What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High CBD strain Lists and Descriptions

The Revolution

Veteran
Sure. I may possibly spread her a little maybe sorta ?? She's all over prob gets renamed more often than I change my shorts ; )~
Very indica. Fairly easy grower. Best CBD numbers when pulled 'early'.. clear no cloudy.. Nice frosty hard nugs. Good bag appeal smell....

Perkins is sativa leaning, finicky but still produces well.. 0.03 HTC makes her 'lllegally hemp I believe

Ive seen some pics of the Cannatonic #4 and I gotta say she does have some bag appeal, which I was surprised by. I have some pretty big cuttings of this, that I will likely be using the material to make rosin and other extracts for patients to test. These may be mixed with a high Thc product, or given just straight.

pinkus

Veteran
At MNS they think eventually everybody will stop using high CBD "due to its limited effectiveness".

I'm there often but they are still flogging the CBD horse. I've never seen anyone with "power" over there say ANYTHING but great stuff about CBD. BTW, so far i'm with you on CBD being ....bunk. Always glad to have my mind changed though. :biggrin:

ECtraveler

Veteran
This thread shouldn't be in the medicinal cannabis forum because high CBD strains are the least medicinal, they have almost zero effect.
You keep repeating that but it's not true. No, it's not some miracle cure-all but it does have significant medicinal value.

Here is info from the National Institute Of Drug Abuse who aren't exactly big fans of Cannabis.
Preclinical and Clinical Evidence
Rigorous clinical studies are still needed to evaluate the clinical potential of CBD for specific conditions.i However, pre-clinical research (including both cell culture and animal models) has shown CBD to have a range of effects that may be therapeutically useful, including anti-seizure, antioxidant, neuroprotective, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anti-tumor, anti-psychotic, and anti-anxiety properties.
Anti-seizure effects
A number of studies over the last two decades or more have reported that CBD has anti-seizure activity, reducing the severity of seizures in animal models.vi,vii In addition, there have been a number of case studies and anecdotal reports suggesting that CBD may be effective in treating children with drug-resistant epilepsy.viii,ix,x However, there have only been a few small randomized clinical trials examining the efficacy of CBD as a treatment for epilepsy; the total number of subjects enrolled in these studies was 48. Three of the four studies reported positive results, including decreased frequency of seizures.
-Neuroprotective and Anti-Inflammatory Effects
CBD has also been shown to have neuroprotective properties in cell cultures as well as in animal models of several neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer’s,xii,xiii,xiv stroke,xv glutamate toxicity,xvi multiple sclerosis (MS),xvii Parkinson’s disease,xviii and neurodegeneration caused by alcohol abuse.xix Nabiximols (trade name Sativex), which contains THC and CBD in roughly equal proportions, has been approved throughout most of Europe and in a number of other countries for the treatment of spasticity associated with MS.
Anti-Tumor Effects
In addition to the research on the use of cannabinoids in palliative treatments for cancer—reducing pain and nausea and in increasing appetite—there are also several pre-clinical reports showing anti-tumor effects of CBD in cell culture and in animal models.xxviii These studies have found reduced cell viability, increased cancer cell death, decreased tumor growth, and inhibition of metastasis (reviewed in McAllister et al, 2015).xxix These effects may be due to the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects of CBD;xxx however these findings have not yet been explored in human patients. There are multiple industry sponsored clinical trials underway to begin to test the efficacy of CBD in human cancer patients.
Anti-Anxiety Effects
CBD has shown therapeutic efficacy in a range of animal models of anxiety and stress, reducing both behavioral and physiological (e.g., heart rate) measures of stress and anxiety.xxxiii,xxxiv In addition, CBD has shown efficacy in small human laboratory and clinical trials. CBD reduced anxiety in patients with social anxiety subjected to a stressful public speaking task.xxxv In a laboratory protocol designed to model post-traumatic stress disorders, CBD improved “consolidation of extinction learning”, in other words, forgetting of traumatic memories.xxxvi The anxiety-reducing effects of CBD appear to be mediated by alterations in serotonin receptor 1a signaling, although the precise mechanism remains to be elucidated and more research is needed
Conclusion
There is significant preliminary research supporting the potential therapeutic value of CBD, and while it is not yet sufficient to support drug approval, it highlights the need for rigorous clinical research in this area. There are barriers that should be addressed to facilitate more research in this area.
https://www.drugabuse.gov/about-nida/legislative-activities/testimony-to-congress/2016/biology-potential-therapeutic-effects-cannabidiol

ECtraveler

Veteran
This thread shouldn't be in the medicinal cannabis forum because high CBD strains are the least medicinal, they have almost zero effect.

The National Center for Biotechnology Information doesn't agree

A critical review of the antipsychotic effects of cannabidiol: 30 years of a translational investigation

Abstract
Δ(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ(9)-THC) is the main compound of the Cannabis Sativa responsible for most of the effects of the plant. Another major constituent is cannabidiol (CBD), formerly regarded to be devoid of pharmacological activity. However, laboratory rodents and human studies have shown that this cannabinoid is able to prevent psychotic-like symptoms induced by high doses of Δ(9)- THC. Subsequent studies have demonstrated that CBD has antipsychotic effects as observed using animal models and in healthy volunteers. Thus, this article provides a critical review of the research evaluating antipsychotic potential of this cannabinoid. CBD appears to have pharmacological profile similar to that of atypical antipsychotic drugs as seem using behavioral and neurochemical techniques in animal models. Additionally, CBD prevented human experimental psychosis and was effective in open case reports and clinical trials in patients with schizophrenia with a remarkable safety profile. Moreover, fMRI results strongly suggest that the antipsychotic effects of CBD in relation to the psychotomimetic effects of Δ(9)-THC involve the striatum and temporal cortex that have been traditionally associated with psychosis. Although the mechanisms of the antipsychotic properties are still not fully understood, we propose a hypothesis that could have a heuristic value to inspire new studies. These results support the idea that CBD may be a future therapeutic option in psychosis, in general and in schizophrenia, in particular.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22716160

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
The #4 and the Perkins could not be more different cultivars, both are very cherry dabs.. just sayin.. haven't tried the Tora Bora, pennywise, et al...or the Perkins out crosses yet...

they may express different growth habits but both are chemotypic expressions of the same CBD ancestor, are they not? afaik they're from the same seed stock even?

from my experience growing out several different CBD crosses made with a type III mother and a type I father the chemotype and the phenotype are not directly correlated. i can find plants that look exactly like pops but have respectable CBD levels. the occurrence of individuals like that should increase in the F2 population.

that said i bet the terpene profiles do trend towards expressing similarly to the inherited cannabinoid profiles. so for example with the limited population of freedom babies we grew, the ones that smelled most like harlequin had the higher CBD levels, and the most OG dominant individual expressed zero CBD.

makes sense that the genetic instructions for secondary metabolite production are clustered. i still don't think that proves correlation however.

i've got some elite CBD distillate on order. distillates have low terpene preservation. i'll do a dab and look for that cherry flavor. i'll be surprised if it tastes much different than any other decarboxylated concentrate.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
i've got some elite CBD distillate on order. distillates have low terpene preservation. i'll do a dab and look for that cherry flavor. i'll be surprised if it tastes much different than any other decarboxylated concentrate.

well i didn't get the elite CBD distillate yet, but I got another CO producer's product and just took my first dab.

can't deny that cherry flavor.

shit! this puts a ding in my hypothesis :nono: :biggrin: :joint:

it does have significant medicinal value.

No it does not.

In a survey among more than 10% of all registered medical users in the Netherlands high CBD was rated the lowest with only 2 points on a scale to 10.
Interestingly, the more terpenoids the higher strains got rated, independant of cannabinoids.

Research in Israel and the USA found similar results and even at MNS they say high CBD has limited effectiveness.
For cancer treatments Shanti advices high levels of THC.

Ollie

Veteran
I have to back ECtraveler on this one,

I am not saying the surveys are plain wrong, but they dont take into consideration that the majority of the users might or have not any prior experience with CBD only products, and with the habit liking nature of humans and there brains especially, it need to be taken into consideration.

I also agree with You Bubbleblower in terms of the importance of THC, especially in prevention and treatment of cancer.

Its all about COMBO, THE COMBO.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
@bubblesblower? Two questions for an obviously smart guy.
1. If CBD is not medicine what is it.
2. Have u personally tried any??

The Revolution

Veteran
Thank you ECTraveler, Ollie, Paladin.. I agree the medicinal value is in the combo of cannabinoids, and whole plant. CBD obviously has medicinal value according to recent studies and findings.

Bubbleblower if you are forming your opinion based on a single survey which sounds like it was a blind test, you may want to do more reading. I agree immediate medicinal effects of THC are obviously very noticeable, more noticeable than CBD ONLY. I would assume these patients in the netherlands are paying for their medicine but perhaps not. Of course, theyre going to want a THC product over a CBD only product. To say CBD is not effective medicine, or has no significant medical value is beyond ridiculous, and downright irresponsible, to say the least. Now Im not trying to stir up a big shitstorm, thats not what Im about. We are all entitled to our own opinion. I would recommend you do more research before just spouting this info off as you may misguide someone, who has absolutely no knowledge regarding CBD, and steer them away from something that could positively affect their health and overall quality of life. Thus them being delayed or never finding CBD. Perhaps you could reword that as CBD has no known medicinal value to yourself, would be more reasonable.

ECtraveler

Veteran
I have to back ECtraveler on this one,

I am not saying the surveys are plain wrong, but they dont take into consideration that the majority of the users might or have not any prior experience with CBD only products, and with the habit liking nature of humans and there brains especially, it need to be taken into consideration.

I also agree with You Bubbleblower in terms of the importance of THC, especially in prevention and treatment of cancer.

Its all about COMBO, THE COMBO.

Exactly. The Entourage Effect is where it's at.

KONY

Veteran
Heady what do you mean by Type III mothers and Type I father?
F3 generation vs F1?

R

Rubber Chicken

I am excited to try my Nordle CBD and Mango Haze CBD when they are finished....

Does anyone have any knowledge about making feminised seeds (S1s) from these plants?

I mean, what percentage of the S1s would have a good mix of CBD and THC?

Thanks.