What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Himalayan Ganjas Geurilla Grow In The Swamp

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Pictures of these stealthy swamp grows are just what the doctor ordered today.

Dufous those plants are so well camouflaged that a hiker or hunter could walk within ten feet of them and not notice them at all. If you hand't numbered them in the picture here, I wouldn't have spotted more than three of them.

After a couple of years growing hiatus, I have finally planted out a few Ace seeds in my local swamp, where I also adopted the concept of limiting the grow size to just a small handful per location. I use a pair of garden pruning shears to trim back any weeds that start to encroach or block the sun, while also leaving untouched most of the foliage surrounding the grow, so that everything blends in nicely.

Lots of inspirational pictures of swamp grows in this thread, by the way. Also, quite a few helpful grow-site camouflage lessons can be learnt from the preceding pictures, for sure. Keep them photographs coming, esteemed Swamp Meisters.

dufous

Tied up the plants today ahead of wind and rain tonight from Dorian. The Serious Six might be ready in a week or two. Durban Poison perhaps end of September. Purple Paro Valley in early October.

Attachments

• 001 Old Swamp.jpg
    001 Old Swamp.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 39
  • 002 Serious Six.jpg
    002 Serious Six.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 003 Purple Paro Valleyp.jpg
    003 Purple Paro Valleyp.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 004 Durban Poison.jpg
    004 Durban Poison.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 005 Durban Poison.JPG
    005 Durban Poison.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 43

dufous

Went out to the New Swamp yesterday. It's Mandala #1 bag seed. One plant was ready for harvest. Most of the rest probably in a week or so. I should probably go back to the old swamp and grab the Serious Six.

Attachments

• 005 New Swamp.jpg
    005 New Swamp.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 004 New Swamp.jpg
    004 New Swamp.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 003 New Swamp.jpg
    003 New Swamp.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 002 New Swamp.jpg
    002 New Swamp.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 001 New Swamp.JPG
    001 New Swamp.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 41

dufous

So I did go back to the old swamp to harvest the Serious Six. It was loaded with big happy stinky buds. The Durban Poison looks great. I cleaned up the Purple Paro Valley and cleared some brush. A good day in the swamp!

Attachments

• WP 20170124 03 31 59 Pro
    WP 20170124 03 31 59 Pro
    62.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 004 Purple Paro Valley.jpg
    004 Purple Paro Valley.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 003 Serious Six.jpg
    003 Serious Six.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 002 Serious Six.jpg
    002 Serious Six.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 001 Durban Poison.JPG
    001 Durban Poison.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 36

dufous

Thanks, man!

Nice buds and good yield with the Serious Six from a relatively small plant. Not a spot of bud rot. None. Really nice experience. Lots of stink. Very complex but there's some orange there. We'll see how it smokes. I think it's a keeper.

The Purple Paro Valley seems to be droughty. Which makes no sense, because it's in the swamp. My working theory is that the mud shrinks away from the tube as the swamp dries out in August. It's one of the older tubes. Back then, I used to line the bottom with landscape fabric.

There's rain today, which is good. I'll have to go out and water from the stream twice a week later on. It's an opportunity to pack out some soil and refurbish that tube. All of the new tubes are open to the mud. And bigger, too. Fifteen or twenty gallons of soil mix instead of five.

I've very happy with the strain selection this year and the performance from the upgraded tubes. I'll get the remaining old tubes rebuilt while it's dry now or maybe pack out some mix over the ice mid-winter deep freeze.

I'm looking at these strains, for next year:

Mandala Seeds Satori
Mandala Seeds Purple Paro Valley
Serious Six Serious Seeds
Dutch Passion Durban Poison
Ace Seeds Bangi Haze
Ace Seeds Purple Satellite

Last edited:

dufous

Anyone else see this? Looks like caterpillar poop on the lower right.

Attachments

• 001 Durban Poison.JPG
    001 Durban Poison.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 43

SolarLogos

Anyone else see this? Looks like caterpillar poop on the lower right.
Yup, that's what it looks like to me too. That little guy could be hiding down in one of the lower buds. I haven't seen them yet this year, but we usually get hit with cutworms around this time. I've already started BT, just in case. The Purple Satellite didn't need BT, they came in early.
Peace, God bless

dufous

Thanks, man. :tiphat:

I so regret not growing Purple Satellite this year. I follow all of VermontMan's posts. However, I wanted to go feminized this year to save on visits to the swamp checking for males.

The Purple Satellite and Satori. I always regret it when I don't grow Satori. Like this year. I'm already down about it. Fortunately, I still have two jars from last year's grow. :yay:

dufous

I rebuilt this old tube around the Purple Paro Valley. It lost contact with the mud. There's dry layers in the soil mix. Was five gallons, now twenty.

Attachments

• 005 Swamp Tube Rebuild.jpg
    005 Swamp Tube Rebuild.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 004 Swamp Tube Rebuild.jpg
    004 Swamp Tube Rebuild.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 003 Swamp Tube Rebuild.jpg
    003 Swamp Tube Rebuild.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 002 Swamp Tube Rebuild.jpg
    002 Swamp Tube Rebuild.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 001 Swamp Tube Rebuild.jpg
    001 Swamp Tube Rebuild.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 47

dufous

It was time to harvest the Durban Poison today. The pistils have stopped growing. The trichomes are mostly cloudy with a few clear and some amber. Just the way I like it. Smells like licorice and cloves. It's good to be out of the woods well before hunting season starts up next month.

Attachments

• 005 Durban Poison.jpg
    005 Durban Poison.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 004 Durban Poison.JPG
    004 Durban Poison.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 003 Durban Poison.jpg
    003 Durban Poison.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 47
  • 002 Durban Poison.jpg
    002 Durban Poison.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 001 Durban Poison.jpg
    001 Durban Poison.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 43

dufous

One more Mandala bagseed waiting to finish in the new swamp:

Attachments

• 001 Mandala Bagseed New Swamp.jpg
    001 Mandala Bagseed New Swamp.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 002 Mandala Bagseed New Swamp.jpg
    002 Mandala Bagseed New Swamp.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 003 Mandala Bagseed New Swamp.jpg
    003 Mandala Bagseed New Swamp.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 004 Mandala Bagseed New Swamp.jpg
    004 Mandala Bagseed New Swamp.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 005 Mandala Bagseed New Swamp.jpg
    005 Mandala Bagseed New Swamp.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 40
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=79306&pictureid=1948825[/
HI every one. this year i planted my normal amount of about 20 plants all but two were eaten by slugs. i harvested two plants and they are dry. i must say that they were really cheap seeds but the out come is great. indoor quality; much better than wheat i harvested last year.

cheers

luckily i still have half my harvest from last year. one year old bud. with time it completely turned amber no more green to be seen

hi there dufus

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Great looking ladies HG. Sorry to hear of the others, growing out in the bush can be rough for that reason and others. Nice to see you stop back around for an update. Hope mold is at a minimal for you.