What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Highest Price Ever for Quality Bud?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
local rappers throw him weed for FREE just to get into a studio session or get a feature...i know he got 2 LBs of OG for a verse once.

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
Damn... the prices here in the PNW haven't really fluctuated all that much, aside from dropping lately, in my years anyways. The prices get higher the closer you are to Portland or Seattle. The most I've ever paid was $1200 for a QP of some unknown, from a fella in Portland I didn't know all too well, and I felt like a sucker at first but it was surely the best weed I have ever seen or smoked. Compared to what I see on here and what my friends tell me that live or have lived througout the country, it seems like in the PNW, prices for the fine quality herbs are pretty steady, well established and common place. But like I said, aside from the more recent drop in price. I've never met a grower that has felt it necessary to insanely jack up a price on a given strain, no matter how amazing. Obviously prices fluctuate with quality a fair bit, but not by insane margins.

But with that being said, I have to be honest, I won't lie... I would surely pay $60/eighth for some of the super hyped strains I haven't been able to lay lungs on. GSC, some OG's, etc.

:tiphat:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
60 an 8th is what people are still paying at dispensaries, in northern california at the epicenter of the flood of cheap pot...

shows that even with cheap outdoor everywhere and most indoors very low in price, some folks will still pay top dollar for the best of the best....

T

ThirstyKenny

The most i've ever paid is $400 an oz and is was in the late 80's when Skunk hit town. Since the the most being about $350. These days $250 for really nice indoor smoko. Soon the outdoor will be happening and i usually get that for about $150 to $200 depending on quality.
Kenny

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a feeling the prices wouldnt change that MUCH. If they can make a profit in CO or Wa they want the prices to go up for sure...The prices back then(70's) where OK I guess. In HS we paid 10$ per g before that we paid 25$ for 4 finger lids when I graduated I paid 45 for a 1/4 oz..an 1/8 was 25$ or 3 blunts for 5$. Now its 2.5-3k per lb...200 per oz..

U

unthing

how much would you be willing to pay if it was unique, unlike anything else(=better) and so on?

T

ThirstyKenny

I feel the same about it being worth it. We'd never really seen anything like hydro before. Plenty of really good bush, but man, when the skunk made an appearence, it changed weed in Australia for ever. Even when i managed to get it a little cheaper it was getting flogged off for something rediculous like 20$ a gr.
I still really do enjoy the outdoor weed though when i can get it provided it's well grown.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the same as what im paying now nothing ;) I like well grow outdoor as well. I cant grow outdoor wish I could...I would have to go gorilla from what im told thats not any fun...

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Back in late 90s in the deep south dank weed was VERY rare. Most of it was red haired beasters and the better stuff was like commercial bud.

My friend knew a guy with what today is known as "church" or "florida piff". Its a type of haze. Back then it wasn't famous yet. The guy wanted a hundred dollars for the gram.

I don't remember if we bought it or not. It was a long time ago. But the beasters were selling for a hundred dollars a quarter but in the right circles could be bought for $150 an ounce. I don't remember if we both chipped in a 1/8 of beasters or not. I remember arguing about it.

That price isn't as crazy as it sounds though. I have grown sativa in my life.

Like this sativa took 20 weeks to finish and yields less than half of what a commercial indica does. So figure an 8 week flower time for a 1 ounce plant gets you $20 a gram. Well what is something that takes 20 weeks and gives you 12 grams supposed to cost? Just do the math. It is why pure sativas are VERY rarely sold. It simply isn't economic to do in North America. You will either be given some as a gift or you will pay out of the ass for it.

jm420

Veteran
any thing more than a 100 a quarter is bullshit imo

thats why good sativas dont get sold ,strictly for the head and freinds:)

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I disagree. Its a capitalist system and people can charge what they want. If people don't like it they don't have to pay.

That guy selling $100 grams sold to very rich people obviously. In fact the way my friend met him was working at a movie set. The guy was selling weed to these rich out of town California people. They were used to good weed and had no interest in in our local shitty mexican weed, or red haired beasters. They wanted good stuff and one of them in particular wanted pure sativas.

That is what pure sativa costs to produce commercially. Around a hundred dollars a gram. But he's got the money, and is willing to pay it for the type of weed he wants so it is none of my business.

Z

Z-ro

I used to rock bubbas for 650/oz all the way up back around 04, when I was in high school a few years earlier I could get kids to pay 30 a gram all the way up for the bomb. I bet I could still get 500 back home for really nice GSC right now pretty easily.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Yeah that is true and worth mentioning. Still in major stretches of this country good weed is like hens teeth.

Unfortunately my dealer quit selling now and I am out of a connect. But he mostly sold to a couple of guys from rural areas. They would come to the city to buy diesel and stuff like that for around $400 and go sell it in their little rural towns for $650 an ounce. They told me they were all happy to pay it and wanted more then he could provide. Pretty crazy.

Tom Petty

Re: Highest Price Ever for Quality Bud?

I hate paying it and admitting that I pay $420.00 a zip. It really upsets me to pay this price although it is top shelf hydro. Worse than that it's $120.00 for a quarter!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I remember reading about some guy who lost his life over some quality bud.......so I guess there is no price higher than paying for it with your life...

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just sold my soul to the devil for a pound of GSC.. Super frosty.

Fake ID.. told him my names juan Lopez. . Im in the white page's. ..

----- :alien::ying::alien: -----

Sorry juan..

Peace...
Ops you asked what I payed.. The ID.was $10. Lol
I perfure to let's juan pay the rest..lol...

Latest posts

Latest posts