What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High CBD strain Lists and Descriptions

GrnEyes

Hi everyone,
I have rheumatoid arthritis and I stopped taking my traditional meds because they made me feel sick to my stomach, excessively thirsty, tired and while they really did help my joints...they are poison. I actually read the entire pamhplets that came with them from the pharmaceutical companies and the side effects/ possible dangers are shocking and a little scary. My man is a heavy duty smoker but not for CBD needs so he can't help me with this question. I know I am in the minority on this one but I actually HATE the feeling of being high and have never been a smoker. Maybe I just tried too strong of strains but it was a horrible experience for me. What strain would help with my joint inflammation but not get me high/ blazed/ stoned at all? I know I'm weird but it would really help me and would like it to be a pretty easy plant to grow as well. I have recently started growing some strains that are my man's favorites...and it would be nice to grow something that I can actually benefit from too. ;)
***To be clear- I support cannabis for everyone who wants or uses it for medical and recreational needs . NO judgement. Its an excellent plant all around and I am thrilled to be part of a community that is so amazing and supportive!***

Some results from our "early" lines that are guaranteed to finish flowering in September @ 45N. Test results are from OG Analytical in Eugene (an ORELAP and NELAP accredited lab). "EA" = ACDC x SMGO phenotypes. Keep in mind that I grew these myself and I'm not the most attentive or caring farmer on small scale projects :). These were the top 3 of 7 test results. The overall average was 14.85% CBD with a 29.7:1 ratio.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Muleskinner

Veteran
Hi everyone,
I have rheumatoid arthritis and I stopped taking my traditional meds because

Pursuing cannabis therapy is still a really good idea, it has palliative effect on arthritis pain, I use it for chronic osteoarthritis pain, but it also has the potential to help stop the immune system from attacking the joints in RA.

You sound very much like myself, for some reason I am tormented by the side effects of medication more than other people - some of my docs have referred to me as "pharmaceutically sensitive". Your dislike of the light-headed, euphoric, dizzying effects of cannabis are right in line with your problems with the prescriptions side effects. These are the side effects of cannabis.

Which strain completely eliminates the "high"? None of them, even pure CBD strains give me a groggy feeling, I call it "CBD fog". I also notice high amounts of CBD give me blurred vision. That said, here are 3 recommendations:

- try a pure CBD strain, one with CBD but very little to no THC. This will probably minimize the "high" to some extent. However....most studies show that you need the "entourage effect" of all the cannibinoids and terpenes together for maximum medical effect...

- try a CBD/THC balanced strain. This will probably deliver maximum pain relief and the CBD will help with any racy/trippy feelings from THC

- Try any good indica cannabis strain, and use it only within 1 hour of bedtime. Take as much as you can tolerate at night. This will extend the relief into the next day but you'll sleep off the "high", it might even help you sleep better. this is the same advice I'd give to anyone who needs medical cannabis but needs a clear head during the day for work. good luck

GrnEyes

Wow. Thank you everyone! This is very helpful and I have heard of "the entourage effect" as well....and it also seems that if I can tough it out at first I may be able to build up a tolerance to the less desirable (imo) side effects. I'm going to look into these. Thank you so much @socioecologist and @Muleskinner.

brown_thumb

Aren't there high CBD low THC hemp strains that are legal? It seems logical to me that we could simply combine high CBD strains with high THC strains to make our own mixes. I mean, if one has a strain with 20 percent THC and nearly zero CBD, plus a strain with 10 percent CBD and nearly zero THC, then a 50:50 mix would be approximately 10/5 percent THC/CBD.

Aren't there high CBD low THC hemp strains that are legal? It seems logical to me that we could simply combine high CBD strains with high THC strains to make our own mixes. I mean, if one has a strain with 20 percent THC and nearly zero CBD, plus a strain with 10 percent CBD and nearly zero THC, then a 50:50 mix would be approximately 10/5 percent THC/CBD.

It's the opposite in terms of inheritance in F1s that use a type I and type III as the parents (type II offspring). CBDa synthases (in general) outcompete THCa synthases at converting their shared precursor (CBGa). Ratios range from 1:1 to 4:1 CBDa to THCa in high cannabinoid type IIs.

Ollie

Veteran
^^^:) When I wrote "combine strains" I meant mix dried/cured buds from plants with differing THC:CBD ratios.
That is the beauty of mono molecular extraction/isolation of Cannabinoids and Cannabis derrived Terpenes. It gives us the possibility to make blends to a standard/preference or to people that medically requires a specific tailored blend.

There will always be a market for full spectrum (cultivar) profiles, but in cases, certain attributes of cultivar profiles is where the magic is.

brown_thumb

That is the beauty of mono molecular extraction/isolation of Cannabinoids and Cannabis derrived Terpenes. It gives us the possibility to make blends to a standard/preference or to people that medically requires a specific tailored blend.

There will always be a market for full spectrum (cultivar) profiles, but in cases, certain attributes of cultivar profiles is where the magic is.

That's probably true. However, being middle-age and losing cognition and memory, I really need to keep things simple.

chewiesmoke

CBD seeds are now an American industry. The states have it so good... You can walk into a dispensary and buy a fully tested high CBD clone for like $15 of any strain i.e Harlequin, AC/DC, Sour Tsunami and start making seeds from it. In Europe you can't buy a pack of Cannatonic that cheap and you sure as shit won't find a pheno that will have the stats you'll seeing stateside. And, if you did win the lottery and find that all important plant, you'd still have no way to test it. Europe needs clones… And we sadly won’t get them until laws change.

CBD Crew - CBD Therapy
MMG - Candida
Dinafem - Dinamed CBD

chewiesmoke

CBD Crew - CBD Therapy
MMG - Candida
Dinafem - Dinamed CBD

... are the only stabilised high CBD seeds you can get from European breeders. Dinafem also don't offer any testing info either so I'd think twice about buying that one too.

fizz

There's not much talk about CBD Rene, what happened to this one? Anyone have any experience with it? I got a pack waiting. They looked pretty lime green and tasty.

MattoMaria

Ambassador
Hi men! :tiphat:
Thanks for this thread, it is fantastic!!! I've have read a lot varieties that i never seen before!

I need to find some strain with very low THC (THC<1%) and high CBD. I have read the list, but i could not find all strain/seedsbank, for example ACDC: a lot of information but nobody who sold this variety.

So, i ask you if you know other strain with these values?

Thank you all and sorry for my bad english :wave:

brown_thumb

MattoMaria, I've tried strains ultra-low in THC and very high in CBD. It doesn't work for me. It seems that a mix works better... like a 50:50 ratio (for me). These are still very high CBD strains (5-10 percent)... just not ultra-low THC.

MattoMaria

Ambassador
MattoMaria, I've tried strains ultra-low in THC and very high in CBD. It doesn't work for me. It seems that a mix works better... like a 50:50 ratio (for me). These are still very high CBD strains (5-10 percent)... just not ultra-low THC.

Yes, i feel the same. But in my State we can legally cultivate only strain with THC<0,6% and i'd like to make some cross in legal way for to have a good alterative to Industrial Cannabis Plant :D

brown_thumb

Yes, i feel the same. But in my State we can legally cultivate only strain with THC<0,6% and i'd like to make some cross in legal way for to have a good alterative to Industrial Cannabis Plant :D

Illegal?? I'm in TX, USA. If they catch me growing they can hurt me REALLY BAD.

ECtraveler

Veteran
These are Med Tree's current high CBD (type III chemotype) offerings

Super Rich
Mother: SuzyQ (50:1)
Father: Richness (Pure CBD)
Typical CBD:THC ratio: 20:1-30:1
Average flowering time: 60-65 days
Growing characteristics: Compact growth for a type III similar to SuzyQ with a stronger terpene profile

Richness F2
Mother: Richness (18:1)
Typical CBD:THC ratio: 20:1-25:1
Average flowering time: 63-70 days
Growing characteristics: Large yielding hybrid growth pattern.

Nessie
Mother: Tocitonic (20:1)
Typical CBD:THC ratio: 15:1-30:1
Growing characteristics: Large yielding hybrid growth pattern.

Fresh Start
Mother: Valentine-X (20:1)
Father Tabula Rasa (10:1) *(Harlequin x Toci)
Typical CBD:THC ratio: 15:1-25:1
Growing characteristics: Large yielding hybrid growth pattern. Strong and diverse terpene profiles

Suzy Too (SuzyQ bx1)
Father: Super Rich(22:1)
Typical CBD:THC ratio: 20:1-30:1
Growing characteristics: Compact Indica-like growth for a type III similar to SuzyQ

Continuum - feminized
Father: Tocitonic (20:1) - reversed
Typical CBD:THC ratio: 17:1-27:1
Growing characteristics: Compact growth for a type III similar to SuzyQ with a stronger terpene profile

Latest posts

Latest posts