What's new

HL45.PPK.1.0 17lightsx2 Sealed with Co2

G

GMax

I put a power strip on the cycle timer and both pumps worked off of one timer just fine. The float valve did its job as it should.

I run 14 pumps off of one cycle timer no problems...just dont exceed the amperage and your fine...got a bunch of those floats too they are great !

which cycle timer you got ??

Mister_D

Veteran
Hey bobble i'm going to try and remember to test orca against primer this weekend, so keep an eye out for that in my thread in the next few days.

HL thanks for testing orca against reflectix also. I was planning to grab some for the same reason, but now I don't have to :good:

ImaginaryFriend

Fuck Entropy.
Veteran
Im gonna use some foam board and spray adhesive.
I've seen some pretty clever reflector-type-thingies built out of this approach.

But isn't there something super sketchy about using it? Melting, fire, off gassing or all of the above?

I'm pretty damn sure it's not open flame rated.

But it is light.

I don't know.

Think twice?

Did I skip over the part on what meter you went with. True umol, or a FC conversion?

TURBD

I am also intrested in the light results. Also against painted/primer.
I just painted with a mold/mildue resistant bathroom paint. @$45 per gal. if I don't have to cover it up it would be nice.

ImaginaryFriend

Fuck Entropy.
Veteran
the inside of a compost room that would get up to 160
HL, your grows have it together.

Do what you have to do, but it seems like serious fire danger to me.

A bare bulb is way hotter than 160 degrees.

You may be safe around it, and aware of it, but with other cats moving through the room... I dunno. Seems sketch to me. (In the thread where that guy was using it like a tunnel-reflector, I got scared. He was relying on a window fan to move enough air to keep his grow from burning down. It's one thing to burn your plants and loose some yield, but it's another to burn your shit to the ground. And so many people were behind it. Remember, you can't harvest if your dead.)

Last edited:

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
i ran a homemade 6' parabolic reflector made of reflectix with a 1k vertical mh in it for about a year.

it was made of 5 equilateral triangles which formed a pentagon with about a 35 degree angle.

anyway the bulb was less than 8" from the plastic and the plastic did not even get hot to the touch.

D

DHF

IF`s just erring on the side of safety , and glad yas had no problems with the homemade reflector D9......but....

HL.....Came up with this several yrs back for a growbro on the left coast that wanted separate areas in his basement to monocrop but wasn`t flippin and all the lights came on and went off at the same time with no fear of light leaks and hermaphroditism......

Talked him into screwin eyehooks spaced out on the floor joists and he hung conduit with jack chain and hung reflectix with shower curtain rings so he could keep the bubblewrap close for max reflectivity and move it back as the plants bushed out sideways from the sideways lumens......

I`m kinda sorta like IF bout foam board gettin hot and potentially offgassin or worse , meltin even if it`s used and supposedly done all the offgassin it`s gonna do......if that`s even possible with shit like that , but D9 says no worries as long as environment`s dialed....so....just a thought and hereta help...... so....

Hang some reflectix and orca shower curtains fer shit`s and giggles at least at first without the foamboard and let us know how things progress....

Growbro taped that shit together with metal ductape and achored it to the floors with bricks to prevent floppin with all the air movent through the grow areas....simple....babyshit.... now....

Get backta work..... :moon:.......

Peace....Freds......:ying:......

bloyd

Veteran
There was actually a thread not long ago where someone posed the question whether it would be a good idea to use reflectix as a reflector.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=240330

Reflectix is truly amazing stuff. I haven't seen orca in person so can't give any advice there.

Things look great in here HL! Great ingenuity, and very clean new setup.

ImaginaryFriend

Fuck Entropy.
Veteran
anyway the bulb was less than 8" from the plastic and the plastic did not even get hot to the touch.

Reflectex reflects the infrared spectrum. The orca might too... but my experience with foam board say's it'll burn messy.

I hate to dwell on this, but I'd hate to see it go bad for you highlife.

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350351321.253032.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350351321.253032.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts