What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Himalayan Ganjas Geurilla Grow In The Swamp

Swamp Thang

Veteran
BAT GUANO was used

To a cannabis plant, bat guano has got to be the nectar of the gods. The vigor of the plants in the above pictures is testimony to the power of bat guano.

Not having access to bat guano in my neck of the woods, I just got done burying a number of pelagic fish, whole, in the bottom of two-foot deep holes that are then filled with a blend of rich soil, fermented chicken manure, and worm castings that I gather myself.

Hopefully when my seedlings are grown enough to plant out, I will see results approaching those on display in this swamp grow thread. Got a lemon themed selection of trees to plant out this year, ranging from Lemon Cake, to Golden Lemon Haze, to Supreme Lemon, and all stops in between. I look forward to harvest time here in the 12/12 Equatorial tropics. If my plants turn out as good as your examples highlighted in this thread, I will certainly post a swamp grow journal to document the adventure.

dufous

I have a new swamp grow this year with renovated upgraded tubes. The Old Swamp is planted with Jake's Romulan Feminized. The New Swamp has Mandala's Satori and Purple Paro Valley.

I started the seeds indoors the first week of April, hardened them off in the garden and then out to the tubes on May 30. A raccoon dug out the runt in one tube, so no big loss. A total of 34 plants in 18 tubes. Most tubes have 2 or 3 plants.

Super easy maintenance, no watering! Just pack up the hip boots and hike out once a week to have a look.

Attachments

• 001 Stream Crossing.jpg
    001 Stream Crossing.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 002 Brush Tunnel.jpg
    002 Brush Tunnel.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 003 Romulan.jpg
    003 Romulan.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 34
  • 004 Satori.jpg
    004 Satori.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 005 Satori.jpg
    005 Satori.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 006 Satori.jpg
    006 Satori.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 007 Satori.jpg
    007 Satori.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 42

Tricko

This is genius thank you for sharing!

I had a nice spot some years ago, but it was a flood area and some years it could flood with 40 cm of water ish! I guess thats not a problem anymore... ;)

I also know about a lot of swamps around here, but i suspect the water in swamps to be wrong PH, do you do any kind of ph adjustments?

dufous

any kind of ph adjustments?

Thank you for your generously kind words.

To answer your question, no pH adjustments. None. Never had a problem with the water in the many swamps where I've had grows. Maple swamps. Cedar swamps. Swampy meadows. Ponds. It's the animals, the humidity and the effective end of the season by early October even if there's no frost. Those are the problems to manage.

Ten days now of hot, sunny weather since my post. I'm sure those plants have jumped up like crazy. Maybe it's time for a visit over the next few days! Too hot and humid today for hiking in remote places.

Tricko

that sounds promising, I have to try this. I will stay tuned for your next updates! happy growing from Scandinavia

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Nice work dufous! I've got mine in the swamp this season as well. I like how you've got them kicking it in the water like that... Pretty smart. Nice little cage setup too. In my spot the water levels are too eradic, they would drown if I did that.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Greetings and hallucinations Dufous. Your swamp growing artistry is evident as always in those pictures of a revived swamp grow.

Reporting for duty, and punching my time-card as uninvited critic to this very promising endeavor. Let the budding phase commence without further ado.

dufous

Satori Swamp Tube Grow update.

Sown indoors, April 06, 20 seeds, 100% germination in Fox Farm Light Warrior seeding mix.

Planted out early June.

Sexed Eight females, third and fourth weeks of August.

Five columnar, three christmas tree.

One of the males was the tallest, STRONGEST and thickest most tree-like plant I have ever had, growing 10 feet. I used the top to pollinate lower branches among the females, then removed it.

One female was chronically ill and infested with bugs. I removed it and noticed that the swamp tube compost was soaking wet. It's too low in the mud and needs a new spot.

One female shows distinctly purple stems, long before cold weather.

Also one bag seed female. Mom was Purple Paro Valley, father is unknown.

I have five of Jake's Romulan in the other swamp, pictures next week.. They grow like big round bushes compared to Satori's tree like central leader habit. No pest problems, excepting the ground wasps and bald faced hornets.

This may well be the best season ever in twenty-eight years of swamping. :yay:

40degsouth

Thanks Dufous,
Satori’s are becoming more attractive with every one of your posts.
Good luck for the next few weeks.
:canabis::tree::tree:

Koondense

Veteran
This is some proper guerrilla action, wishing you an amazing sunny autumn. You're killing it man.

Cheers

dufous

Leaf spot bad on the Satori's. Lost two of them. Sprayed this morning with liquid copper fungicide.

Jake's Romulan and the Purple Paro Valley bag seed are mostly unaffected.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

A few spots of botyritis on the Purple Paro Valley bag seed. Nothing to care much about. Buds are thicker than expected, probably from the unknown dad. Mom gave long, narrow wispy buds, very green, with a strong lavender scent. That one is said to be the green pheno.

picture.php

picture.php

Swamp Thang

Veteran
I love this jungle-scape, featuring towering trees laden with fearsome buds, looming over the gardener as harvest draws near.

Latest posts

Latest posts