What's new

Highland Thai, Johaar, Lemon Candy, Syrian, Rhino D

aliceklar

20221114_203018_2.jpg
20221114_202947_1.jpg

shiva82

where is the highland thai from ? i have only smoked the lowland thai pure. the best thai hybrid i grew was durbanthaihighflyer . loved that plant . would flower happily under a velux window in my friends loft room and produce great tasting buds and fantastic high .

M8
A thai strain inbred for 4 generations. Breeding plants were selected for early maturation, yield and quality of the high. Some individuals will turn out to be hermaphrodites. The high is fantastic. To breed out the hermaphroditism we've crossed this strain with an early maturation Durban Sativa. The result is an early maturing hybrid. The intense high of this strain will make you forget about the few hermaphrodites. One of our own favourites. Harvest: the second week of October.

aliceklar

where is the highland thai from ? i have only smoked the lowland thai pure. the best thai hybrid i grew was durbanthaihighflyer . loved that plant . would flower happily under a velux window in my friends loft room and produce great tasting buds and fantastic high .

M8
A thai strain inbred for 4 generations. Breeding plants were selected for early maturation, yield and quality of the high. Some individuals will turn out to be hermaphrodites. The high is fantastic. To breed out the hermaphroditism we've crossed this strain with an early maturation Durban Sativa. The result is an early maturing hybrid. The intense high of this strain will make you forget about the few hermaphrodites. One of our own favourites. Harvest: the second week of October.
The durban hybrid sounds fun. the Highland Thia I'm growing is a landrace - it's from TRSC. https://therealseedcompany.com/product/highland-thai-landrace-strain-cannabis-seeds/
Big vigorous plants - respond well to training. Which is a good thing. Because its going to get crowded in here soon.

aliceklar

Got a first layer of net fixed up. Flipped lights into flower on Friday at 11/13. Increased feed to 2ml@ A&B + 1ml biobizz bloom. 450ppm. Have been feeding v lightly so far (c 250-300ppm) - think some of the thais were hungry.

20221120_1.jpg

Most of the plants recovering well after the final round of pruning & grafting, starting to fill out.

aliceklar

Noticed that the ppm had shot up to 750. Checked the tapwater and rainwater inputs, and the tapwater has significantly increased its ppm (from about 300 to about 450). Unsure what the water company are doing... they are a bunch of profiteering gangsters and I do not trust them at all. There's been heavy rain here lately, which might be related. The base mix I've been using is 40% tapwater amended with nitric acid, to 60% rainwater, but I might tweak that now and check pH again.

aliceklar

Halved the amount of tapwater in the mix and the ppm reduced to about 550. That seems better. pH 5.9, a little high but acceptable. Will keep a close eye on it. Growth overall looks paler than I'd like to see, and some older leaves have interveinal yellowing, but I'm more concerned with over than with under feeding. All still growing rapidly. Have started removing some of the lower leaves & straggly lower shoots.

20221125_091420_5.jpg

20221125_091433_2.jpg

aliceklar

They are responding well to your Grafting. 😎
Thanks dude. Some of them have responded well... I've lost a few. And there are still some hanging on that could go either way. I've just pruned off most of the first two Lemon Candy males to show sex, which has hopefully rescued a couple of of grafts that were being shaded out. Of the hard pruned males, one was a rootstock, one a very vigorous graft, but I've left one decent branch of each to make pollen for the next generation.

20221127_151310_2.jpg

aliceklar

Quite a few showing sex now. Lemon Candy 2 and 6 are male, #4 is female. Of the Thais, p2 #6 and p2 #5 are male, and P1 #4 definitely female. Where males are showing, I'm pruning off everything apart from a single decent flowering branch from that graft (or rootstock) - the remaining girls can fill the gaps. Ethiopian is on the cusp. Think it might be male... in which case I'll freeze some pollen for next time, and use fresh pollen to make some Johaar & Thai pure sativa hybrids. Will know for sure in a day or two.

Everything seems to be drinking heavily now - am needing to water a lot more to get any run-off.

Last edited:
Reactions: zif

aliceklar

Flowers :D Everything is flowering. Its bloody marvellous.

Pruned the Lemon Candy males #2 & #6 and have cuts in a jar of water, they are a few days away from popping at most. All the other LC phenos I think are female. The Ethiopian is male, as suspected, and has also been pruned back to a couple of branches :( But... hey... pollen. Gotta be done :devilish: The plants want to make seed.
Most of the rest are female, with a few undeclared Thai, inc some grafts newly exposed. Lots of new budsites opened up from tying down to the net, plants are going for it now.
20221202_185411_4.jpg
20221202_185411_4a.jpg

aliceklar

Pollinated a bud each of HT
P1.4
p1.5
P2.11
P2.12

Used a mix of pollen from P2.6 and P2.3. Still a few more female phenos and maybe another male to do. Am keeping pollen refrigerated also to do a later pollination in case this one doesnt work.

Started on the Lemon Candy, too. Some nice tight bud shapes. Most interested in the terps & effects tho.

20221208_171930_6.jpg

20221208_183500_0.jpg

Ethiopian male is looking fine.
20221208_171834_3.jpg

20221208_171855_9.jpg

Am playing pollen-chicken. Will probably prune this tomorrow.

20221208_171947_5.jpg

20221208_172006_2.jpg

20221208_172213_5.jpg

And here's the graft joint for one of the Lemon Candy. Sorry bad photo - it was a difficult angle to get to! Not pretty... but effective. The tape had just started to peel off, showing how underneath the plant had built a big tough knuckle of scar tissue to bodge it all together.

20221208_183427_1.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts