What's new

Highland Thai, Johaar, Lemon Candy, Syrian, Rhino D

bleepboop

nice one for doing a deep dive on the syrians. always seemed like one of the most interesting middle east/mediterranean trsc and pretty chill to transition to indoors.
I would wonder if theres a disparity in flowering light hours between say the HT x ET wanting 9-10hrs in order to crack on and syrian preferring perhaps 12-15?

aliceklar

nice one for doing a deep dive on the syrians. always seemed like one of the most interesting middle east/mediterranean trsc and pretty chill to transition to indoors.
I would wonder if theres a disparity in flowering light hours between say the HT x ET wanting 9-10hrs in order to crack on and syrian preferring perhaps 12-15?
Cheers @bleepboop :) Have not smoked (or vaped) the syrians yet obvs, but looking & smelling good so far. leafy buds - I guess this is normal for landrace hashplants - but lots of resin. The description on TRSC said it "provides a positive, inspiring high with a feeling of mellow, physical relaxation" which sounds pretty good. I'll do a smoke report once I've sampled some. I'm hoping that #1 gives some of those effects. She's a chunky good looker with relatively dense buds - leaves now going almost black as she ripens.

And yeah the HTxE is probably going to take forever if I keep the cycle at 12/12. As soon as a few more of the main plants are harvested I'm taking it down to 11/13 or lower to encourage her to finish. Not sure about the syrians. Description says that they can be "semi-autoflowering" so I think they are just fast finishers whatever. I;ve made P2 seed with both Syrians but #1 is the one I'll probably grow again. It would be fun to stabilise a line indoors.

aliceklar

End of week 7 of flower. (apart from the M.Kush who was late to the party)

All growing happily, and smells of sweet stinkiness are starting to pervade the room (carbon filter may be stretched with this lot). Struggling physically to keep up with the hand watering - many are needing at least twice a day, and my health is still not great. Might have to curtail the grow and give away the backups rather than doing a second round.

20231203_084658_2.jpg

20231203_084703_7.jpg

20231203_084959_8.jpg

Honey Cream is frosted, fading beautifully & looking nearly done. Claimed 7 weeks on the description (RQS ime are frequently wildly optimistic about this) - still its crazy early and will take her down in about a week or so.

20231203_084756_4.jpg

Delighted with the resin and terps on the ACE CBD#1. Excited to grow out some of the crosses I've made with her - the Dance World x Johaar bx to Dance World should work nicely as a high CBD hybrid.

20231203_084904_1.jpg

20231203_084812_9.jpg

20231203_084909_8.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good, nice selection of varieties !
Rhino D looking good and frosty, hope you enjoy.
VG :tiphat:

aliceklar

Keep it up if you can,. Did you have covid ?? Hopefully you recover soon. Watering several times a day is tough.
I'm on the mend but who knows. I like the ritual of watering and paying the plants lots of attention thankfully. Its my own fault for growing so many plants in such tiny pots... I have this careful plan of what to sow and how many figuring in fems & regs etc and then before you know it Ive sown a load more. and then more. And then it gets messy.
LJs.jpg

Really curious to see how that HTxE turns out. I made the same cross three years ago but the seeds are still sitting in my fridge. I only flowered the HT long enough to make seeds but it had an amazing frankincense scent.

aliceklar

Really curious to see how that HTxE turns out. I made the same cross three years ago but the seeds are still sitting in my fridge. I only flowered the HT long enough to make seeds but it had an amazing frankincense scent.
Hi @Douglas Fir , thanks for dropping by! Flowers starting to stack a bit more densely than I've seen in HT at this stage and decent early resin on the calyxes. Looking good so far. I'll post more pics and smoke report as I go.

HT has beautiful terps for sure :love: Curious also to see what the Ethiopian brings to the high. I've plenty more of these in the fridge as well, and will pop more if this is a good smoke...

Last edited:

aliceklar

Damn. Just found mould on the top cola of the Honey Cream...

Was thinking of giving her another week, but eeek no! She's for the chop now. Shame, apart from this she has been an absolute queen. Worried Ive been letting the humidity get too high. again. sigh. Have 2 internal fans on constant + the extraction on constant, and dehumidifier just outside. Will keep a close eye.

20231209_153636_2.jpg

20231209_153504_7.jpg

20231209_153457_1.jpg

:eek:

Last edited:

aliceklar

Drama continues. Found a bad patch of mould on S.Kush #2, where a cola had lodged in a corner and not enough air circulation. Dang. Also a patch on the Royal Highness. On the bright side, both RH and SK were just about ripe at 55 days - harvested both of them this evening, along with the Syrian #4.

20231209_194228_7.jpg

Honey Cream is in exile in the bathroom for now. Had not appreciated what a pretty plant she is - big chonky buds too. But not yet ripe - hardly any cloudy trichs. Am going to see if I can finish her off in the bathroom. Will just have to not wash for a while :D Smelling pretty fragrant in here atm.

aliceklar

What kind of RH did you have?
It was up to 62% (temp 20c - 22c). I need to improve air circulation and pay more attention to buds touching the walls... (or each other). Too many plants!!

Lots of change today. The bottom part of the Royal Highness is still in the top growing space as there are some lower seeded buds I want to make sure are fully ripe. The top colas are chopped and drying, and showed a few amber trichs as well as lots of cloudy. surprised as the description said 10 weeks and this is 8 weeks on the dot. Very happy with how easy and trouble-free this plant has been - great structure and tasty fruity funky musky terps.

New arrivals in the top space are Pineapple Kush, which I've moved up there to provide a bit more visibility as she does her final week of ripening, and the runty Syrian #3, which still shows irregularity and truncation in some of its lower leaves, but is basically growing normally now (finally!). Unsure of its sex, will chuck if its male.
20231210_073128_5.jpg

20231210_073118_0.jpg

Changes in the lower (main) flower space:

I've moved the tray with the Rhino D, DW x Buddah & Syrian #1 (I mislabeled the photo... the dark leaved one is def Syrian #1, the tall fruity one was #4) to the back corner in place of the Pineapple Kush - they can now benefit from some more intense light as they finish up. The backup Honey Cream #2 has been moved into their old place at the front. She's looking pretty pale and peaky from her stint in the cooler spare room under weaker lights, but hopefully will perk up good and strong now. If she's anything like her sister she will be a beast - but I am going to pay v close attention in case of mould.
20231210_073021_4.jpg

Last edited:

aliceklar

Lost some more of the Royal Highness to mould, sadly, but fingers crossed thats the last of it. Keeping RH low. Moved the grafted S.Kush into flower too. Space is opening up.

The Pineapple kush, the Syrian #1, the DWB, the Rhino D & the ACE CBD#1 are all on water only now.

20231214_062225_8.jpg

20231214_062217_8.jpg

aliceklar

Chopped the Honey Cream (I can wash again now, you'll be glad to hear), the Syrian #1 (the beautiful purple one) & the ACE CBD#1 (so frosty...). Pineapple Kush and the rest of the Royal Highness coming down tomorrow, Rhino D and the Dance World x Buddah F1 not far behind. It's beginning to look a lot like Spliffmas.

blondie

Spliffmas is a great time of year! Especially if you can wash the grunge off.. good job on the grow and I hope the smoke is good.