What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High THC strains 20% and up.

Painfull

Can you list your strains with 20% or more thc. I know said to be and i know that's not all i look for.:thank you:

Dorje113

Blowfish. 23.68% THC

DSC00820.jpg

DSC00788.jpg

Snowcap, tested over 21% last year:

DSC00062.jpg

DSC00062crop.jpg

MrBlue2

Indicas are typically more potent then sativas.

Most real kushes and afghan's should have percentages above 20%.

the most potent strains i know of are, Chem D, Herojuana, G-13, OG kush and AK48. all of these strains have THC percentages around or above 25%. I dont actually have any of these strains now, but I have grown chem d and G-13, both of which would knock me on my ass after a few bong rips.

hope this help

simos

Lots of quality modern strains have the potential to break the 20% THC mark. Whether or not they test that high really depends on the individual grower's ability to take them to their maximum potentials.
:tiphat:

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
Herijuana, is narcotic, and said to be 25%'ish

add uvb lights to get more thc, this light when hits trichomes induces thc production.

I had a crazy grow of Nebula with these added and yes it made a difference, the weed was dope'ified

kcbudz31

It's funny how everybody chases the DNA but the secret is in the growing....i've had career smokers tell me my berry nugs are the sweetest thing they've smoked in years and that seed came from a $25 schwag sack

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
just pointing out that the aroma and flavor of the smoke is more important to most people than the % thc content

i've had buds that were sparkling with resin but tasted like whitebread

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
just pointing out that the aroma and flavor of the smoke is more important to most people than the % thc content

i've had buds that were sparkling with resin but tasted like whitebread

true that! :tiphat:

LIFEISGOOD

I guess that is the difference between an average smoker and a lot of the icmag crew, ie the professionals. It seems we want the power and the masses want the candy.

It also seems like a lot of seed companies now have a strain or two over 20%.

Can you remember back to when you were just happy to score a fat sack of green bud?
Once upon a time.... name that year. For me 1993

Last edited:

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Can you remember back to when you were just happy to score a fat sack of green bud?
Once upon a time.... name that year. For me 1993

pre '96, before 215 passed.......

used to have to risk life and limb buying sacks off the streets of Oakland every day between harvests. been robbed, shot at, arrested, setup, chased, had some cops pick up on my girl and say "what the fuck you going to do about it" to me, and made to walk home by the cops at 3am from Oakland to my house, 20+ miles.....

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
When we're saying "20% THC" what exactly do we mean here... because it couldn't be percent of the plant by volume...

Krusher

When we're saying "20% THC" what exactly do we mean here... because it couldn't be percent of the plant by volume...

From what i know...(if someone knows better please correct me) the cannabinoids of the cannabis plant take place at the trichomes of the plant (resin) THC is refered to (Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol)...but cannabis plant has also more than 60+ cannabinoids and such as CBG-CBN-Δ8ΤΗC etc....so the percentance counting is refered on the volume of Δ9-THC of the cannabinoinds inside the trichomes...

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
From what i know...(if someone knows better please correct me) the cannabinoids of the cannabis plant take place at the trichomes of the plant (resin) THC is refered to (Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol)...but cannabis plant has also more than 60+ cannabinoids and such as CBG-CBN-Δ8ΤΗC etc....so the percentance counting is refered on the volume of Δ9-THC of the cannabinoinds inside the trichomes...

Makes sense!

Rinse

Veteran
Really I thought it was 20% volume of the whole bud, considering pure hash can be 50% +

Krusher

Really I thought it was 20% volume of the whole bud, considering pure hash can be 50% +

So THC is refered in the total cannabinoids???Cause its just lame to say that in a good hash you have 50% of Δ9 tetrahydrocanabinol...;)

Barney's Violator Kush supposedly 22% THC, 1.5% CBD. I agree w/ whoever said that grower skill plays a part. Comparing my first few grows w/ my recent ones.....wow no contest. Same genetics, but frostiness is miles better now.