What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High CBD strain Lists and Descriptions

Betterhaff

Veteran
Boom, hammer drop! :bashhead:
No hammer from me, just an observation. Hopefully Huel Perkins' produce is helping some people...I doubt it's getting anybody "high".

On testing, you're right, results may vary. But you know what really baffles me, when CO went legal rec, labs became unavailable to the lay man or at least that's what I understand. How bizarre is that? I come from a non legal state and if ever legal here I would love to have those services available. Sure you may have to weed out the bad but to me the information would be invaluable.

KONY

Veteran
No hammer from me, just an observation. Hopefully Huel Perkins' produce is helping some people...I doubt it's getting anybody "high".

On testing, you're right, results may vary. But you know what really baffles me, when CO went legal rec, labs became unavailable to the lay man or at least that's what I understand. How bizarre is that? I come from a non legal state and if ever legal here I would love to have those services available. Sure you may have to weed out the bad but to me the information would be invaluable.

Did CO allow homegrowing from the beginning with their rec? If so that is really weird they wouldnt allow legal homegrowers to test their stuff.

I've realized a few years ago many canna testing labs were seedy. Have experienced it first hand here in maine with 2 out of 3 labs I have dealt with. It is way too easy for them to hand you a piece of paper or pdf file that says stuff that is not accurate, but looks very nice. Hopefully with legalization these labs are ran out of business for more reputable ones, or they change their ways and develop some morals.

Anywho, back on topic. Just put the rest of my ACDC cookies, Heroes and Continuum into water. Will soak them for 24-36 hours, whenever they drop then plant into soil.

The first half of those seed packs have been vegging now for almost 3 months and are going to be flipped before the end of the month. I have been buying cbd tincture from someone, and it works good, but I am not really about making people rich in the name of medicine, especially that I can fairly easily produce my self.

Betterhaff

Veteran
I think so, maybe someone from CO will chime in. I always thought they could grow with the med law and the rec law allows growing too. Labs were around for med growing but went away, or at least use for the public did when rec was passed. Go figure.

miaumiau

ICMag Donor
Does anyone know if the "20:1 CBD strains" like charlottes web, ac/dc, suzy-q or any other cut of cannatonic, like perkins or #4 cut,or ANY other legit cut of this category made it to EUROPE yet?
Or do people still have to struggle with seeds, yet?

THANKS

oldbean

Does anyone know if the "20:1 CBD strains" like charlottes web, ac/dc, suzy-q or any other cut of cannatonic, like perkins or #4 cut,or ANY other legit cut of this category made it to EUROPE yet?

THANKS

If UK cheese can get to america then its about time these high cbd cuts made it to Europe

Start sharing you guys:tiphat:

Dinafem Haze CBD Auto and Industrial Plant CBD Auto

Not tested (I don't think I can test in Canada, at least I haven't found out how to)

Made an arthritis oil with some of the Haze Auto, good reviews from patient and others who have tried it. It doesn't do much for me.

Also made an olive oil extraction out some of the Industrial Auto. Patient is satisfied with that also. I tried it and enjoyed the effects. I find it very relaxing, anti-anxiety, mellow.

I would grow both again. I've passed the remaining seeds on as I won't be growing outdoors again soon.

I didn't keep close track but I know they both went past the advertised 10 weeks. I'd say 12 weeks or so from seeds to harvest. 5 weeks outdoors and then into a tent to finish.

The Industrial Autos yielded 40 and 70g, very nice smell.
The Haze Autos yielded 35 and 60g, less smell.

I feel that both would have yielded more if I knew what I was doing. I also grew out some low CBD autos and haven't touched my high THC baggie from Dealer McDope since the auto harvest. I prefer the auto plants, both high and low CBD, over the THC street weed. Who woulda thought?

Currently have the following seeds:
CBD Crew - CBD Therapy
Dinafem/CBD Crew - Moby Dick
Royal Queen Seeds - Painkiller XL and Danceworld
CBD Botanic/?CBD Crew? - Hammershark CBD
Dutch Passion - Compassion

I'm not completely sure which I'm going to sprout for the upcoming pheno hunt. CBD Therapy for sure because apparently the seeds produce a variety of 1:20 and 1:1 plants, both of which I could use. The two Royal Queen selections are also in the line up. I have two high THC strains that I'm going to fit into the tent somehow. The patient also uses high THC flowers.

I have a 4' x 6' tent with 2 x 1000w hps. I think I can fit 18 hempies in there for the pheno hunt.
5 x CBD Therapy
2 x Danceworld
2 x Painkiller XL
3 x ?

For THC
3 x Original Amnesia
3 x White Siberian

I have two family members in the lab business. I'm going to get them to figure out the home testing thing for me so I can test and make the selections.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran

no struggle if you choose wisely :smoke:

the results from a pack of MEDTREE's continuum (fem) leaf sample test:

13636179_627977664027857_1338495767_n.jpg

KONY

Veteran
Funny I was just watering my Continuum, it looks noticeably larger than all the other plants in that tent, however not too much frost or smell. The ACDC cookies are smelling much more fruity than I thought they would.

They are at 4 weeks now.

HMadera

HAll, Iḿ just finishing my article about Cannatonic family in America, can somebody give me extra informatioabout Cannatonic X and Cannatonic B?

:thank you::thank you::thank you::thank you:

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
@Chimera
Doing quantitative analyses using GC-MS requires the use of at least an internal standard if the method has been thoroughly calibrated/validated using standards (the same standards used in GC-FID, preferably done as 'doping' -> matrix effect). There's no real difference between GC-FID and GC-MS apart from the MS being a second separation method (= plus 1 dimension) allowing for more complex mixtures to be analysed; with small carbohydrates, FID is as good a quantification as a standard MS detector if not better (easier & more robust aka idiot proof). Like you seemingly do, many others also regard MS just as detector because by default, an MS comes with a built in detector... but in reality, it's about the separation (and sometimes fragmentation, but that's usually not necessary when dealing with known small terpenes). Therefore, I don't like the simple term quantified by 'GC-MS' (or LC-MS); MS is not just a FID-replacement and there's a lot of different MS spectrometers with a bunch of different parts (simply put ionisation, separation, and detection) which have a huge impact on identifying known v.s. unknown compounds and on eventual quantification thereof. Several MS machines aren't even meant to be used for quantification in the first place but are used for identification. Phytochemistry labs usually don't use MS as sole method for quantification of unknown constituents. It's just one of many tools.
Going a few phrases back, the quantity of an unknown compound is not reliable without proper standards. Simply running a method validated by someone else from a different lab even when using the same type of MS with the same column etc. will not always work and still requires proper and frequent calibrations. Without running standards (which should be re-run frequently on newer machines/columns and always on a bit aged material), the identified constituents are just 'deduced' from a database like the Dictionary of Natural Products and given as % likeliness. One is then inclined to print that in black&white = X % of product Y. Chances are high that now and then the X and/or Y are false. And then, there's the higher art of sample preparation etc etc...
Modern MS spectrometers are relatively easy to use by barely educated people. The result is that modern MS are easily misused by the barely educated people thinking they know how to run them ;( . (Not trying to point fingers at specific companies/persons or the like!)

Halonium

Never heard of Continuum before. Is it some new strain? Doesnt seem to be available at majority of seedbanks..

ECtraveler

Veteran
Hey heady blunts, was there a testing or labeling error that led to a 2.9:1 plant in your continuum girls? That's a really weird result in a batch of seed that is advertised as 100% type III.

May I ask where it's advertised to be 100% type III? I have it on fairly good authority that Med Tree is not making that claim.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
Hey heady blunts, was there a testing or labeling error that led to a 2.9:1 plant in your continuum girls? That's a really weird result in a batch of seed that is advertised as 100% type III.

i have never seen that claim made.

after growing out about a half dozen CBD lines i can tell you we did fuckin backflips when we got those results back.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran

THANKS

Bro, Cannatonic was actually developed in Spain and later it was spread all over the world in both seed and clone form (to Israel, US, Canada and so on) from there, not the other way around. ;)

They've found out about their interesting CBD ratio back in 2009, after they entered a local cup with a clone. Were there any CBD cuts available at US at that time?

:tiphat:

HMadera

Bro, Cannatonic was actually developed in Spain and later it was spread all over the world in both seed and clone form (to Israel, US, Canada and so on) from there, not the other way around. ;)

They've found out about their interesting CBD ratio back in 2009, after they entered a local cup with a clone. Were there any CBD cuts available at US at that time?

:tiphat:

The things are just like Mustafunk explained, the only detail is the Cup was the High Times Cannabis Cup Amsterdam 2008 at he end of november, where Cannatonic wins the first prize of her life, at the end of february 2009, during Spannabis, Cannatonic was tested for first time showing his content of CBD that in that moment was really high. You can see more details in the translation to english of my article of 2014,
http://www.cannabis.info/gb/abc/10002293-cbd-wave-first-decade-2004-2014 or you can see with all original photos in
Soft Secrets UK number 5 – 2014 page 37

HMadera

I'm very happy to announce that my article about Cannatonic is America is published now, at the moment is only in Soft Secrets Spain, you can see in number 5 of 2016 page 16
http://media.cannabis.info/uploads/issues/softsecrets/497.pdf
but I have write to my colleague of Soft Secrets UK to advice him to translate to use in this edition. As i promise in my previous post I mention the nicks of the people that I use his information in the article: Paladin420 (pag 16), Huel Perkins (page 16), Primal Haze (last line of page 19), also I mention this thread
I'm very happy with this article because that finish a work that starts in 2011 the first and only interview of Jimmy and Jaime face to face, after I make the article of 2014 that I mention in the previous post speaking Europe and Israel, now with this article of America i feel that I finish a trilogy, of course I will keep on working in more articles in the future, but this chapter is finished
I will celebrate this weekend and I wish all of you a great weekend full of good moments with family and friends

I'm very happy to announce that my article about Cannatonic is America is published now, at the moment is only in Soft Secrets Spain, you can see in number 5 of 2016 page 16
http://media.cannabis.info/uploads/issues/softsecrets/497.pdf
but I have write to my colleague of Soft Secrets UK to advice him to translate to use in this edition. As i promise in my previous post I mention the nicks of the people that I use his information in the article: Paladin420 (pag 16), Huel Perkins (page 16), Primal Haze (last line of page 19), also I mention this thread
I'm very happy with this article because that finish a work that starts in 2011 the first and only interview of Jimmy and Jaime face to face, after I make the article of 2014 that I mention in the previous post speaking Europe and Israel, now with this article of America i feel that I finish a trilogy, of course I will keep on working in more articles in the future, but this chapter is finished
I will celebrate this weekend and I wish all of you a great weekend full of good moments with family and friends

Thanks for sharing this and thanks to google translate for helping me read it! Feel free to add our company to the list of breeders who make some Cannatonic crosses. We released "JH-2" (ACDC x Otto II) to industrial hemp growers in Oregon this season and used this line in our field. In total, about 80k of these were grown between us and other farms. 15% average CBD content, absolutely gorgeous plants with sweet tart / grape aromas (very different from ACDC in smell) and a vastly improved structure. Here is one plant, finishing up at our R&D facility.
IMG_1972.jpg

There is another purported cut of Cannatonic making the rounds that should be mentioned as well, though I don't know if it has a specific "name" yet. It finishes with 20%+ CBD and very, very low THC (0.4%). That's a 58:1 ratio. A little better structure than ACDC and a sweeter flavor; lower yield, but also a bit more resin. We have crossed this with some of our own very high ratio lines to investigate the heritability of high ratios, and to produce improved cultivars that can be effectively grown in Oregon as industrial hemp.
CG_ratio.jpg

LostTribe

Premium user
So only 1 question here what is the best available high CBD:THC ratio plant available readily in seed form?