What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High CBD strain Lists and Descriptions

Green Squall

Anyone heard of Purple Hootoo? I asked an acquaintance about CBD strains and he hooked me up with a lot of seeds. Said they're tested at 12% cbd. Not sure about the THC.

ECtraveler

Veteran
Sour Dubb x ACDC Cookies fems going into water for testing
picture.php

Great list! Very comprehensive. Had no clue there were this many CBD-heavy strains.

So far I've tried Cherry Wine, AC/DC, Special Sauce & a couple of the "industrial hemp" varietals like Futura & Felina. There are new vendors popping up every day selling these "50-state-legal" strains (which is all I can get living in Mobilehoma). But I have to wonder if some of what's being sold is actually labeled correctly, as a lot of it contains really low levels of CBD & THC. I got some Special Sauce with only 2% CBD recently! Maybe it's just bad growing methods? IDK. That was my bad for not asking what the ratios were before ordering I guess.

Would like to try something with like 2-4% THC if possible. The AC/DC has been my fave with its 1% THC.

I got some Special Sauce with only 2% CBD recently! Maybe it's just bad growing methods? IDK. That was my bad for not asking what the ratios were before ordering I guess.

Would like to try something with like 2-4% THC if possible. The AC/DC has been my fave with its 1% THC.

Special Sauce is from Oregon CBD. This is what happens when the Boring Hemp Company uses the name of our flagship line to sell shit seed to unknowing customers. I really despise Barry and Bo, they are truly swindlers of the worst repute.

The real Special Sauce finishes in September, drips terpy resin, and is considered one of the highest content type III lines available in seed form.

picture.php

frostqueen

CBD aside: has anyone managed to stabilize a seedline that consistently has less than 1% thc? It seems like that would be the holy grail for commercial CBD producers.

nattyroots

Are CBD seeds always fem?

In Switzerland, if I'm not mistaken, they'll sell you CBD clones but I'm not sure about seed.

The Swiss now have CBD buds on sale at almost every supermarket across the country - im exaggerating, but not by much. All under 1% THC which is the country's threshold for cannabis.

Also, I've noticed that the use names of regular strains, like Amenesia, Orange Bud, for some of their CBD strains though I guess this is regular practice. But it seems kind of unfair.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CBD aside: has anyone managed to stabilize a seedline that consistently has less than 1% thc? It seems like that would be the holy grail for commercial CBD producers.

i am working a seed line sourced from inbred american heirloom hemp selected for high CBD and vigor that is consistently at or under 0.2% thc - it's being called "wulf"

i'm sure that there are others.....

frostqueen

i am working a seed line sourced from inbred american heirloom hemp selected for high CBD and vigor that is consistently at or under 0.2% thc - it's being called "wulf"

i'm sure that there are others.....

Nice. I'm working with AC/DC, Charlotte's Web, Harle-Tsu and Critical Mass with a similar goal (consistently low to no thc seeds), but you are on the right/smarter track using landraces; much more stable results. I do have a lead on another landrace hemp clone to work with, so that will help.

Keep up the good work. I'm told by industry friends that being able to consistently provide 100,000 fem seeds that are guaranteed to be under 1% thc would make someone rich...

frostqueen

Yeah, Dinafem Dinamed ;) (0,5% thc)

Hey, thanks much for the tip.

I just did a bunch of Googling about this seedline. It *sounds* really great... do you have any links to independent lab tests? I couldn't find any, and I am someone who really likes to see lab test results. It sure seems highly regarded.

If I were Dinafem I'd definitely post a random group of lab tests on about 20 seeds just to prove it's as consistently low-THC as they say. Seems like prudent marketing. I know, I know; I admit I have some trust issues.

I'm not bashing them or implying they are lying, I just want to see the numbers. I'd be happy to grow out a hundred of them and then lab test if you guys want to bankroll me...?

Hey, thanks much for the tip.

I just did a bunch of Googling about this seedline. It *sounds* really great... do you have any links to independent lab tests? I couldn't find any, and I am someone who really likes to see lab test results. It sure seems highly regarded.

If I were Dinafem I'd definitely post a random group of lab tests on about 20 seeds just to prove it's as consistently low-THC as they say. Seems like prudent marketing. I know, I know; I admit I have some trust issues.

I'm not bashing them or implying they are lying, I just want to see the numbers. I'd be happy to grow out a hundred of them and then lab test if you guys want to bankroll me...?

youre welcome :) no sorry i dont have any labtests but i know that there are a lot of companies in switzerland wich are working with this strain so i think its under 1% but i cant say it 100% for sure .... (plants < 1% thc are legal in switzerland)
if i find a test i will post it ;)

ECtraveler

Veteran
I wanted to buy some cbd flowers and cuttings from switzerland and saw the strain at some shop menus
but i cant say for sure that the strain is exactly 0,5%

I realize it's probably not a possibility but there are going to be loads of new CBD crosses released next week at Spannabis

I realize it's probably not a possibility but there are going to be loads of new CBD crosses released next week at Spannabis

And pure CBG, at least in flower form. Check out the Weedz booth if you get the chance. They are the sole distributor of our CBG flowers in Europe.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
regarding Dinafem's "Dinamed CBD", i grew one plant but it was clearly an indica-dom pheno (whereas it's supposed to be sativa-dom), anyway i did thin layer chromatography and it showed to be a 1:1 strain, with plenty of THC and CBD, you can see the analysis in my signature thread.

But now I'm about 3 weeks away from harvest of a sativa-dom pheno, so hopefully this will prove more fruitful in regards to CBD ... i've also taken samples at several times along the grow, including during veg phase, so it'll be interesting to see how early the CBD becomes apparent! anyway fingers crossed, ~3 weeks to go.

R

Rubber Chicken

For the people that work with high CBD strains-

I have some CBD Mango Haze and CBD Nordle from CBD Crew, which apparently all have high CBD....

If i reversed sex on one of these an pollinated the other (or itself) would i end up with high CBD in all offspring?

I'm not sure how the CBD will pass down with very simple breeding.

I appreciate any help. :)

For the people that work with high CBD strains-

I have some CBD Mango Haze and CBD Nordle from CBD Crew, which apparently all have high CBD....

If i reversed sex on one of these an pollinated the other (or itself) would i end up with high CBD in all offspring?

I'm not sure how the CBD will pass down with very simple breeding.

I appreciate any help. :)

Always best to self to reduce heterozygosity. 25% will be high CBD (type III), 50% will be 1:1 (type II), and 25% will be high THC (type I). Where:

T = active THC allele
t = inactive THC allele
D = active CBD allele
d = inactive CBD allele
picture.php