What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Highest Price Ever for Quality Bud?

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
the most expensive I've seen was when I gave this dude 200 shekels for hash and never got shit in return, got ripped off like a dumbass :D

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Ya I doubt the ghetto hood weed is anything to write home about.

The whole not for profit debate is fucking retarded how do you expect to pay for all the overhead that comes with running a business like a dispensery with out profit? Why would someone do all of that work of opening a club, go threw all the regulations to make no profit? I understand some are overpricing meds, but to run a business that provides a product, you need to make a profit.

Why don't you open a legit not for profit club and let me know how that works for you. LOL
Not for profit does not mean you dont make money.
Some of the richest people in the world run non profit orgs.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
back when GDP first came around in 2002-2003ish and we were first introduced to "purples" that shit would fetch good money here in san francisco/oakland. i remember half Gs were going for 20 bucks.....just enough to roll one blunt. we would each throw in 5 dollars and fade up on one blunt but i remember it tasting amazing..

wholesale the dark purple GDP would go for 4k a LB easily...i would buy them for 38-39 and sell QPs for 1100-1200 easily to rich college kids in the suburbs....

then the price on GDP fell to 34-36...then fell again to 3...now its down to 25 but the quality is no where near as good as back in the day...

the more the prices drop the lazier some growers are getting

I

irishdude5186

In Ireland, a ounce that isnt sprayed costs 500e (665$) now. I am not shitting you. That is the STANDARD cost now. Its insane! Yey guys have it lucky.

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
Ya I know not for profit doesn't mean you don't make any money, but revenues are usually limited to the expanding, preservation and future goals of the not for profit business. In the context most use it with cannabis clubs, is the owners are not doing it for a profit gain, only putting revenues back into the club. Meaning the employees are actually volunteers and you make a donation instead of a purchase. My point was that people think these club owners should operate with no personal profit and I think thats ridiculas.

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
LOL You would have to be fuckin stupid to think most don't do it for the profit, how you got that from my posts I don't know, but that's not what I'm suggesting at all. Sorry

I never said most don't do it for the money lol, that was actually the point I was making, they do it for a profit and as long as they're providing clean, quality medicine at fair prices, I don't see why that is a problem. And not for profit mmj dispenseries are not getting federal grants, donations for there "cause" from orgnizations or individuals, they are selling a product for a profit. That is why under certain state laws dispenseries have to operate as not for profit and causes alot of problems for those trying to run a dispensery. CO dispenseries are able to operate as for profit and they have the lowest prices in the country and are paving the way for the rest of the states. Yes, there are some that generally just want to help people in need of quality cannabis, but you can help people and still make a decent living. Obviously there is alot of clubs with overpriced medicine with no regards for the patient just doing it for the money, but there are many trying very hard to give patients affordable quality medicine while making an appropiate income.

Highest prices I have heard around here is $75 for an 8th, never payed that personally. The most I have paid for an 8th of flowers in my life was $60.

Tyga

Veteran
Fuck that shit, if you broke DO SOMETHING about it instead of internet wining.... Learn to grow bomb herb and then make some bank. If you can't beat em' join em :laughing:

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
In '94 I bought a 1/2 zip for $60 in the Haight Ashbury from some guy off the street. Somehow I flew home with it. My roommates at CSU, thought it was the best bud ever!

Later on I bought some local Mexican for $100 per ounce.

R.Fortune

great info

great info

wow.....26,000 posts?.........unreal

street prices around here vary on your level of connection of course,but i hear of quarters for 125 plenty often,oz of top shelf are rarely less than 400 unless you know someone,and even then the bro price is 320,when the flood of outdoor cali beasters hits ounces drop to 200,most people buy quarters for 70....and of course you can always get a pound of mexi brick for 2-600 depending on who you know...

first gram of purp was 30 in 07 and ive yet to find comparable except for 1 or 2 times. flavorful to the last hit of a swisher.

I think a lot of the best growers said to hell with thiis once prices started goin down also it seems a lot of genetics have been overly raped.

m4n

Yea the purple floatin around the bay back in 03-05 had that flavor! Most I ever paid was 3000 for some outdoor mendo purps back in 2005

miniman

@ sweetsin... how about stop swearing so much. i do that to(quite often in real life) but dont post it ffs. you seem to get what you deserve, but i think in reality your not as pathetic as some of your posts indicate.

So much for the no drama request I put in the original post of this thread,lol.

As much as 100 dollars an eighth sounds ridiculous to me, the weed was top dank smoke so I'll give the guy a break. He was some country club goof who had (ooops I mean his parents had) plenty of money.

I just checked out the San Diego's Finest Cuts #3 thread and I'd have to think that Terpenes haze crosses he's been flowering for 19 weeks might be worthy of that cost. Pictures around post #1630 or so if I remember right.

Latest posts

Latest posts