Soon as I get my count up we will chat.

Ive missed the hobby... (especially the smoke - you guys too! LOL) Got off probation about 2 months ago, and have had very little if any quality smoke since. 25 a gram here for Purp and Im between jobs right now. So its schwag for me until I get this SWT#3 and Grape Punch finished.

Like I said... remember that bog grow I had done with some guys I knew???
Hmmmmmm.... All i can say is I got screwed, but KARMA is a REAL BITCH when you dick around with one of her loyal followers. After they "cut me out" of the grow... They called me 2 months later begging and willing to pay for me to come save their current grow. This AFTER they refused to return my lighting (2 - 400w hps) and a few books (cannabibles 1-3, and book of buds 1 & 2), and a ton of my beans and clones kindly gifted to me from a friend here. (Schrom, A11, and ECSD clones)

Well anyway... enough of the sob shyt... Things while not the best are going good, and I am thankful. So much could have been worse.

Right now... 4 girls outside (as I dont have the lights or the money to afford them right now) 2 - SOL SWT#3 and 2 - BOG Grape Punch. I set them out late, in early July so they arent large unfortunately.

I still have some beans though!!! Rez Original Strawberry Ds, BOG LifeStar BX1. I also have 2 Rez Sour D IBL that just sprouted. (Hopefully I wil have some lights soon.)

Im glad to be back and amongst good people.

Yours In Grow...

(sorry for the wall of text and rambling)

killabrown420

no worries, bbk, next time split it up into like 30 posts to get that count up..lol

i hear ya on woes, sounds like you ran into some. I think all of us have had our share of some in the last few years. I've been going through that "what next?" stage. But it's not all bad, I graduated from college w/ a degree, traveled in central america for a few months living out my dream. I pretty much bailed on things after I graduated. Dumped the g/f, abandoned the grow, put my stuff in storage and took off. I'm taking things day to day now, just trying to carry on the mentality I had while I was traveling. I'm looking to get a dog soon. My new place has a big fenced in front yard and a screened in porch for the pooch. I need to start checking out the shelters for mutts. I hope i find one that i take a liking to. Last dog i adopted turned out to be a hellion. Thankfully non-aggressive but was just wild and didn't want to be caged, either in the house or in a fenced in yard. I hope this next dog will be loyal and smart, like the ones I had growing up as a kid. Phil, that is a real beaut you got there, congrats!

xen_dau

killabrown420 said:
no worries, bbk, next time split it up into like 30 posts to get that count up..lol

i hear ya on woes, sounds like you ran into some. I think all of us have had our share of some in the last few years. I've been going through that "what next?" stage. But it's not all bad, I graduated from college w/ a degree, traveled in central america for a few months living out my dream. I pretty much bailed on things after I graduated. Dumped the g/f, abandoned the grow, put my stuff in storage and took off. I'm taking things day to day now, just trying to carry on the mentality I had while I was traveling. I'm looking to get a dog soon. My new place has a big fenced in front yard and a screened in porch for the pooch. I need to start checking out the shelters for mutts. I hope i find one that i take a liking to. Last dog i adopted turned out to be a hellion. Thankfully non-aggressive but was just wild and didn't want to be caged, either in the house or in a fenced in yard. I hope this next dog will be loyal and smart, like the ones I had growing up as a kid. Phil, that is a real beaut you got there, congrats!

Thanks for the words bro!!!

Sounds like things are goin good for you. (Now at least.) Yeah we all go through shyt. I am at what seems like an "up" part of life, even tho I am not gainfully employed. I too am thinking about picking up and moving. To the next city or state or across the country. Im up for it. Need to do it now if I am going to do it tho. No dogs, no glady, no ties.

Ya know life is all about the ups and downs. Just gotta keep ya chin up. And let the waves of the ups carry you through the troughs of the downs.
But yeah bruh... soon as I hit 50, Imma drop you guys some more info.

xen_dau

Oh yeah.... Thanks for showing some love guys...

Killa, GreenJeans... Man I forgot really how great this place can be.
(So long as you stay clear of some of the drama that occurs from time to time.)
LOL

(23 post to go...) LOL

hieagle420

Cannabis Creeper
Veteran
Xen Dau--- welll hell glad you are back.. hopefully this time you gonna stick around awhile...lol... some friends you got there Xen...them bastards... i know how thats shit is bro.. it never good..

Killa--420 at your house this yr?? j/k lol..

Outame- i making some THaze BX beans.. they should be ready in about 1-2 weeks.. holla at me..

Keep It Green and Stay Safe.. HE

xen_dau

hieagle420 said:
Xen Dau--- welll hell glad you are back.. hopefully this time you gonna stick around awhile...lol... some friends you got there Xen...them bastards... i know how thats shit is bro.. it never good..

Keep It Green and Stay Safe.. HE

Ya man... I seethed for some time and dreamed of pay back. But then I knew Ms Karma would punish me and truly shes an evil bitch when you cross her.

So after a while and some deep thought it was better to leave well enough alone. There would have been no way to hash it out without some shyt going down and frankly... I had enough going on in my life and it simply wasnt worth it.

It good to be back... Thanks to all you guys for the welcome back and show of love!!!

Question:

You guys think I should go back to bigbud_2000 or bb2k? (assuming its possible.) Or should I keep this handle?

killabrown420

well if you can get back under an old name w/ more posts go for it, but if you have to start from scratch, it'll just set you back another 30 posts. just put it in your sig or something so ppl will know who you are.

xen_dau

I dont think Admin will let me back under kaizersoze....

bigbud_2000 was OG, never had it here.

But nah man... I dont think many besides you guys would remember me. I'll probably stay xen_dau.

Was just curious what you guys thought.

teddybud

spreadin da love
Veteran
heres what comes down in a week for me.

dj shorts original blueberry f5

got two bb mothers veggin under floro right now

2buds

killa, go find you a small nursey and get you some good soil. Of all things to have in a neighborhood, I got a nursery just blocks away that always has fresh clean soil so I consider myself lucky. They appreciate the business and load it for me.

Anywho, how's it going man? Got bud? Look into a 400hps and run a CMH bulb in it. 1k is a lot of heat man.

Last edited:

xen_dau

Here's a cut and paste from the OUTDOOR forum I wanted to post here to get you alls input as well.

I Didnt want to link to it OR want you guys to miss it. As I value your inputs as well. Maybe even more so...
(Hell, I remember some of you alls first grows on OG... LOL and how we all used to hang in the other's diary threads... man those were the days...)

Okay guys (and gals),

I have 2 situations, and instead of spam I thought I could pose BOTH here, and get input for the community.

Some background:
Planted all 4 in first week in July from indoor plants I had grown from seed and didnt have indoor set up ready to accept them. So outside they went.
Medium hole dug, potting soil placed in hole, and topped off with natural earth (red clay - LOL)

I live in the South Eastern US. Middle Georgia-Alabama area.
Temps currently are about 80 degrees in the day (high) and about 55 degrees at night (lows). The plants are about 30"+ None taller than 35".

I know 12/12 doesnt apply for outdoor growing but I am stuck...

Not sure when to take down my plants, not to mention how much longer my BOG Grape Punch can go.

On to the Dilemmas:

Dilemma #1: I have 4 plants outside currently. 2 (Sweet Tooth #3) are much more developed than the other 2 (Grape Punch). All the hairs have turned on my SWT#3, but some tops on the GP still showing white (and buds still have not swollen). I think the SWT#3 would almost be ready, but I dont THINK I have seen that second "swell" yet. I could be wrong.

I have viewed trichromes and quite a few are still clear, cant recall seeing amber yet. I have checked mid plant and lowr part of the top buds. (but I also know this isnt always accurate for outdoor plants some side of the plant tends to get more lighting then rest and this may acount for more amber tichs on that side.

Pics:

SOL - Sweet Tooth #3 (Pheno #1)

SOL - Sweet Tooth #3 (Pheno #2)

SOL - Sweet Tooth #3 (Pheno #2)

BOG - Grape Punch (Pheno #1)

Dilemma #2: I have a buddy who is gifting me an outdoor plant. It is nothing special... Bad seed, but man... It is a beautiful plant. He doesnt live far from me, and started it from seed late. About June some time. It is a lady, but she is just now showing hairs... No buddage at all... about 12"-14" tall.

Question... Should I try and let her finish outdoors and just see what she gives? OR do you think I should dig her up try and trim her back some and try and maintain her indoors until I finish the indoor set up??

Last edited:

killabrown420

xen, if it's bagseed i would just let it be and hope for the best. not worth growing indoors imo. if you remember my first OG grows they were bagseed indoor and I can tell you even though it looked pretty growing, it was still schwagg when it was finished. i'd be worried about bringing in bugs as well. once they get in your house it'll be a bitch and a half to get rid of them.

2buds, whats up buddy!?! Nah man, no bud here. I quit smoking for a few weeks, and just recently toked up again on some really decent stuff a friend ( ;) ) sent. It was good to take a break though as now I'm not fiending for it anymore like I was ...lol I'm starting to appreciate a good dark brew more and more these days. Eating healthy and exercising everyday has kept my mind off the herb. I also went to the outer banks this past weekend and surfed some of the heaviest east coast waves yet. It was a nice little mini-vacation. Got to do some camping right on the sound, fishing in between sessions, cooking over an open fire, only thing that could of made it better was some good herb to toke on.

I'm still debating on what kind of setup I want to construct. I almost want to go the cabinet route again, like my old multi-chamber setup. Either that or constructing something similar to the grow tent i built last time, using just black and white poly to seal it up instead of wood. with those cmh bulbs, do you have to have a special ballast? Maybe I could use 3 400's this time, one for veg, the other two for flower. I've been scanning craigslist and ebay for deals, do you know of any other good places for deals? i could build my own @ 1000bulbs for cheap, but i'd still have to build a reflector or cool tube for them. Help me brainstorm guys. I have about 500 bucks to play with at least to start. After the first harvest I might be able to upgrade as the temps will be much cooler inside the house. I already have a 400 watt, but it's about 6 years old, same with the blower I have. I also have small wattage hps lights available that I could use to veg small seedlings/clones.

xen_dau

killabrown420 said:
xen, if it's bagseed i would just let it be and hope for the best. not worth growing indoors imo. if you remember my first OG grows they were bagseed indoor and I can tell you even though it looked pretty growing, it was still schwagg when it was finished. i'd be worried about bringing in bugs as well. once they get in your house it'll be a bitch and a half to get rid of them.

2buds, whats up buddy!?! Nah man, no bud here. I quit smoking for a few weeks, and just recently toked up again on some really decent stuff a friend ( ;) ) sent. It was good to take a break though as now I'm not fiending for it anymore like I was ...lol I'm starting to appreciate a good dark brew more and more these days. Eating healthy and exercising everyday has kept my mind off the herb. I also went to the outer banks this past weekend and surfed some of the heaviest east coast waves yet. It was a nice little mini-vacation. Got to do some camping right on the sound, fishing in between sessions, cooking over an open fire, only thing that could of made it better was some good herb to toke on.

I'm still debating on what kind of setup I want to construct. I almost want to go the cabinet route again, like my old multi-chamber setup. Either that or constructing something similar to the grow tent i built last time, using just black and white poly to seal it up instead of wood. with those cmh bulbs, do you have to have a special ballast? Maybe I could use 3 400's this time, one for veg, the other two for flower. I've been scanning craigslist and ebay for deals, do you know of any other good places for deals? i could build my own @ 1000bulbs for cheap, but i'd still have to build a reflector or cool tube for them. Help me brainstorm guys. I have about 500 bucks to play with at least to start. After the first harvest I might be able to upgrade as the temps will be much cooler inside the house. I already have a 400 watt, but it's about 6 years old, same with the blower I have. I also have small wattage hps lights available that I could use to veg small seedlings/clones.

I think you are right killa.... I will move the bag seed to outside near my others. Bad thing is... I have to bring outdoor plants in... As I am going to try and reveg the SWT #3 and Grape Punch. (The best specimen of each)

hieagle420

Cannabis Creeper
Veteran
TeddyBud-- looking great bro.. keep up the great work... hope it taste like blueberry.. you tried out the Dabney Blue yet??

Killa-mdhyro.com got cool tubes for $69 cheapest price on the net.. i get my soil from lowes i just switched over to peatmoss and love it.. my moms i now have in a flood and drain.. only floods once a day.. all moms are now in 16 oz cups and still get big.24inches... In the flowering chamber i have switched over to 1/2 gal grow bags and peatmoss.. still get the same yield or better than 5gallons of soil.. way better use of space and can still get plants to put out 2-4oz each..

Xen-- yeah i leave the bagseed outdoors it should finish outside no matter how cold it gets.. just have to watch the rain. if you gonna reveg them you need to make sure the bottom branches will still be green.. but i would say they could stay outside until middle of month.. if no heavy rains fall..

I get some pics of the Chamber this weekend.. got alot of seeds made with the Tangerine Tar male i found.. looks just like teh Tangerine HAze mom in veg.
Keep IT Green and Stay Safe.. HE

outame 2

HE,what is the BX side composed of?I have 9 months to play with now,and the tangerine haze crossed with something to keep her shorter would be perfect for me.I need something short,with good yield.Last time I did the T haze she hit the ceiling.Not complaining,but I need something smaller to deal with.

Just got a couple of sprouts of deep chunk x blueberry going,gonna see what they do.

Last edited: